Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ** The Official Unofficial Debate Thread - Sept 26, 2016 **

All I really wanted from this debate was for Trump to at least take Clinton down a notch. He couldn't do that when it came to the Iraq war and Libya because he had to spend most of his time defending himself. He couldn't do it on matters of honesty because of how many lies he has told as well. He couldn't pin her down on the "super predator" comments because of his own birther stance, which he failed completely to turn that issue back at Hillary. No matter what he threw at her, it just wouldn't stick.

One problem with this debate for Trump was the moderator. He asked questions about controversial things Trump has said/done on at least three separate occasions. He didn't press Clinton even once on a single controversial issue - "and believe me, there's a lot to work with" - Trump.

He really was the worst possible candidate to debate Clinton. I would have loved to see Rand or Ron. Even Cruz would probably have done a good job dismantling Clinton.

Debates probably won't make many people change their mind, but I do think debates can motivate people to actually get out and vote. I don't think Trump did a good job motivating his voters.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    loveshiscountry

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Link?
    No link I watched it on CNN. After the "analysis" was over the first run through, they read tweets, one from Rand, and then they took callers. It was a caller about 5-10 minutes after they started taking the calls. They were mostly horrible callers so I was half paying attention.
    Last edited by loveshiscountry; 09-26-2016 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Nm
    Liberty? That nonsense is un-American!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Big media is going to move us to a 2 year election cycle for presidents.
    Feels like we already are. The rumblings and campaigning begins around that far out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Southron View Post
    Just listening to parts of the debate on the radio, it seemed that Clinton did better overall but has Trump ever won a debate and does it even matter?
    Tragically, Clinton came off sounding like the adult in the room, polished and well rehearsed; but the weird staccato of those awkward pauses makes her sound TOO rehearsed, or like she's getting instructions wirelessly. Half the country expected Hillary to wilt and fall over, and just because she didn't die on stage she will probably get a bump.

Hey, all you right wing propagandists out there, learn this: promise low and deliver high. If you promise a Hillarycorpse and she doesn't deliver, then she comes off a bit of a winner just for not dying right? lol whatever guys, forget what I just said. This is getting funny. keep it up! For heaven's sake. This may be the only matchup in the entire universe that puts that witch in the oval office God help us all.

https://twitter.com/GovGaryJohnson/s...97903370903552
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Trump knows he lost this one...
    America lost this one. This isn't even about libertarian issues. This is about this country being lucky if it isn't embroiled in WW3, a civil war and economic collapse all at the same time within a year.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This media puppet idiot is being rightfully called out:

LESTER HOLT: THE THIRD DEBATER...
    Cant stand either of them, but yes, Holt sounded like a Hillary staffer on this one. I'm not invested enough to go back relisten and count how many times hold challenged Hillary vs Trump, but the sheer number disparity of interruptions alone says a lot, and IIRC Trump came out interrupting right from ground zero. That's not excusing anyone just chewing on how the entire thing was just a shyt show right from the foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    True, but does it matter? The American people are stupid, all they heard was this:

That's pretty much how they sounded to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    I fell asleep
    So did I.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Anyone remember when Trump pushers were telling us that he needed to be elected because of what he would do to her one on one?

Well I think that officially went out the window tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Anyone remember when Trump pushers were telling us that he needed to be elected because of what he would do to her one on one?

Well I think that officially went out the window tonight.
    But the Drudge poll said she got crushed
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    But...but...but is Drudge on the (un)official list of approved news sources?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://twitter.com/LawrenceKS_PD/st...20107973804033

As everybody knows I am not Pro-Clinton by any means but thought she did very well, she was well prepared and stated her case very well.
    Anybody else wish Ron Paul was up there debating her instead...... ?

Trump tried to be nice...... he never hit her even once with "Crooked Hillary".
    I am kind of disappointed his MO is toned down this round
    Oh well there is two more debates yet.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Only two things would have saved Trump tonight: 1) Hillary having a medical crisis, or 2) Rand feeding into Trump's ear piece each and every word that came out of his mouth.

So many open doors that were not stepped through. She could have been destroyed.
    Last edited by pao; 09-27-2016 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    SWC HRC seems to be getting "crushed" at other places too.

But TV talking heads won’t decide this election. The American people will. And all of them read Slate. So we’re turning to you, Slate readers: Who won?
    Latest updated results:

Hillary Clinton, 45.78% and Donald Trump, 54.22%.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a..._our_poll.html

Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump faced off at their first presidential debate Monday. Who do you think won?

• Hillary Clinton
      40 %
    • Donald Trump
      60 %

652,087 Votes

http://time.com/4506217/presidential...-trump-survey/

Clinton or Trump: Who do you think won the first presidential debate?

• Hillary Clinton 33 %
      Votes

Donald Trump 67 %
      Votes

1,020,543 Votes

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/26/vote-...al-debate.html

The Daily 202: Trump wins the debate expectations game
    In-Depth-Washington Post

Although WaPo headlines seems bit fishy.

Sorry I missed it, was working, wait no I'm not. Who cares? We are $#@!ed anyways.

Markets declare Hillary Clinton the winner of first debate

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/26/marke...st-debate.html

Hillary Clinton appears to have edged out her Republican opponent Donald Trump in the first presidential debate, based on analysts' take on the market reaction.

"Early indications suggest Hillary won the debate; at least didn't lose. Futures are higher and the peso is rallying," said Jack Ablin, chief investment officer at BMO Private Bank.

U.S. stock index futures erased losses to trade positive as the debate kicked off. Futures were near session highs as the debate ended, with Dow futures briefly adding more than 100 points.

The U.S. dollar last traded about 1.8 percent weaker against the Mexican peso and was stronger against the yen. The euro-dollar held steady near $1.125.

In the last few days, the Mexican peso has hit all-time lows against the U.S. dollar as Trump appeared to gain momentum in election polls.

The Dow Jones industrial average closed more than 150 points lower Monday, weighed by concerns ahead of the evening debate and pressure on the financial sector from a plunge in shares of Deutsche Bank to record lows.

"I think Hillary Clinton did pretty well. I think she was better prepared than Trump," said Bruce Bittles, chief investment strategist at Baird. "Whether the debate will mean anything (remains) to be seen."

Key market issues such as drug pricing and breaking up the banks were not discussed at this debate. But both candidates agreed on the need to strengthen cybersecurity. Clinton focused more on combating terrorism in cyberspace, while Trump said hacking and cyberwarfare was a "huge problem."

Paul Christopher, head global market strategist at Wells Fargo Investment Institute, said Clinton's "direct references to supporting Arab allies against ISIS was also a strong statement that reiterated the current administration's approach, although she did not offer much that was new."

"Mr. Trump agreed that we could be better at cybersecurity, but his answers were diffuse and unfocused, and handicapped by his well-known favorable comments about Russian President [Vladimir] Putin," Christopher said. "Mr. Trump could have said more about opening a broader cyber front against ISIS."

To be sure, the immediate Monday night market reaction to the debate could reverse, and analysts were quick to point out that there are still two more presidential debates to come ahead of the November election.

"If markets think she did well, then the polls need to reflect that. In the financial industry, the (market participants), they can have an assessment she won. That doesn't mean the average voter has the same view," said Andres Jaime, global FX and rates strategist at Barclays.

"If a poll in the next few days shows the race is as tight as it (was heading into the debate), then markets will probably sell off," he said. He said clarity on the latest polls should come by the end of the week.
    Sept. 26, 2016
    6:36 p.m.
    Scorecard: Times political writers unanimously declare Clinton the winner of round 1

To help us through the first presidential debate, we’ve enlisted the help of three of our political writers and columnists to act as judges. Each judge will score every round with a win, lose or draw. At the end, we’ll tally up their scores and declare a winner. We'll be posting the winner of each round on the live blog, but for more commentary and analysis from our panel of judges, head to our full debate scorecard.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/politi...htmlstory.html
    There is no spoon.

What are your thoughts on the moderator? Fair and Balanced?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    This media puppet idiot is being rightfully called out:

LESTER HOLT: THE THIRD DEBATER...
    Cant stand either of them, but yes, Holt sounded like a Hillary staffer on this one. I'm not invested enough to go back relisten and count how many times hold challenged Hillary vs Trump, but the sheer number disparity of interruptions alone says a lot, and IIRC Trump came out interrupting right from ground zero. That's not excusing anyone just chewing on how the entire thing was just a shyt show right from the foundation.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    A hack.

There seems to be a dubious trend among neoconish lobbies that does not seem all that accidental, in recent years they seem to pick minorities for some of the dirtiest jobs without any regard for damage it does to the credibility of the folks they pick to make a public face of their agenda. Years later sometimes public gets to read leaks from soneone like Colin Powell protesting, "I'm not reading this ****" but others seem to read their scripts to propagate a lyin agenda of puppet masters quietly. It is sad and abusive to an extent as not following such direction could put their livelihoods in jeopardy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    Said this on another thread:

And as far as the mod went, he was possibly prejudiced toward Clinton, but to be fair, Trump did exactly as he always does- went over his time limit every time, would not shut up, even when told that they needed to move on, talked about more about himself than any political positions, and constantly reminding everyone how wonderful and successful he was
    Even Tyler Durden fron Zero Hedge gave hin the benefit of the doubt.

Debate Post-Mortem: Rematch Required As Commentators Split On Debate Winner, Markets Give Hillary Nod

by Tyler Durden
    Sep 26, 2016 11:01 PM

From "big, fat, ugly bubbles" to "trumped-up trickle-down" economics, tonight's debate had something for everyone. One-liners and soundbites were dropped like confetti with strange facial gestures, delicate coughs, and direct jabs flying left, right, and center. As far as the results go, it's anyone's guess: Lester Holt was soundly beaten by everyone online; the markets (S&P Futs and the Mexican Peso) both suggested a Trump loss, Trump won Twitter, online (and unscientific) polls were undecided with a slight nod to a Trump victory, as commentators were mixed, most siding with their ideological bias.

As Bloomberg reports, after a little more than 90 minutes of debate (full transcript here), here are the key takeaways from tonight's event:

The candidates spent a good deal of time on stop-and-frisk, racial issues, Obama birther matter, ISIS and nuclear weapons.

Trump appeared to be rambling on a number of questions, especially on foreign policy.

Clinton made points on the tax returns, with Trump not ending questions about whether he failed to pay any federal income taxes -- an not offering a clear reason as to why he's not releasing his tax returns.

Clinton's answers often were recitations of her campaign statements.

It was difficult for Holt, as moderator, to keep the candidates focused on the questions. At times, it appeared he'd lost control of the debate.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...arkets-give-hi
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    In case anybody is actually interested in the debate, Scott Adams is going to be broadcasting live on Periscope. To quote one of my esteemed colleagues, he's been downright prophetic so far. And he's got a hot chick co-hosting, for all you guys who'd rather not look at Hillary for 3 hours.

Trump has the DILBERT vote as comic strip creator says he's already won – and warns Hillary could spend her presidency caring for a dying husband
    Scott Adams, the brainchild of the comic strip Dilbert, has switched his allegiance from Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump
    Writing on his blog, Adams argues that Trump seems to have already won - and he worried about the health of both Hillary and Bill Clinton
    'Hillary wouldn’t be much use to the country if she is taking care of a dying husband on the side,' argues Adams
    Adams believes that the country needs a trained persuader over a policy wonk, and objected to Hillary Clinton's hike of the estate tax

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4LR8hF0iM
    Follow us: @MAIlOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Women don't deserve equal pay if they don't do a good a job as men.

She said that like it was an insult.
    She was definitely trying to play the SJW crowd.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Trump better practice for the next one if he actually wants to win.
    He should at least practice talking about more than one subject for 90 minutes.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Said this on another thread:
    What about the moderator behavior in the debate? My comment is not about Trump.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast