Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is It Time For Libertarian Gun Owners To Rethink Who They are Voting For ?

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    ISIS is a creation of the US, Saudi Arabia and Israel.

No one is going to do anything but fund it. and use it.

and if Trump somehow gets the job,, He will be informed of what he will do.

whatever he says means dodo.
    yes probably
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    So you bought the MSM's 'deplorable' narrative that most of the tens of millions of populist opponents of government and the PC regime are kooks or bigots. Agreeing to such mass demonization is not the way to reach any sizeable bloc of voters, and it keeps people mentally shackled to the same frameworks that have made it impossible to overcome the institutional obstacles to liberty. Rand's approach was perceived as too accommodating to the statist status quo for him to be accepted as an effective alternative.

For this same reason. nor did Rand have an effective solution to the blackout tactics, which as you pointed out were being practiced on him BEFORE, and APART from Trump. If Trump had never entered the race, Jeb would have dominated the primary coverage as per the establishment's actual plan, and the elite would have still blocked Rand out. So the crucial issue remains, the Pauls did not have an effective counter to the kingmakers' tactics, or a viable outreach plan to get votes outside the liberty wing of the GOP, whereas Trump did.

Reaching out, and effectively reaching out are different things. Reaching out in the entirely PC, let's-play-nice way with the MSM that Rand tried, turned out to be ineffective. Boldly confronting or denigrating the media, mega donors, and party leadership, while appealing to a populist or nationalist dynamic among voters, turned out to be the more successful route.
    No, I didn't buy a narrative sold to me by anyone other than the bigots and kooks have co-opted many of the same channels which brought awareness to people of Ron Paul. You'd have to live under a rock or off grid not to be aware of what has transpired. It might be a case of frog in the pot for some, I suppose. This forum used to make some effort in discouraging that type of proselytizing. The virulence here is evident when one has stepped away for a few months and returns. Too many online sites have become toxic wastelands of self pity and hatred for their pet scapegoat.

Your rant against Rand is crap. It's the fool's dream you've been sold. You are deep in the con. You must know Trump personally and have all sorts of insider information or you're getting your info the way the rest of us poor schmucks are getting it. Media is what it is, a business, and they play for the buyers. Now the big money is invested in the con. Your "outsider" candidate has plenty of proof he's a player and you are the means to an end. Trump has been using the middle class all his life and profiting at their expense. Joke is on every middle class fool who supports someone who is as clear as he is about what he thinks of the hoi polloi.

I don't get how folks could be aware of the collusion and backroom deals in politics, the technological advancements in targeting audiences, that there is some serious freaking money in the pockets of those pulling strings, look at the videos and pictures of Trump and Clinton families schmoozing together, and try to keep a straight face while saying they are voting for the outsider candidate, Donald trump.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And what follows when the government takes away the "protection or recognition of those rights?" One follows the other. And as I've said...
    No kidding. Once SCOTUS ruled that the preborn do not have a right to life, it pretty much went downhill from there. The value of a life is a game changer. Police now hold the lives of stranded motorists rather cheaply.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    just from my own experience is the people I talk with will NOT vote for him because of what they hear. I have yet to see someone say they will.vote for Trump because he is being mentioned in the news all the time. Does everyone like ISIS or hillary because they are in the news non stop? I just don't get it.
    I listen to his own words. He has dug himself a hell of a hole before he even ran this time. He also talks like moron. He parrots AJ talking points. He pimps for literary prizes for bird cage liner joke rags. He lies as often as breathing. He talks about his wealth and his attractiveness, both poor form and evidence of having neither because you must self promote. He's vulgar and cruel. Msm didn't need to point that out. All someone has to do is listen to him and evaluate his past behavior.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    I listen to his own words. He has dug himself a hell of a hole before he even ran this time. He also talks like moron. He parrots AJ talking points. He pimps for literary prizes for bird cage liner joke rags. He lies as often as breathing. He talks about his wealth and his attractiveness, both poor form and evidence of having neither because you must self promote. He's vulgar and cruel. Msm didn't need to point that out. All someone has to do is listen to him and evaluate his past behavior.
    Your post is not talking about what I was pointing out. We are discussing media coverage and whether it always has a good impact.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    No, I didn't buy a narrative sold to me by anyone other than the bigots and kooks have co-opted many of the same channels which brought awareness to people of Ron Paul. You'd have to live under a rock or off grid not to be aware of what has transpired. It might be a case of frog in the pot for some, I suppose. This forum used to make some effort in discouraging that type of proselytizing. The virulence here is evident when one has stepped away for a few months and returns. Too many online sites have become toxic wastelands of self pity and hatred for their pet scapegoat.

Your rant against Rand is crap. It's the fool's dream you've been sold. You are deep in the con. You must know Trump personally and have all sorts of insider information or you're getting your info the way the rest of us poor schmucks are getting it. Media is what it is, a business, and they play for the buyers. Now the big money is invested in the con. Your "outsider" candidate has plenty of proof he's a player and you are the means to an end. Trump has been using the middle class all his life and profiting at their expense. Joke is on every middle class fool who supports someone who is as clear as he is about what he thinks of the hoi polloi.

I don't get how folks could be aware of the collusion and backroom deals in politics, the technological advancements in targeting audiences, that there is some serious freaking money in the pockets of those pulling strings, look at the videos and pictures of Trump and Clinton families schmoozing together, and try to keep a straight face while saying they are voting for the outsider candidate, Donald trump.
    ok so what is your answer for your pet scapegoat?
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your post is not talking about what I was pointing out. We are discussing media coverage and whether it always has a good impact.
    Where do you think one reads his words or watches his narrative at? He doesn't need the media to give their opinion. All that needs to be done is print his words or give him enough rope on camera. This is the context by which many who oppose him have drawn their conclusion. Then for this facet of society, they are told to vote Clinton.

The favorable context people view him in is a typical old timers parenting trick. Whatever you do, don't vote for this guy. He is such an outsider. None of the establishment likes him. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

The house does not lose...

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

ok so what is your answer for your pet scapegoat?
    Name my scapegoat. I'm just as guilty of some of this current nonsense as any other citizen who has complied and or voted in some of these scoundrels. But I'm choosing not to entertain the theory of turning back society to some white supremacist wet dream of authoritarian control. As I see it, nowhere to run to, Nowhere to hide. So...I am working on rearing a future generation of non-conformists. I'll deal with what is being shoved down my throat as it comes at me.

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    So you're prepared to go toe to toe with a militarized A.T.F. when push comes to shove? The SCOTUS is viewed as god-sanctioned by just about every idiot with a badge in this country, think about that when you waste your vote on Gary Johnson, who probably couldn't get elected governor of New Mexico again if he tried.
    We could start by actually using church discipline on those who agree to "wear a badge" for this wicked God-forsaken (mean that literally not as a third commandment violation) country. I'm sure your church would but the vast majority wont. My parents' Calvinistic baptist church even has one as an elder.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

So how 'bout 'em watch lists?

My avatar has never been more appropriate
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Sure it is, and it's easy to demonstrate, but I think he's regressed a bit and not ready to hear that yet. He's lost his conviction, so following after the model of my faith, conviction has to be restored before education can resume, yes? I think by stacking all that burden onto the choice, it just makes it harder for him to make the painful choice. I think maybe if he decides first that 'yes, participating in any unlawful gun confiscation is evil' then it will be easier to demonstrate how that will become universal after the decision is made that it is indeed evil.

This is a lesson that I have been trying to pound into Republicans since the day I got involved, and I have actually had some (limited) success. "Never give your man a power that you do not want your enemy to have, because your man will not be in power forever." I was able to point of a lot of Obama abuses of GWB's holes in the firewall to make that point. I think one possibly beneficial thing about a Trump Presidency would be after he gets put out in 2020 and some Dem rapes the government Trump left behind, come 2024 there may be riots in the streets in favor of REAL reform. The question is can we survive 8 years of that madness? I have to be honest with myself and say that we have already survived a lot more than I had expected, so I can't put the odds better than 30% that we won't. So if I'm at 70% that America survives the coming hell, if Trump wins, I'll expect a major Dem kneejerk in 2020, and I'll plan for exploding outrage in 2024. How do we channel that exploding outrage into a Constitutionalist reformer and not allow another jackass like Trump to steal the thunder we built?

It's because the liberty movement has heretofore largely been more reactive than proactive I think. I was pressing local races in 2004 with an eye to build from the bottom up until our platform was 'the normal' and then hit higher offices. It's a point I have been trying to make consistently the entire time I have been involved with the liberty movement. It's the reason I ran for State House int he first place and 'accidentally' won.

Had we actually all worked offices from the ground up starting in 2007, then 2016 would have been almost a given for us. We are not the squirrel planning ahead and saving away for the winter, we are the over-excited dog that wants to chase the squirrel. We have another opportunity in 2024 that will be an enormous opportunity for us. If Hillary wins, we will have the same opportunity but a bit lesser and a lot more out of balance in 2020. If we want to actually make something happen, we need to anticipate what will happen 4 or 8 years ahead, and put ourselves into a position to capture the disenfranchised.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GunnyFreedom again.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    No you haven't.

Today I can go down to Bass Pro or log on to armslist and buy an AR, AK, or AUG and 30 round mags to go with it. I can throw them in the truck and ride around with them. I can take them to the range or to the farm to shoot. I can stick them in the safe and never worry about being a felon for having them. The Supreme Court can change that with the a few strokes on a keyboard by some 24 year old clerk from Harvard Law.

That is reality. Shouting down people that state this truth doesn't help you. Going on demented off med negative rep crusades against us doesn't help you. The only thing that can help you is Donald J Trump.
    Just shut the $#@! up already. $#@! Trump. $#@! the CURRENT gun controlled state and those that want more government control. Hey, are ya on a "no-fly" list? Might not even know if you were. Because some few strokes of a key board may have put your there. Trump wouldn't want you to by a gun from Bass-Pro (Lol.). $#@! due process. Right? Just shut the $#@! up already. Trumpcuckers are such pro-government shills it's embarrassing to think that others have to read their bull$#@! when they post on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Trump is a Democrat. Never trust a Democrat.

He turned away from the Republicans after the Iraq war. I think he's always kept his true feelings hidden. The one thing that's certain is that he loves his country. That can't be said of anyone since Reagan, also a former Democrat.

Just shut the $#@! up already. $#@! Trump. $#@! the CURRENT gun controlled state and those that want more government control. Hey, are ya on a "no-fly" list? Might not even know if you were. Because some few strokes of a key board may have put your there. Trump wouldn't want you to by a gun from Bass-Pro (Lol.). $#@! due process. Right? Just shut the $#@! up already. Trumpcuckers are such pro-government shills it's embarrassing to think that others have to read their bull$#@! when they post on this forum.
    Why so vulgar? That's usually a sign of low intelligence.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wash it down with some water; you'll be alright.

Last I heard, DJT backed the same thing the NRA backed in regards to the no-fly list, a 72 hour period for the government to prove their case against said individual in front of a judge. That's a far cry from outright gun bans and the overturning of Heller and or McDonald. If you like your gun rights, Donald Trump is the best candidate in the race.
    72 hours might be a little tight for me to show up for my defense. Let alone conduct a procedure for civil discovery for the charges against me. Are you for real? Been here since 2010 and cannot grasp this simple concept?
    Oh, lolol, the NRA? Really? Most gun owners have ditched the Fed organization that is the NRA. Catch up Mr. Bass-Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    I'm an ex-sailor. Sue me. Do you need a safe space?

Wash it down with some water; you'll be alright.

Last I heard, DJT backed the same thing the NRA backed in regards to the no-fly list, a 72 hour period for the government to prove their case against said individual in front of a judge. That's a far cry from outright gun bans and the overturning of Heller and or McDonald. If you like your gun rights, Donald Trump is the best candidate in the race.
    This is the only part of your post I can support. No one should have their constitutional rights stripped away without the right to defend himself to a jury of his peers.

More so than supporting Trump? Hmmm.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Let's first deal with the complex question fallacy. I have never been an open borders person neither do I support bringing in all of these refugees, nor do I support the wars we have fought and instigated which created these refugees, or 'refugees' in the first place.

I might support banning gun possession from someone who has actually used a gun in their own hand to commit a felony, and some measure of reform involved in a potential restoration of gun rights, but all of this anyway could only exist at State level and not federal.

If there is to be such a thing as 'gun control' ala actual gunslinging felons, then Washington DC is still prohibited by the Constitution from doing it.
    You'd think someone from 2007 would have gotten that message by now.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    More so than supporting Trump? Hmmm.
    Yes.

I'm an ex-sailor. Sue me. Do you need a safe space?
    I would like another one.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Yes.

Hmmmm.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I would like another one.
    Trying to wean you off. They can be addictive.

As usual, you certainly deliver! A true crusader for all that is right and good! Never change Phil, never change.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    The MSM has treated Gary as irrelevant, but they treated Ron the same way...A Libertarian win of several states prevents either Clump or Trinton from reaching 270.
    Exactly. Mittens tried to take Libs for granted and got Obama as his president. Drumpf wants to do the same. Interesting that he actively courts Bernie's supporters so bad but ignores Libertarians. Clinton and Trump are two skidmarks on the same dirty pair of underwear. As a Lib, I will freely admit to wanting the GOP to implode simply so that a viable party can be created that isn't run by Chickenhawks, Wall $t pinheads and the Israel lobby. Trump's nomination shows that we're nearly there. If it takes another 8 years to get there, I'm good with it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234