Thread: MA Court: Black Men Are Allowed To Run From Cops

MA Court: Black Men Are Allowed To Run From Cops

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bla...D=ansmsnnews11

"Such an individual, when approached by the police, might just as easily be motivated by the desire to avoid the recurring indignity of being racially profiled as by the desire to hide criminal activity," the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court wrote in an opinion made public Tuesday. "Rather, the finding that black males in Boston are disproportionately and repeatedly targeted…suggests a reason for flight totally unrelated to consciousness of guilt."
    Some animals are more equal than others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if they will extend that to high-speed chases, etc..
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

This is being incorrectly reported by the media: It didn’t say [black men] have a right to flee," Lovins says. "We all have a right to flee, that’s the case law. If a cop comes up to you and says ‘I want to talk to you,’ you should say to him, ‘you and I both know I don’t have an obligation to talk to you and I’m leaving.’ And that can happen by walking away or running away.”
    From the OP article. Also the real uneditted headline reads:

Black Men (May) Have (Reason) to Run from Police, Massachusetts High Court Finds

The words in bracket were removed to make sound more pro Black than its actually is

What about black women's rights, did they say anythong about that or there will be gender discrimination?

Entire House Of Reps Gives Standing Ovation To Cops After Killing Unarmed Black Mother Who Drove Away From Them

Lawyer representing family of Miriam Carey arrested

Did the ruling say anything about mixed-race folks' rights.. which side of their makeup will govern their rights in half-half situations?
    There could be lot of constant running if cops are assigned to protect them in case of some elected officials.

And that can happen by walking away or running away.
    At which point all of the body cams will malfunction, and you will become a statistic
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I think it is only fair everyone run from the cops , you are trying to save your life.

Banned

Blog Entries
    It's always been legal to run when you see police. And they can't chase you unless you were the suspects they were seeking. However, about 15 years ago in some cities it became the law if you ran, they can arrest you for running.

How about we just make it a crime for police to speak or interact in any way within the population without a valid warrant..

and do something about holding Judges accountable for those warrants.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I think it is only fair everyone run from the cops , you are trying to save your life.
    This is my belief as well.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

oh what fun. Now it will be more like hunting instead of fish in a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Really? I would have guessed that doing exactly what the police man aka the man with the gun says is the best way to guarantee your safety. For the life of me, I cannot understand why anyone black, white or brown would want to endanger their lives by running from a cop. I can understand trying to avoid cops when you can but once they have IDed you, it is completely dangerous and reckless to run.

Your Right of Defense Against Unlawful Arrest
    http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm

Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306.
    “Each person has the right to resist an unlawful arrest. In such a case, the person attempting the arrest stands in the position of a wrongdoer and may be resisted by the use of force, as in self- defense.” (State v. Mobley, 240 N.C. 476, 83 S.E. 2d 100).
    As for grounds for arrest: “The carrying of arms in a quiet, peaceable, and orderly manner, concealed on or about the person, is not a breach of the peace. Nor does such an act of itself, lead to a breach of the peace.” (Wharton’s Criminal and Civil Procedure, 12th Ed., Vol.2: Judy v. Lashley, 5 W. Va. 628, 41 S.E. 197).
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bla...D=ansmsnnews11

Some animals are more equal than others.
    Shooting a man in the back has always been considered dishonorable.

perhaps that has changed.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Shooting a man in the back has always been considered dishonorable.

perhaps that has changed.
    Well in the past few years there certainly have been a few men who've shot themselves in the back of the head while handcuffed.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    It's always been legal to run when you see police. And they can't chase you unless you were the suspects they were seeking. However, about 15 years ago in some cities it became the law if you ran, they can arrest you for running.
    Legal is determined by the cop on scene.

Running away, black or white, will normally get you summary, streetside execution for Contempt of Cop.