Thread: Monsanto Just Made a Massive Mistake

Monsanto Just Made a Massive Mistake

Monsanto Just Made a Massive Mistake
    One of its weed killers seems to be wiping out valuable crops, too. Oops.

TOM PHILPOTTAUG. 17, 2016 4:22 PM

http://www.motherjones.com/environme...istake-dicamba

Monsanto's damage to our food supply due to illegal use of their dicamba herbicide is mounting. Why? Monsanto started selling GMO seeds engineered to tolerate both glyphosate and dicamba, before regulators approved the new glyphosate/dicamba formulation. So the chemical farmers are buying the seeds and using current, highly volatile dicamba formulations illegally, and killing off neighbor's crops because of pesticide drift. Complaints of drooping and often dead crops appeared in no fewer than 10 states, the EPA reports. In Missouri alone, the agency says it has gotten 117 complaints "alleging misuse of pesticide products containing dicamba," affecting more than 42,000 acres of crops, including peaches, tomatoes, cantaloupes, watermelons, rice, peas, peanuts, alfalfa, cotton, and soybeans. The state's largest peach farm, which lies near soybean-and-cotton country, has suffered massive and potentially permanent damage this year. So are Monsanto or the chemical-addicted farmers paying for all of this damage? Of course not, as usual. They pollute, someone else pays.
    #PesticideDrift #GMOPollution #dicamba #CropDamage #GMO #food #BoycottGMOs #BanGMOs #gmofreecanada #gmofreeusa

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So it's totally Monsanto's fault that the farmers are using the product illegally. Or, if we want to use free market Libertarian words, the farmers are not using the product according to the directions on the label.

Got it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56550303-b77c-4e3f-8ffa-a5307eba538e.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	5240
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Americas Bees are in Peril. Petition- Save Americas Bees.

America's bees are dying at some of the highest rates ever, struggling to survive a deluge of toxic neonic pesticides unleashed by multinational chemical giants like Bayer and Monsanto. Yet the EPA continues to drag its feet on protecting these vital pollinators. And bees can't afford to wait for the next administration.

https://secure.nrdconline.org/site/A...0-BO-18p-Bee14

Bayer just bought Monsanto for $66 Billion. Now we'll have a one stop shop for killing bees and everybody else.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post

America's bees are dying at some of the highest rates ever, struggling to survive a deluge of toxic neonic pesticides unleashed by multinational chemical giants like Bayer and Monsanto. Yet the EPA continues to drag its feet on protecting these vital pollinators. And bees can't afford to wait for the next administration.

That has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. I asked a simple libertarian question. Why is Monsanto to blame for the actions of their customers?

A statist could assert that the government made a mistake by approving the seeds but not the lower volatility dicamba formulation. Since I don't think the government should be involved at all, I'm more interested in your thought as to why you think Monsanto made a mistake when a libertarian would seemingly assign blame to the farmers.
    Last edited by angelatc; 09-24-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by libertyjam View Post

Or let's have a war on bees?
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post

Is dicamba even a neonicotinoid? After a bit of Googling, I don't think it is. Which makes that post even more ridiculous in context.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well I for one say thank goodness for these new "free trade" agreements. Tee hee.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post

I'm Covered in Bees!

There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. I asked a simple libertarian question. Why is Monsanto to blame for the actions of their customers?

A statist could assert that the government made a mistake by approving the seeds but not the lower volatility dicamba formulation. Since I don't think the government should be involved at all, I'm more interested in your thought as to why you think Monsanto made a mistake when a libertarian would seemingly assign blame to the farmers.
    if the product is a killer- then yes, Monsanto is to blame as well.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Every product is a killer when misused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    time to ban those guns then.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well, no sense in banning guns so long as we're able to sue.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I don't equate an instrument of protection with a poison purposely made to take over the farming industry and supported by .gov.
    There is no spoon.