Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Step Stool for Hillary

No Stool for Hillary

Short Hillary wanted to debate tall Trump on a STEP STOOL – but was turned down – and she won't get commercial breaks for coughing fits or fainting spells

The Clinton campaign asked the Commission on Presidential Debates to give her a step stool so she wouldn't look much shorter than Donald Trump

Clinton stands 5'4", nearly a foot shorter than Trump's 6'2"
    The commission turned down her request but is allowing a custom-built podium to minimize Trump's height advantage
    There will be no commercial breaks during the 90-minute debate Monday night, leaving Clinton on camera if she faints or has a coughing episode

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4L7EL0Gcs
    Last edited by Danke; 09-23-2016 at 06:08 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

I see no reason to make either of them stand for 2 hours.

Standing continually for hours is not particularly good for anyone, especially if the floor is cement underneath.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post

Standing continually for hours is not particularly good for anyone, especially if the floor is cement underneath.
    If a factory worker can do it for 8 hrs -12 hrs. then a presidential candidate can do it for 2 hrs. Wait...NVM.

They should just have Lazy Boy chairs--what the hell?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I stand that long every day and then some.

I think Michael Dukakis was quite short at 5'8" compared to the lanky, athletic GHWB at 6'2". I think Dukakis was given an elevated podium to his own proportion or some such.

http://www.upi.com/Archives/1988/09/...9588590817600/
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I stand that long every day and then some.

I think Michael Dukakis was quite short at 5'8" compared to the lanky, athletic GHWB at 6'2". I think Dukakis was given an elevated podium to his own proportion or some such.

http://www.upi.com/Archives/1988/09/...9588590817600/
    Trump is 70 & Hitlery is 68- I don't think I'd ask my grandparents to stand for 2 hrs.

JMHPOV
    There is no spoon.

Trump is 70 & Hitlery is 68- I don't think I'd ask my grandparents to stand for 2 hrs.

JMHPOV
    I'd ask these 2 arseholes to stand 2 hours in a burning building.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    I'd ask these 2 arseholes to stand 2 hours in a burning building.
    Well, there IS that.
    There is no spoon.

People stand that long all the time. And walk. And do sports.
    #NashvilleStrong

People stand that long all the time. And walk. And do sports.
    I'm a black belt and could probably walk across the United States- but standing for hrs can be detrimental.

PLUS- WTH difference does it make? Sounds like the commission is just trying to exert nonsense power.

Let them sit, if necessary.
    There is no spoon.

Standing is part of the job. If they want to debate, they can observe protocol and follow the rules.

Adding, it is very unusual for the commission to do this. They have been partial to Hillary from the start, and I can't imagine the motive for it.
    #NashvilleStrong

I don't know what you are talkinga bout. I stand at my desk all day, been doing it for most of my adult life and have always found it healthier than sitting on your ass all those hours of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I don't know what you are talkinga bout. I stand at my desk all day, been doing it for most of my adult life and have always found it healthier than sitting on your ass all those hours of the day.
    You are just like Donald Rumsfeld

Donald Rumsfeld, A Real Stand-Up Guy: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jun23.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post

Donald Rumsfeld, A Real Stand-Up Guy: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jun23.html
    Sure, I would prefer the comparison to Thomas Jefferson or even Ernest Hemmingway; but yes many influential people in history have found themselves more productive using stand up desks instead of slouching away in a seat.

I am more like Hemingway.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm not a desk guy.

Like I said, if it's not on a cement base it may not be so bad, but most dancers & martial artists know that people do not really know how to stand, so it can hurt shins, feet, arches, veins etc.
    There is no spoon.

Standing is part of the job. If they want to debate, they can observe protocol and follow the rules.

Adding, it is very unusual for the commission to do this. They have been partial to Hillary from the start, and I can't imagine the motive for it.
    It's all for show, kind of like running someone to the left of her during the primaries, and making it look like it was competitive. They want the press making a big deal of this, so if she makes it through the debate, the press can declare the health-related topics as insane conspiracy theories.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

She won't make it through the debate.
    I am the spoon.

I'm not a desk guy.

Like I said, if it's not on a cement base it may not be so bad, but most dancers & martial artists know that people do not really know how to stand, so it can hurt shins, feet, arches, veins etc.
    Well I've been standing at a desk for well over a decade now, never on carpet, much of it on tile or hardwood and usually barefoot. No problems whatsoever.

ARRGH! Who friggin' cares?!!

This whole $#@! show is a $#@!ing mess! This is what you get in a two-party system. If you are going to vote for either of these people then YOU are part of the problem!!

I hate them in a chair. I hate them on the stairs. I hate them standing up. Do I really hate them? Yup!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

This whole $#@! show is a $#@!ing mess! This is what you get in a two-party system. If you are going to vote for either of these people then YOU are part of the problem!!

I hate them in a chair. I hate them on the stairs. I hate them standing up. Do I really hate them? Yup!

I'm with ya.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

LOL

I would not like them
    Here or there.
    I would not like them
    Anywhere.
    I do not like
    Weird eyes, orange hair
    I wish they'd vanish
    Into thin air!

It really doesn't matter- just seems like a silly rule that has nothing to do with the issues at hand.
    There is no spoon.

I would not like them
    Here or there.
    I would not like them
    Anywhere.
    I do not like
    Weird eyes, orange hair
    I wish they'd vanish
    Into thin air!
    You guys are cracking me up with the Dr. Seuss!

...it is very sad that things have come to this.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol.. didn't people made fun of Rand for being too short? Well, I guess if you are Hillary or a woman.. its okay.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    lol.. didn't people made fun of Rand for being too short? Well, I guess if you are Hillary or a woman.. its okay.
    They gave Lindsey Graham a thing to stand on when he was in the debates. I think Lindsey is shorter than Rand.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

STEP STOOL – but was turned down – and she won't get commercial breaks for coughing fits or fainting spells
    Well, there is always plan B:
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

It is a sign of how devoid this election has been of actual policy discussion. This election has been incredibly childish and stupid. When Ron Paul ran at least they had to focus on some of the big issues, but this time it feels like we've finally hit the intellectual level of reality television.
    "This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." -Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    They gave Lindsey Graham a thing to stand on when he was in the debates. I think Lindsey is shorter than Rand.
    Bachmann had a stool back in 2012. But those were GOP debates, not run by the commission.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Well, there is always plan B:
    Do NOT insult the Scarecrow!
    There is no spoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast