Thread: How SJWs neutralize rival institutions

How SJWs neutralize rival institutions

This is about GamerGate but the same methods are used here, there, and everywhere. RPF has $#@!posters with reps beyond repute, FFS! (See the Ego section for that.) Not only do we have to contend with govt-paid POS provocateurs, we have to deal with these SJW control-freak clowns. Sadly, they have been effective as hell.

https://voxday.blogspot.com/2016/09/...titutions.html

This is a vital description of the way SJWs attack social media institutions outside their control, from a blog to an entire social media organization:

Containment, however, is not a winning strategy on its own. Even if you contain a conversation, even if you contain a user base, it can still grow in theory. As degenerate as people are today, quality is easily detected by others, whether it is great art, entertaining jokes or damning evidence. This is why, once a "space" (I'll drop the quotes now, but please note that I don't intend to justify the existing use of this terminology, I intend to dismantle it) is contained, the next move is to ensure its destruction. There are two ways to do this, we will now discuss the first of them:

Strategy 2: Dilution and poisoning

Just because a space is contained by no means implies that they intend to leave it alone. Containment keeps people inside the space from going out, like a gated city under siege by a numerically and tactically superior enemy. Dilution and pollution are the artillery and siege weapons deployed to make ensure everyone in the city starves or gets poisoned. Their aim is to destroys the target containment space and ensure those inside surrender and assimilate into the outer safe space.

What keeps a space alive? Two key ingredients: new users and new content (also known as OC). A new participants/lurkers, after becoming familiar with a space, create new content. The OC doesn't make itself after all, and every individual has a finite amount of time and finite will to continue. If they feel they are alone, lacking the will to continue, they will give up. New content, attracts new people and if it directs them to the space that created it, they can participate and grow it. Thus the two parameters are tightly coupled. Lose one and you lose the other.

By diluting the content that exists in a space with bad quality content, it will repel new users. Subtle sliding and $#@!posts are the main weapon of choice. Burying OC, burying quality posts and ensuring only the rubbish rises to the top. This has an additional benefit, the $#@!posting will force some users to demand a higher level of moderation. This will go back to the phase of containment, where infiltrating parties will be able to contain the containment through various rules as we saw on gghq and as we are seeing on KiA. The reaction is expected as is part of the strategy.

The other, much more dangerous weapon is poisoning, inserting bad ideas, rotten OC into the target. Making their OC less special/less distinct than that which can be obtained outside in the "safe space". Forcing those inside to play by the rules of the outside, changing their language. Calling them "edgelords" for being different, to shame them from creating certain content. We saw this on KiA where moderators will ban anyone who will call Brian Flynt a man. We also saw this on GGHQ where "dangerous ideas" were censored and the users banned for posting it. The justification is always perception by the outside.

Furthermore, promotion of mixing the enemy narrative and compromising also disinterests new users. An extreme position attracts a lot more people than a dilute position. At this point in time, you can see on twitter how closely the so-called #GamerGate activists resemble the SJWs themselves, from their language, smarm, mannerism and even their beliefs. This is because they are acting as the poison, while simultaneously diluting the discussion with their own low quality content.
    Just because a space is contained by no means implies that they intend to leave it alone. Containment keeps people inside the space from going out, like a gated city under siege by a numerically and tactically superior enemy. Dilution and pollution are the artillery and siege weapons deployed to make ensure everyone in the city starves or gets poisoned. Their aim is to destroys the target containment space and ensure those inside surrender and assimilate into the outer safe space.

Some may wonder how exactly the enemy obtained control of so much space? It sounds like some sort of conspiracy, but in effect, it is the established parties using their existing position (a lot of funding, existing media and astroturfing companies) and combining it with the final winning strategy.
    [...]
    Enemy Strategy Summary:

The same three strategies have been applied to almost all political movements in the past, with a success rate of 100%.

Contain the dissent, poison the well, dilute the voices of the dissenters with your own infiltrating voices and finally play on people ego to corrupt them from within by aligning their interests with your own.
    [...]
    They don’t want this enjoyment interrupted, which is why they will pollute digging threads endlessly with knee jerk, programmed claims of “tin foil” and “conspiracy theorising”, even when no speculation is involved.
    [...]
    Over on this board is the real creme of the crop, the elite of the revolt, those who value freedom over convenience. Those who refuse to stop fighting despite the odds being against them. Our numbers have dwindled, from the tens of thousands last year, down to a brave 600 or so users on this board.
    [...]
    Counter-strategy 2. Sterilization

You might be wondering why I did not address dilution: In reality, I already have. Consider that in 2005-2009, halfchan had a posting volume far greater than it has today and several orders of magnitude greater than that we have today on this board. This was before the catalog feature was available. The psychology of seeing a $#@! post is the immediate fear that it will detract from the existence of a good post, perhaps one that you wrote. This demotivates you to write more good posts as you will sense perhaps the rest of the people are abandoning the board due to the $#@!posts. You have nevertheless persisted extremely heavy $#@!posting on this board and did not shout for censorship, the move they anticipated you would. You know that you live in luxury, with 30 pages of posts and the ability to have them laid out for you in a catalogue.

Ask any old *** here, how it was like back in our day, with the front page on /b/ moving so fast that posts immediately ended up on page 5 the moment you hit reply and reload (while leaving noko in the email field). We toughed it out, we kept a thousand tabs open while being behind 7 proxies, bitch. It’s your time to shine new****, you have new technologies, with them comes new conveniences, but don’t ever give up freedom for convenience. Every time you see a new $#@!post, learn to report the obvious ones in case it is part of spamming campaign, and then add original content or at the very least, breaking your lurking to leave a comment/reply to good material.
    Does this sound as familiar to you as it does to me?

Lots more at the link.
    Last edited by Lucille; 09-22-2016 at 11:00 AM.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Does this sound as familiar to you as it does to me?
    Yea, sounds like what the alt-righters/white nationalists have been doing on RPF for the last year.

"Contain the dissent, poison the well, dilute the voices of the dissenters with your own infiltrating voices and finally play on people ego to corrupt them from within by aligning their interests with your own."

Perfect description of how the Trump phenomenon has been used to pull this and other liberty places towards fascism.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

A main reason any of this transparent, inept, lame nonsense works is because the meaner is now such an intellectual and moral degenerate.

Were he sound in those respects, the SJWs and other useful idiots would have no traction. But he is an avaricious dastard who worships at the altar of ignorance, willing to sell his soul to the devil in exchange for not having to lift a finger to so much as wipe his own ass.

He represents the vast and overwhelming majority of the American population, and that is why we will likely not have anything even vaguely resembling freedom any time soon. We made the bed and now we lie in it.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    Perfect description of how the Trump phenomenon has been used to pull this and other liberty places towards fascism.
    Fascism? How are you reasoning this? Fascism in what respects?

"Fascism" is so often and so violently misused these days that I can no longer assume anything about the precise meaning of statements such as yours, which is why I ask the questions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Fascism? How are you reasoning this? Fascism in what respects?

"Fascism" is so often and so violently misused these days that I can no longer assume anything about the precise meaning of statements such as yours, which is why I ask the questions.
    Cf. posts by the Trumptards on this forum supporting a wall, tariffs, and assorted other big government policies.
    Amash>Trump

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

Cf. posts by the Trumptards on this forum supporting a wall, tariffs, and assorted other big government policies.
    Oh foo... that's campaign talk. Trump ain't building a $#@!ing wall and he sure as hell isn't getting MX to pay for it.

Tariffs may be justified for reasons I will not go into here, save to say it may be a valid situational response to the terrible errors represented by NAFTA/CAFTA.

Trump's thinking is clearly very conventional in many respects, but it seems that given we will have even bigger government regardless of whom we put in the White House, which flavor would you prefer?

I would also consider the strong likelihood that your so-called "Trumptards" are paid trolls, not representative of what you think they are.

Just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Yea, sounds like what the alt-righters/white nationalists have been doing on RPF for the last year.
    "Contain the dissent, poison the well, dilute the voices of the dissenters with your own infiltrating voices and finally play on people ego to corrupt them from within by aligning their interests with your own."

I actually wasn't thinking of The Deplorables. I suppose a case could be made that Trump supporters are diluting the site, but the pattern predates them-and you both-by many years. I also don't believe they're doing it intentionally, unlike SJWs, trolls, and the establishment globalists (BIRM).
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh foo... that's campaign talk. Trump ain't building a $#@!ing wall and he sure as hell isn't getting MX to pay for it.

Tariffs may be justified for reasons I will not go into here, save to say it may be a valid situational response to the terrible errors represented by NAFTA/CAFTA.

Trump's thinking is clearly very conventional in many respects, but it seems that given we will have even bigger government regardless of whom we put in the White House, which flavor would you prefer?

I would also consider the strong likelihood that your so-called "Trumptards" are paid trolls, not representative of what you think they are.

Just a thought
    This sums up my thoughts nicely.
    Amash>Trump

This thread is very racist, and highly cis white male privileged.

Thread winner.

(Not that they have to be paid to pretend to be alt-right or Trump supporters).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Thread winner.

(Not that they have to be paid to pretend to be alt-right or Trump supporters).
    You think they are pretending to be Trump supporters? I thought they were pretending to be Ron Paul supporters?
    Amash>Trump

You think they are pretending to be Trump supporters? I thought they were pretending to be Ron Paul supporters?
    Some are the anyone but "them" crowd.

Like Republicans who will stoop to new lows and support a candidate that is not a Democrat.. any "D".
    regardless of how truly obnoxious he is.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    ...regardless of how truly obnoxious he is.
    I don't care if a candidate is obnoxious if he cleaves to the principles of liberty.

I don't care if a candidate is obnoxious if he cleaves to the principles of liberty.
    and how would that be? What would make such a one "obnoxious" ? Seems is would only offend authoritarians.

and what candidate besides Ron Paul has shown that they posses any principles.. good , bad, or otherwise?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    and how would that be? What would make such a one "obnoxious" ?
    Dunno, I was responding to your characterization. Many seem to find Trump obnoxious. Personally, I find Clinton far more so.

...what candidate besides Ron Paul has shown that they posses any principles.. good , bad, or otherwise?
    Also don't know. Massie would be pretty good, were he interested, but he's not a moron and therefore probably would never want to run.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, these same techniques have been used by various authoritarian groups before and will likely be used again by future authoritarian groups. I am an anti SJW and have spoken out against them due to them being a clearly authoritarian group, but I have noticed some segments in the anti SJW camp like the Alt Right that are just as authoritarian. This new culture war has poisoned even some otherwise good people because the fear that drives it is clouding peoples judgment and causing many to jump from one extreme to the other. Some straight white males who are understandably angry at the SJW agenda demonizing them due to their "privilege" are creating counter identitarian movements of their own which only makes the situation worse.

The good news is the anti SJW movement is very diverse with it having various people from across the political spectrum while SJW's are almost exclusively on the authoritarian left. The answer to defeating them and any other authoritarian group is not just to oppose them but to also offer a viable alternative. This alternative is a strong defense of freedom of speech and association as well as de emphasizes collectivist solutions in favor of looking at people as individuals instead of abstract groups. This is what is necessary to reduce the likelihood of SJW's simply getting replaced by another authoritarian group once they have lost their influence.