Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump Proposes Nationwide Use of Stop-and-Frisk

Donald Trump Proposes Nationwide Use of Stop-and-Frisk

At Wednesday’s town hall, Trump said the program “worked incredibly well” in New York City, arguing that it is “proactive” and should be expanded across the country.
    http://time.com/4503315/donald-trump-stop-frisk/

It's just not freedom enough until a police officer can question and search you at will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Celebrate the 4th on the 2nd.

If you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Only Hillary supporters are against nationwide stop and frisk. /s

Stop and Frisk just leads to more confrontations between police and people. If the goal is to prevent shootings, this is the exact opposite approach.

And that's just the utilitarian argument - the moral argument is obvious.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Well, something's gotta be done about this crime EPIDEMIC!

...oh.

There's some of those steroids again.
    No - No - No - No

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzo View Post
    If you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Only Hillary supporters are against nationwide stop and frisk. /s
    I do not support Hillary. I am not doing anything wrong, unless guarding my 4th amendment rights is wrong.

I do not support national stop and frisk.

I do not know why you would portray HRC as a defender of liberty on this forum

After all these years of succumbing to searches to board an airlines are we ready to vote for a government that will touch your genitals whenever or wherever they want?

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I do not support Hillary. I am not doing anything wrong, unless guarding my 4th amendment rights is wrong.

After all these years of succumbing to searches to board an airlines are we ready to vote for a government that will touch your genitals whenever or wherever they want?
    I'm pretty sure that "s" at the end of his post meant sarcasm.
    "The Patriarch"

Pizzo was being sarcastic- he feels the same as you.
    There is no spoon.

All you losertarians need to get on the Trump train. Quit being so ineffective and boneheaded and Make America Great Again.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzo View Post
    LOL Stop and Frisk is part of the liberty platform now?!?! Hilarious. No one cares that you will view non Trump voters as "Hillary supporters." - Not even Ron Paul himself:

"Ron Paul says he won't vote for presumed Republican nominee Donald Trump in the presidential elections, even if it meant it would hand the election to Democratic front-runer Hillary Clinton."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ron-.../04/id/727244/

This is a small price toupee to keep Hillary from getting elected. It's so sad to see the liberty movement fall so far as to let a thing like nation wide stop and frisk get in the way of Making America Great Again. If Hillary wins it's all over folks; only the Trump train can save us.
    "The Patriarch"

Chester Copperpot

this is a big potential problem with Trump.. hopefully he will only talk highly of it and not enact any federal agency to do this

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This is a small price toupee to keep Hillary from getting elected. It's so sad to see the liberty movement fall so far as to let a thing like nation wide stop and frisk get in the way of Making America Great Again. If Hillary wins it's all over folks; only the Trump train can save us.
    I despise hillary as much as anybody but lets not get over dramatic here lol

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rpfocus View Post
    LOL Stop and Frisk is part of the liberty platform now?!?! Hilarious. No one cares that you will view non Trump voters as "Hillary supporters." - Not even Ron Paul himself:

"Ron Paul says he won't vote for presumed Republican nominee Donald Trump in the presidential elections, even if it meant it would hand the election to Democratic front-runer Hillary Clinton."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/ron-.../04/id/727244/
    Guys/gals, I was being 100% sarcastic. I am 100% against Hillary and stop and frisk and am not a Trump supporter. /S = sarcasm. Cheers.

At this point, at least technically, we are electing president of US not king. I don't think, theoretically anyway, that the POTUS can just do whatever he/she wants. Stop and frisk was deemed unconstitutional in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    At this point, at least technically, we are electing president of US not king. I don't think, theoretically anyway, that the POTUS can just do whatever he/she wants. Stop and frisk was deemed unconstitutional in New York.
    Gun control is unconstitutional too so I guess that means there aren't any problems with Hillary Clinton's gun control positions.

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1507729...ection-is-over

Trump’s “stop and frisk” comment will haunt him for a few weeks, but it comes in the context of outrage about an African-American policeman killing an African-American citizen. According to the pundits on TV, that changed the frame from a problem of white-versus-black to a question of police training. And even Trump is asking why the police shot a man in Tulsa who appeared to be surrendering.

Trump is consistent in staking out whatever is the most bad-ass sounding position on all matters of security. Later, following his well-observed pattern, he negotiates down to something that doesn’t violate the Constitution so much. So I wouldn’t worry about “stop and frisk” becoming a thing. States will figure out that stuff on their own.
    h/t angela http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6317790
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

CPU finally has a legitimate talking point. Congratulations.

Reported crime rates aren't a good indicator to compare crime across decades. Law enforcement agencies are more likely to under report crime than in the past, they are under more pressure to keep the numbers low.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    CPU finally has a legitimate talking point. Congratulations.

Reported crime rates aren't a good indicator to compare crime across decades. Law enforcement agencies are more likely to under report crime than in the past, they are under more pressure to keep the numbers low.
    Do you have any citations to back that statement up or is this just something that you think is happening?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Do you have any citations to back that statement up or is this just something that you think is happening?
    Well, the TV says there's a crime wave, so there must be, right?

This (and spying) are the two issues where harsh critics of Trump are absolutely justified.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Well, the TV says there's a crime wave, so there must be, right?
    I feel like I'm in danger and that's all that matters.

Nevermind that there is an enormous media industry devoted to making me feel afraid. That can't possibly be the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Gun control is unconstitutional too so I guess that means there aren't any problems with Hillary Clinton's gun control positions.
    Gun control, Trump hates gun control.
    Trump shared his denotation of the term, first explaining that “there are different levels” to stop-and-frisk. “Basically, they will, if they see poss… — you know, they’re proactive, and if they see a person possibly with a gun or they think may have a gun, they will see the person, and they’ll look and they’ll take the gun away,” Trump said. “They’ll stop, they’ll frisk, and they’ll take the gun away, and they won’t have anything to shoot with. I mean, how it’s not being used in Chicago is, to be honest with you, it’s quite unbelievable. And, you know, the police, the local police, they know who has a gun, who shouldn’t be having a gun. They understand that.

Seems as though there are several broken sarcasm detectors on RPF today...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Seems as though there are several broken sarcasm detectors on RPF today...
    Yeah I'll take the hit for that. I missed this one. I completely didn't register the /s in the post. Getting my detector re-calibrated...

Trump is wrong about this and merits being criticized for this position.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    This (and spying) are the two issues where harsh critics of Trump are absolutely justified.
    No, we're also justified in criticizing his support for:
    --socialized medicine
    --bank bailouts
    --the Fed's money printing
    --Keynesian stimulus

...to name a few.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast