Thread: Ex-Exec Sues ‘Erratic,’ ‘Reckless,’ ‘Paranoid’ Glenn Beck

Ex-Exec Sues ‘Erratic,’ ‘Reckless,’ ‘Paranoid’ Glenn Beck

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...lenn-beck.html

The abrupt end of a beautiful friendship—nearly two decades of mutual admiration between struggling media entrepreneur Glenn Beck and his fired top executive, Christopher Balfe—has become a legal battle of ugly accusations that only promise to get uglier.

“Beck has driven [Mercury Radio Arts, Beck’s wholly owned private umbrella company] into the ground due to his own erratic behavior, excessive spending, and mismanagement,” Balfe alleges in a countersuit filed Monday afternoon in Dallas County, Texas, District Court—a response to Beck’s July 29 lawsuit accusing his former protégé of fraud, breach of contract, dereliction of duty and various other misdeeds.

Balfe—whom Beck quietly fired in December 2014 while publicly lavishing praise—is demanding more than $3 million in deferred compensation and unpaid bonuses and legal fees, as well as unspecified “exemplary,” or punitive, damages.

Beck’s lawsuit—in which the official plaintiff is Mercury, parent company of Beck’s The Blaze—demands that Balfe, who was Mercury’s chief operating officer and The Blaze’s chief executive, return a portion of the $13 million he was paid from 2009 until his forced departure.

Balfe is pursuing a separate legal action claiming that Mercury and Beck are liable for his lawyer’s fees and must indemnify him from any monetary damages because of the laws of Delaware, where The Blaze is incorporated, and because The Blaze’s corporate bylaws protect officers of the company from lawsuits.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glenn Beck is melting down. It seems he believed his own BS and then became paranoid by it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Glenn Beck is melting down. It seems he believed his own BS and then became paranoid by it.
    Glenn Beck has been melting down since I first heard of him.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Glenn Beck has been melting down since I first heard of him.
    About 20 years ago he used to have a radio show, and he was pretty entertaining. Then when he went to CNN he started to become full of himself. That's when I thought he was an ASS. Now I know he is an ASS.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

About 20 years ago he used to have a radio show, and he was pretty entertaining. Then when he went to CNN he started to become full of himself. That's when I thought he was an ASS. Now I know he is an ASS.
    I remember his radio show. He was always a tweak in my opinion.
    "The Patriarch"

Fox should make a prime time spot for him.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Fox should make a prime time spot for him.
    If I recall , he and O reilly used to do road shows together .

Seems like most in that business get worse as they go on .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Seems like most in that business get worse as they go on .
    Yep, they sucked you in and then turned to $#@! as soon as they got ratings.
    "The Patriarch"

Glenn Beck ‘Profoundly Sad’ After Cruz Endorses Trump: ‘Maybe It Is Time to Go to the Mountains for a While’

The Blaze founder Glenn Beck has weighed in on Texas Senator Ted Cruz’s endorsement of Republican nominee Donald Trump, writing that “[d]isappointment does not begin to describe” his feelings about Cruz’s endorsement of his former primary rival.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...itbart+News%29