Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte Police Shooting and Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    No- they never said he "pointed" a gun at them.
    I agree. I read the kop's version of events, and he never said anything about pointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I did not hear the police chief or any other lice say the gun was in Scott's hand. Did anyone else? They seem to only imply that he was in possession of a gun. Maybe the gun was in Scott's waistband. Maybe it was in an open holster. That would be open carry. Cops usually disarm legal open carriers rather than let the open carrier take out his own gun. Of course, today you just get shot.

The gun could easily fly out of Scott's waistband when Scott falls. It could even fly out of a holster if not secure.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 09-25-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never see the protests, never see the copsuckers, on stories like this.

Why is that, do you suppose?

Cop Charged With Murdering 6 Year Old Child Claims It Was in Self Defense

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop...-self-defense/

Claire Bernish September 25, 2016

In what could be considered the most telling insight into police culture yet, the officer charged with second-degree murder for killing a 6-year-old child with autism has requested charges be thrown out — because he shot the boy multiple times in the head in self-defense.

Lt. Derrick Stafford, a deputy city marshal in Marksville, Louisiana, has now asked a judge to dismiss charges because — despite he and fellow officer Norris Greenhouse, Jr.’s claims at the time they did not know Jeremy Mardis was present in the vehicle they fired upon — he acted in defense of his and other officers’ lives.

Let that sink in.

This officer’s hubris in asking a judge, as well as the American public, to believe a 6-year-old child in a truck — who had obviously done nothing wrong — posed an imminent deadly threat to his life and thusly deserved to be murdered.

Although body camera footage has yet to be released due to ongoing legal proceedings, State Police Col. Mike Edmonson was asked about what video showed during a press conference announcing the arrests of two officers for the second-degree murder of the child and second-degree attempted murder of his father.

“It’s the most disturbing thing I’ve seen and I will leave it at that,” Edmonson told the media.

“That little boy was buckled in the front seat of that vehicle. That is how he died.”

Attorneys for Stafford, according to the New York Daily News, claim the child’s father had refused to stop his vehicle, had rammed Greenhouse’s car, and would not cooperate with commands to raise his hands — thus, Stafford fired at the unarmed man and his 6-year-old son “out of fear for his life and that of his fellow officers.”

On the night of November 3, 2015, Stafford, Greenhouse, Lt. Jason Brouillette, and Sgt. Kenneth Parnell pursued 25-year-old Christopher Few, whose son, Jeremy, rode as a passenger.

Few eventually stopped and raised his arms to show he did not have a weapon — which was later proven to be true. Nonetheless, as traffic continued unimpeded in the intersection where Few stopped his truck, Stafford and Greenhouse fired no less than 18 rounds into the vehicle — both occupants were hit, and though Few survived, several bullets hit his son in the head, killing him.

Initial reports claimed police had a warrant for Few’s arrest, but that later proved untrue. Indeed, Greenhouse had been actively stalking Few’s fiancée — and it became apparent the young father constituted an obstacle to his object of obsession.

No use-of-force policy exists for the Marksville Police Department, the Advocate wrote after the incident flared public outrage — not even for shooting at vehicles, which tends to have stricter guidelines at departments across the country.

Louisiana State Police viewed officer body camera footage not long after the fatal shooting — tellingly, Stafford and Greenhouse were arrested a short time later.

“This was not a threatening situation for police,” explained Mark Jeansonne, attorney for Few, after watching the body cam footage.

Rather than owning up to his responsibility in the brutally excessive shooting, Stafford is grasping at straws and using the oldest police trick in the book to dodge what he’s done — the tired, I Feared For My Life defense.

A child and an unarmed man, who reportedly cooperated with police commands to raise his arms, could not possibly have threatened these officers’ lives.

When a man with a gun and badge claims an autism-suffering child and his unarmed father posed an imminent threat to himself and other officers, perhaps it’s time to reevaluate how police training facilities are instilling terror into the hearts of people who will be released onto the public with deadly weapons at their disposal.

Or perhaps it’s time to admit that fear is just an excuse to brutalize and kill with impunity.

So hard in these situation.

From the videos it doesn't appear that he had a gun drawn. So Cops appear in the wrong, but the videos all suck, and no clear video of the actual shooting has been released

But, he was a lifetime criminal now presumably on disability, so don't really care either.

There is no way I'm going to protest either way. FAR FAR FAR FAR better people have injustice served upon them, and no one cares.

I'm kinda a bit $#@! the police, and totally on the side of kill repeat violent criminals.

So confused... It's kind of like Hitler getting assassinated by the CIA or something, technically illegal, but good for the world anyway.
    Last edited by RonPaulIsGreat; 09-25-2016 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Never see the protests, never see the copsuckers, on stories like this.

Why is that, do you suppose?

In what could be considered the most telling insight into police culture yet, the officer charged with second-degree murder for killing a 6-year-old child with autism has requested charges be thrown out — because he shot the boy multiple times in the head in self-defense.

Lt. Derrick Stafford, a deputy city marshal in Marksville, Louisiana, has now asked a judge to dismiss charges because — despite he and fellow officer Norris Greenhouse, Jr.’s claims at the time they did not know Jeremy Mardis was present in the vehicle they fired upon — he acted in defense of his and other officers’ lives.

Let that sink in.

This officer’s hubris in asking a judge, as well as the American public, to believe a 6-year-old child in a truck — who had obviously done nothing wrong — posed an imminent deadly threat to his life and thusly deserved to be murdered.

Although body camera footage has yet to be released due to ongoing legal proceedings, State Police Col. Mike Edmonson was asked about what video showed during a press conference announcing the arrests of two officers for the second-degree murder of the child and second-degree attempted murder of his father.

“It’s the most disturbing thing I’ve seen and I will leave it at that,” Edmonson told the media.

“That little boy was buckled in the front seat of that vehicle. That is how he died.”

Attorneys for Stafford, according to the New York Daily News, claim the child’s father had refused to stop his vehicle, had rammed Greenhouse’s car, and would not cooperate with commands to raise his hands — thus, Stafford fired at the unarmed man and his 6-year-old son “out of fear for his life and that of his fellow officers.”

On the night of November 3, 2015, Stafford, Greenhouse, Lt. Jason Brouillette, and Sgt. Kenneth Parnell pursued 25-year-old Christopher Few, whose son, Jeremy, rode as a passenger.

Few eventually stopped and raised his arms to show he did not have a weapon — which was later proven to be true. Nonetheless, as traffic continued unimpeded in the intersection where Few stopped his truck, Stafford and Greenhouse fired no less than 18 rounds into the vehicle — both occupants were hit, and though Few survived, several bullets hit his son in the head, killing him.

Initial reports claimed police had a warrant for Few’s arrest, but that later proved untrue. Indeed, Greenhouse had been actively stalking Few’s fiancée — and it became apparent the young father constituted an obstacle to his object of obsession.

No use-of-force policy exists for the Marksville Police Department, the Advocate wrote after the incident flared public outrage — not even for shooting at vehicles, which tends to have stricter guidelines at departments across the country.

Louisiana State Police viewed officer body camera footage not long after the fatal shooting — tellingly, Stafford and Greenhouse were arrested a short time later.

“This was not a threatening situation for police,” explained Mark Jeansonne, attorney for Few, after watching the body cam footage.

Rather than owning up to his responsibility in the brutally excessive shooting, Stafford is grasping at straws and using the oldest police trick in the book to dodge what he’s done — the tired, I Feared For My Life defense.

A child and an unarmed man, who reportedly cooperated with police commands to raise his arms, could not possibly have threatened these officers’ lives.

When a man with a gun and badge claims an autism-suffering child and his unarmed father posed an imminent threat to himself and other officers, perhaps it’s time to reevaluate how police training facilities are instilling terror into the hearts of people who will be released onto the public with deadly weapons at their disposal.

Or perhaps it’s time to admit that fear is just an excuse to brutalize and kill with impunity.
    Yeah, I revisited it here....http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...25#post6318625.

Don't ask me man. Being from close to Charlotte, NC and knowing others I've been excoriated on FedBook as a "white", with "privileges," so I can't give an opinion. Some how my views are "racist" at worst or "uninformed" at best. SMDH. You try to expose the bigger picture and those that find solace in the smaller can't open their minds. It is what it is. I'm about at the point of not caring and not trying to lend a different perspective to what is obvious to me a Stockholm syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yeah, I revisited it here....http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...25#post6318625.

Don't ask me man. Being from close to Charlotte, NC and knowing others I've been excoriated on FedBook as a "white", with "privileges," so I can't give an opinion. Some how my views are "racist" at worst or "uninformed" at best. SMDH. You try to expose the bigger picture and those that find solace in the smaller can't open their minds. It is what it is. I'm about at the point of not caring and not trying to lend a different perspective to what is obvious to me a Stockholm syndrome.
    Missed that you already updated it.

Good job!

I wish I could stop caring...I really do...but every time I try, I realize the miserable pricks will drag me along for the ride.

And that alone spurs me on at least one more day, as long as I'm upright and taking nourishment.

Missed that you already updated it.

Good job!

I wish I could stop caring...I really do...but every time I try, I realize the miserable pricks will drag me along for the ride.

And that alone spurs me on at least one more day, as long as I'm upright and taking nourishment.
    Right there with you. I don't know why. It's like arguing on these forums about Trump. "If you're not for Trump you are for Hillary!", "You're not black so you can't understand!." As different as either of those statements are there is so much similarity that makes me want to say....."Ahhh, $#@! it."

Right there with you. I don't know why. It's like arguing on these forums about Trump. "If you're not for Trump you are for Hillary!", "You're not black so you can't understand!." As different as either of those statements are there is so much similarity that makes me want to say....."Ahhh, $#@! it."
    It's enough to make your head explode, honestly.

It's enough to make your head explode, honestly.
    Both of us need a good Kentucky whiskey, straight. I am honestly at the point of "head explode." Even folks that I could previously agree with want to excoriate me for saying almost the same thing, but with a liberty over all bent. It's just gotten insane. And more and more I'm just about retreating to my and mine. I'm just so tired I'm pulling back. There is too much bad energy in it. I'm tired of being pissed off. $#@! 'em. I'm six years without filing Federal or state. I'm not a tax evader. I readily admit that I am an conscientious objector. And if that is against the law....I don't care.

Both of us need a good Kentucky whiskey, straight. I am honestly at the point of "head explode." Even folks that I could previously agree with want to excoriate me for saying almost the same thing, but with a liberty over all bent. It's just gotten insane. And more and more I'm just about retreating to my and mine. I'm just so tired I'm pulling back. There is too much bad energy in it. I'm tired of being pissed off. $#@! 'em. I'm six years without filing Federal or state. I'm not a tax evader. I readily admit that I am an conscientious objector. And if that is against the law....I don't care.
    Have one on me, my brother:

I salute your effort, you're a better man than I.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Unless your work has a federal connection, you are not evading.
    Buy the book, or read an older edition here:

https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/misc/ctcforfree.pdf
    Last edited by Danke; 09-25-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Unless your work has a federal connection, you are not evading.
    Buy the book, or read an older edition here:

https://www.1215.org/lawnotes/misc/ctcforfree.pdf
    Yeah, yeah. And I should drive around without a license plate or drivers license.

Yeah, yeah. And I should drive around without a license plate or drivers license.
    I wouldn't.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Have one on me, my brother:

I salute your effort, you're a better man than I.
    I didn't even think to look but...there in the back was three fingers of Maker's. So, it was on you. Thank you.

And I'm not a better man than you. My circumstances are just different and that makes it easier for me to make my stand. I know this and you should too.

I wouldn't.
    Yeah, that's kinda askin' for trouble. As far as the tax thing, I don't worry. There is really nothing they can do to me. OK, they can take away Social Security. They can have it. They can TRY to put me in jail to make an example. Lol. That'll be a hoot.I dunno. For myself there is no downside to paying into a corrupt mafia.

That is crazy if there was no protest.

Did not hear of this in news headlines, media owners and their masters probably don't see much political play for their favored politicians/SWCbags in such news stories.

Yeah, that's kinda askin' for trouble. As far as the tax thing, I don't worry. There is really nothing they can do to me. OK, they can take away Social Security. They can have it. They can TRY to put me in jail to make an example. Lol. That'll be a hoot.I dunno. For myself there is no downside to paying into a corrupt mafia.
    If you want, I can discuss driver license (witch is for commercial activities) too, but that is not a battle I wish to fight. The expense is currently low vs. the hassle. Taxation not so much. The Minnesota constitution says I can owe my property in allodial.

Another fight.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

If you want, I can discuss driver license (witch is for commercial activities) too, but that is not a battle I wish to fight. The expense is currently low vs. the hassle. Taxation not so much. The Minnesota constitution says I can owe my property in allodial.

Another fight.
    allodial title?
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Another fight.
    I'm with you on this. I've read your informative footnotes in your sig. And I thank you. There is nothing there that does not cause me to disagree. But, I'm not the government. Theye disagree just because...power.

I don't want a fight, or another fight, I just want to be left alone.

But, it seems this is not an option going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    allodial title?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Allodial-title
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    I've certainly pointed out the right of all citizens to bear arms, so the mere presence of a gun does not justify shooting.

On the other hand, when a group of hired guns have the drop on you, probably best to excercise great caution.

What extra caution can one take? Drop the gun! OK I'm not touching it. DROP THE GUN! OK but I have to reach for it to drop it. DROP THE $#@!ING GUN! <reaches> BANGBANGBANGBANG

He reached for the gun.

WTF?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

They saw Scott roll what they believed to be “a marijuana ‘blunt.’ ” They returned to watching for their suspect, then Vinson saw Scott hold up a gun.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...#storylink=cpy

I swear I read somewhere that he pointed instead of held up. I do admit holding up is not the same as pointing. I can see how someone can interpret the encounter your way with he given facts.

Honestly it is a bad situation and the way he acted exacerbated it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    No cop goes to work saying goes today I want to shoot a black man or any person for that matter
    Bull----.

They certainly are not out to protect my rights.
    And I have known some racist bastards that think exactly that.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Bull----.

They certainly are not out to protect my rights.
    And I have known some racist bastards that think exactly that.
    guess we will just disagree
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

The presence of a gun in and of itself is no justification for the Police to shoot someone. There is a Second Amendment, and every citizen has the right to bear arms. Now there are certainly other factors that might make shooting at a suspect acceptable and mandatory.

The NY/NJ bomber, Ahmad Rahami, is a prime example. A suspected killer, who pulled out a gun and started firing. No doubts there whatsoever.

On the other hand, when several officers shout contradictory commands and shoot a person all in a matter of 5 seconds, that is a major problem, even if that person is wearing a side arm or even holding it in their hand when the Police come upon them. Tamir Rice, Andy Lopez and Erik Scott are examples of unjustified killings.

Now what will the media focus on? The rights of citizens to bear arms? No (unless they want to push the gun-banning agenda). The use of military tactics and training for street cops? No. Patrolling America as if it's Kabul or Baghdad? No.

But they will focus on racism, because it fits their Alinsky agitprop agenda, even if it's a white cop shooting a white person, a black cop shooting a black person, or a Hispanic cop shooting an Asian.
    Hillary at the debate last night. Gun control is her solution:

But we also have to recognize, in addition to the challenges that we face with policing, there are so many good, brave police officers who equally want reform. So we have to bring communities together in order to begin working on that as a mutual goal. And we've got to get guns out of the hands of people who should not have them.

The gun epidemic is the leading cause of death of young African- American men, more than the next nine causes put together. So we have to do two things, as I said. We have to restore trust. We have to work with the police. We have to make sure they respect the communities and the communities respect them. And we have to tackle the plague of gun violence, which is a big contributor to a lot of the problems that we're seeing today.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Hillary at the debate last night. Gun control is her solution:
    So? Trump wants "stop and frisk" and a "no-fly list" banning for gun sales. Neither of which require due process.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about this shooting?

So? Trump wants "stop and frisk" and a "no-fly list" banning for gun sales. Neither of which require due process.
    Yep, Trump has his own rights-violating solutions. And both will use these riots as justification for their authoritarianism.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    What about this shooting?
    Has the DOJ named the FBI shooter? Has he been charged with shooting or even reprimanded for covering up his actions during the Sheriffs investigation. Why isn't the Sheriff charging him with covering up his actions during an investigations. So many questions, but....we don't have time for this.

Yep, Trump has his own rights-violating solutions. And both will use these riots as justification for their authoritarianism.
    Magic 8-Ball says "Buy Now."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast