Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Rogan & Chris Kresser Say Vegan Diets Are Bad (Response)

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    If you believe your diet is so good, switch to decaf coffee and report back after a month.
    Well, I don't know why I would want to use something processed even more like decaf, but I don't mind experiments. So this past weekend I didn't stock up on coffee (all we have in the house is DW's starbucks which I don't drink) and have gone the whole week without a single cup of coffee or tea or anything, just water in place of it. Other than some minor crankiness in the morning, I haven't had any other side effects. Same training regiment (actually I kicked up my swim speed a minor notch). Thanks for the suggestion, but doesn't seem to be required for me. I'll go back to enjoying my coffee next Monday.

I did. felt like crap.
    The impression you give is that you still feel like crap and want others to feel the same.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Well, I don't know why I would want to use something processed even more like decaf, but I don't mind experiments. So this past weekend I didn't stock up on coffee (all we have in the house is DW's starbucks which I don't drink) and have gone the whole week without a single cup of coffee or tea or anything, just water in place of it. Other than some minor crankiness in the morning, I haven't had any other side effects. Same training regiment (actually I kicked up my swim speed a minor notch). Thanks for the suggestion, but doesn't seem to be required for me. I'll go back to enjoying my coffee next Monday.
    A week is not that long enough for diet. You should go at least a month.

The point was he didn't need caffeine to sustain his high energy levels. Caffeine only works for a few hours.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

pffft, I see no reason to give up a superfood for no good reason. I tried your experiment, I feel fine. Please cite 1 decent study that shows it takes a month to get over any effects coffee or caffeine have on the body and I'll consider it. Everything I read said it had a short half life and a couple days was all you needed.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    pffft, I see no reason to give up a superfood for no good reason. I tried your experiment, I feel fine. Please cite 1 decent study that shows it takes a month to get over any effects coffee or caffeine have on the body and I'll consider it. Everything I read said it had a short half life and a couple days was all you needed.
    Coffee, in moderation, is actually good for you.

Caffeine is also a fantastic remedy for migraines.

https://authoritynutrition.com/how-c...u-live-longer/

https://www.davidwolfe.com/2-cups-co...alth-benefits/

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-benefits.aspx
    There is no spoon.

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    The point was he didn't need caffeine to sustain his high energy levels. Caffeine only works for a few hours.
    maybe there was chicken juice in the coffee beans... hahahaha

Chester Copperpot

if you were hopped up on caffeine you would have crashed and burned in a couple days at the most. Sounds like youre correct and Farreri has been disproven again, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    if you were hopped up on caffeine you would have crashed and burned in a couple days at the most. Sounds like youre correct and Farreri has been disproven again, as usual.
    Yep he's yet to make a single post that isn't disproven/troll comment.
    I am the spoon.

I agree, and if anything I consume less caffeine now than I did before I went primal. Honestly, I thought it would be more difficult than it was (kicking the diet coke habit a decade ago was more difficult). The morning irritability was rather minor considering I share my office with a 5yr old in the mornings.

As to burning out, it was a good week to test it because I'm in the process of updating my daily swim routine from 2miles to 3miles a day, so I kicked the speed up a notch and time a bit adding an additional quarter mile or so over the course of the week. No problemo.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 09-30-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Chester Copperpot

I agree, and if anything I consume less caffeine now than I did before I went primal. Honestly, I thought it would be more difficult than it was (kicking the diet coke habit a decade ago was more difficult). The morning irritability was rather minor considering I share my office with a 5yr old in the mornings.

As to burning out, it was a good week to test it because I'm in the process of updating my daily swim routine from 2miles to 3miles a day, so I kicked the speed up a notch and time a bit adding an additional quarter mile or so over the course of the week. No problemo.
    Well it sounds like an animal protein diet is superior after all... Good thing farreri isnt a vegan else he wouldnt be getting all the benefits of eating animal products.

Well it sounds like an animal protein diet is superior after all... Good thing farreri isnt a vegan else he wouldnt be getting all the benefits of eating animal products.
    I owe you rep. Also clear a fat energy based diet is superior to a carb energy based diet.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    I owe you rep. Also clear a fat energy based diet is superior to a carb energy based diet.
    Absolutely- and the irony is you can't lose fat w/o fat.

And took care of the rep for you.
    There is no spoon.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well it sounds like an animal protein diet is superior after all...
    Not in the long term.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    A low-carb diet increases overall mortality. (That includes death from cancer.)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23372809

Also, low-carb diets lead to impaired blood flow through the coronary artery.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22850317
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11108325

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Not in the long term.

Carbs kill in my family. Paleo is best for us and for longevity.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Carbs kill in my family.
    Carbs can be vegetables or they can be cookies and soda pop. If you're talking about the latter, then I would agree.

Paleo is best for us and for longevity.
    I used to love meat and I used to always say "I could never be a vegetarian or vegan" ... but now I honestly don't see any benefit to eating meat*, but a lot of reasons not to.

*apart from maybe the temporary pleasure to the tastebuds.

― Henry David Thoreau

Me and the boy just put a hurting on the Brazilian steakhouse. Skip the suckers line at the salad bar and straight to the meat.

Not in the long term.

Disagree.
    I am the spoon.

A low-carb diet increases overall mortality. (That includes death from cancer.)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23372809

Also, low-carb diets lead to impaired blood flow through the coronary artery.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22850317
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11108325

Disagree again.
    I am the spoon.

Last edited by John F Kennedy III; 09-30-2016 at 07:11 PM.
    I am the spoon.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Carbs can be vegetables or they can be cookies and soda pop. If you're talking about the latter, then I would agree.
    This is true.

As far as eating meat itself, I've only been off of meat for about a week. I still have some fish. Well...I had it once over the last week. Will see how it goes, I suppose. Luckily, I really like vegetables.

I do want to try some sushi, though.

I used to love meat and I used to always say "I could never be a vegetarian or vegan" ... but now I honestly don't see any benefit to eating meat*, but a lot of reasons not to.

*apart from maybe the temporary pleasure to the tastebuds.
    Talking primarily grains- especially wheat flour.
    There is no spoon.

Chester Copperpot

Not in the long term.

i think its the factory farming thats the danger.. not the animals themselves.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123