Thread: Hillary Clinton - Fashion Icon

Hillary Clinton - Fashion Icon

Not The Onion.

The Washington Post proclaims: Hillary Clinton, style icon? The unexpected inspiration for women’s spring fashion
    http://dailytimewaster.blogspot.com/...s-hillary.html

The Post says: "The Democratic presidential nominee is, by no means, the typical fashion icon, not in the manner of an actress, a musician or even First Lady Michelle Obama. But it is hard to deny her influence, whether direct or indirect — on so many designers."
    You mean this Hillary?
    [...]
    The Post continues it's heavy breathing:

"But in a non-partisan way, Clinton’s proximity to the presidency has invited designers to reconsider the relationship that women have to power and how it manifests in attire and style. Designers have responded in ways that have been inventive, charming and reassuring. They have refused to be caught up in all the old clichés of polished jackets and below-the-knee skirts. And they are thinking more broadly than just another sleeveless sheath. Even Victoria Beckham, who founded her brand on a fitted sleeveless dress, has expanded her collection to reflect a woman more at ease with her position and authority."
    http://nypost.com/2016/06/05/hillary...at-least-200k/

But now, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, whose dowdy and matronly style has haunted her throughout her entire political career, is making her first real effort to play the fashion card. She’s upgraded the designers she wears, opting for high-end European labels, and hired a team of image experts that includes former Michelle Obama aide Kristina Schake, who’s been tasked with shaping her style and making her more relatable. She’s even rumored to have “Veep” makeup artist Barbara Lacy on the payroll.

But this new look comes with a hefty price tag. “She’s had to have spent in the six figures on this wardrobe overhaul,” says LA-based political image consultant Patsy Cisneros. Clinton, who loves to say that she left the White House in 2001 “dead broke,” is now dressing the part of someone who can command $325,000 for a single speech. Factoring in the designer labels she’s wearing, plus the number of new outfits she’s been photographed in over the past year, she’s likely spent at least $200,000 on new clothes to wear on the campaign trail.

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    More like Chairman Mao.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I never thought catheters would be fashionable.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Not The Onion.

The Post says: "The Democratic presidential nominee is, by no means, the typical fashion icon, not in the manner of an actress, a musician or even First Lady Michelle Obama. But it is hard to deny her influence, whether direct or indirect — on so many designers."
    The Washington Post proclaims: Hillary Clinton, style icon? The unexpected inspiration for women’s spring fashion
    http://dailytimewaster.blogspot.com/...s-hillary.html

Did not know that WaPo neocons saw MO as a fashion icon. There was some report that one time some old lady at Target asked her to help with merchandise on high shelfs because of the way she was dressed.

http://www.michellesmirror.com/2016/...plorables.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    Not The Onion.

The Post says: "The Democratic presidential nominee is, by no means, the typical fashion icon, not in the manner of an actress, a musician or even First Lady Michelle Obama. But it is hard to deny her influence, whether direct or indirect — on so many designers." You mean this Hillary?
    [...]
    The Post continues it's heavy breathing:
    “Mrs. Obama’s steps into the campaign spotlight underscore her transformation from a once-reluctant political spouse into a confident public figure…

Wasn't sure if these were photoshops as site seems to have pretty biased angle but apparently these pre-fashion photos are real.
    Quite a change in style.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Wasn't sure if these were photoshops as site seems to have pretty biased angle but apparently these pre-fashion photos are real.
    Quite a change in style.
    I'd say temporary ban in this case is justified.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Hillary Clinton - Fashion Icon
    *spits out coffee*

"The Democratic presidential nominee is, by no means, the typical fashion icon, not in the manner of an actress, a musician or even First Lady Michelle Obama. But it is hard to deny her influence, whether direct or indirect — on so many designers."
    Oh, geez...Please don't tell me we're going to start seeing pantsuits and cankles on the runway. O_o

She’s upgraded the designers she wears, opting for high-end European labels, and hired a team of image experts that includes former Michelle Obama aide Kristina Schake, who’s been tasked with shaping her style and making her more relatable.
    'Cuz nothing says relatable like high end European fashion.

she’s likely spent at least $200,000 on new clothes to wear on the campaign trail.
    She's spent more than that unless designers are gifting her clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    *spits out coffee*

Oh, geez...Please don't tell me we're going to start seeing pantsuits and cankles on the runway. O_o

'Cuz nothing says relatable like high end European fashion.

She's spent more than that unless designers are gifting her clothes.
    People probably are gifting her clothing, plus she wears a lot of the same slacks over and over again.

I'm not sure how I feel about this as a whole... hoping that Trump does not win, either, since it will start a rerun of orange tans and comb-overs for men, and unattainable runway looks in impractical colors with straight hair and smokey, glittery eye makeup for women.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Does Trump wear those Made in Bangladesh suits he likes to hawk?