Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa, OK : Unarmed Man's Vehicle Breaks Down, Police on Nearby Call Shoot Him Dead

Tulsa, OK : Unarmed Man's Vehicle Breaks Down, Police on Nearby Call Shoot Him Dead

"Failed to comply with officer commands" ...

the holster sniffers are already playing up the "accidental discharge/mistook the pistol for her taser" angle ...

Just another tragic accident -- that could have been avoided if he had simply been more compliant/respectful ...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local...6d304be9e.html

Graphic video: Tulsa Police footage from fatal shooting of unarmed Terence Crutcher

Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 1:15 pm

Update: Tulsa Police have released footage of the fatal shooting of Terence Crutcher following a Monday afternoon news conference. Watch here.

Tulsa Police at a news conference Monday about the fatal shooting of Terence Crutcher said he did not have a weapon on his person or in his vehicle.

The fatal shooting occurred after officers responding to an unrelated call spotted 40-year-old Crutcher's vehicle stalled near 36th Street North and Lewis Avenue on Friday evening. Police have released few details of what happened, but a spokeswoman said Crutcher refused to follow officers' commands in the moments before the shot was fired.

One officer, identified as Tyler Turnbough, deployed his Taser, and the second, Betty Shelby, discharged her weapon at Crutcher, who was pronounced dead at a hospital. Shelby was placed on paid administrative leave following the shooting.

Police video and audio of the shooting was released to the media following the news conference, a day after police showed it to the Crutcher family and a group of north Tulsa pastors and community leaders.

Chief Chuck Jordan said he found the video "very disturbing — very difficult to watch."

He also explained some of the basic facts, including that no gun was found on Crutcher or in his vehicle. He did not elaborate because of what he called a pending criminal investigation.

"It will come out," Jordan said of the details surrounding the fatal shooting. "I will make this promise to you: We will achieve justice in this case."

Last edited by SeanTX; 09-19-2016 at 02:13 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Heroes.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

wow. It didn't look like a struggle or anything. and what is that weird backing up at the end?

Just another day in police state AmeriKa.

Move the $#@! along comrades.

Just another day in police state AmeriKa.

Move the $#@! along comrades.

Latest news : PCP found inside the vehicle.

therefore, they just HAD to shoot him ...

good shoot ...

move along ...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local...cfb22b246.html
    Last edited by SeanTX; 09-20-2016 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    Latest news : PCP found inside the vehicle.

therefore, they just HAD to shoot him ...

good shoot ...

move along ...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local...cfb22b246.html

Like I said earlier, Heroes.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would like to see the earlier footage. He was over by the police car and then was walking back to his own car. What happened? Why would they think someone with a broken down car was in need of tasing, much less shooting?

Tasers need to be taken away from them. They use them way too carelessly.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

One officer, identified as Tyler Turnbough, deployed his Taser, and the second, Betty Shelby, discharged her weapon at Crutcher,
    Why did he opt for the taser? The suspect wasn't even handcuffed.

Some retraining might be in order.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

They will call it "tunnel vision". The first officer on the scene had her gun out. The next guy assumed he needed to pull his taser. Nervous Nelly Itchy Finger was further agitated by second officer pulling taser and fired her weapon.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I would like to see the earlier footage. He was over by the police car and then was walking back to his own car. What happened? Why would they think someone with a broken down car was in need of tasing, much less shooting?

Tasers need to be taken away from them. They use them way too carelessly.
    I figured after a while there was "more to the story" than it seemed at first (there often times is). I think one witness claimed he said something about how he had to leave his vehicle because "it's gonna blow up."

So maybe it was some PCP-induced impairment that made him unable to "follow commands."

Of course just simply having that in his vehicle justifies killing him (or a DUI from 1997 ... or ... whatever) ...

There is more to the story. The man was no victim.

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    Yes there is,
    Cop is arrested and charged (manslaughter)

In a year or so the "trial" will be concluded with little more than a slap on the wrist or Prosecutors will blow it in entirety and she will walk.

time will tell.
    At least they were not stupid enough to try coverup.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

You're basing this on what?

Goons gonna goon...........................
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    You're basing this on what?
    The gent had a criminal record and the available video is suspicious. Just do what the cop says folks if you feel that they are hair trigger.

The gent had a criminal record and the available video is suspicious. Just do what the cop says folks if you feel that they are hair trigger.
    Because "OBEY TEH GOOBERMINT" is EXACTLY what this 'liberty' stuff is all about amirite?

Yeah right, do what the cop says.

Sure helped this poor bastard:

Cops on a hair trigger are liable to shoot you whether you comply or not.

You and other cop apologists can shout "comply, comply" all you want, not even bringing up Gunny's remarks which are valid, but the fact of the matter is that compliance is not any guarantee that you will not get shot (or beat or tasered or kicked or assaulted)
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-01-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Or this poor bastard.

70 y/o white man.

Was told to get out of the car.

Got out of the car, got his cane, was shot by the black cop.

Because expired tags.

Or this poor bastard.

80 y/o with no criminal record.

Gunned down in his own home, asleep.

But I guess copsuckers expect you to comply in your dreams.

Or this poor bastard.

Wrong guy.

In his bed.

But hey, just comply, right?

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 10-01-2016 at 05:39 PM.

Shall I go on, and on, and on, and on?

Shall I go on, and on, and on, and on?
    Well, gotta break a few eggs, to make an Officer Safety omelette
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So, someone one starred the thread.

So, is it just me, or has someone else noticed how when people decide to support Trump, a majority of them turn into copsuckers?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    So, is it just me, or has someone else noticed how when people decide to support Trump, a majority of them turn into copsuckers?
    He appeals to that law and order, lock 'em up and throw away the key, police are heroes, contingent.

You want a police state?

Because this is how you get a police state.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    So, someone one starred the thread.
    Wasn't me. I gave it two stars.
    - Kim Kardashian

He appeals to that law and order, lock 'em up and throw away the key, police are heroes, contingent.

You want a police state?

Because this is how you get a police state.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    No, it's not just you. There are some exceptions but it seems to be a trend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast