View Poll Results: are you voting for gary johnson?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

23 41.07%
  • no

28 50.00%
  • undecided

5 8.93%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you voting for Gary Johnson? Explain your answer plz

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    That's crap. The world isn't black and white. People like you who think it is will never be effective.
    It isn't crap. I never said the world is black and white. I don't try to be "effective", whatever that means.

You cannot be libertarian while also supporting forced vaccinations, gun control, smoking bans, etc. Those are authoritarian positions. It's like crossbreeding a dog and cat, but telling everyone the resulting animal is just a cat.
    I am the spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    You cannot be libertarian while also supporting forced vaccinations, gun control, smoking bans, etc.
    No, but you can be a libertarian and support someone who supports those things, if he takes the right positions on other, more important issues.

It isn't crap. I never said the world is black and white. I don't try to be "effective", whatever that means.

You cannot be libertarian while also supporting forced vaccinations, gun control, smoking bans, etc. Those are authoritarian positions. It's like crossbreeding a dog and cat, but telling everyone the resulting animal is just a cat.
    Yes it is crap.

Effective means you actually make a change in the world, not have a circle jerk on an internet forum.

When you reject mostly good candidates over your pet issues, you are never going to accomplish anything.

We all know Johnson isn't going to be potus so a few odd issues really doesn't matter.

Yes it is crap.

Effective means you actually make a change in the world, not have a circle jerk on an internet forum.

When you reject mostly good candidates over your pet issues, you are never going to accomplish anything.

We all know Johnson isn't going to be potus so a few odd issues really doesn't matter.
    No it isn't crap. It's not pet issues. GJ is a flaming pile of authoritarian garbage. The world would be a much better place if he left it.
    I am the spoon.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes it is crap.

Since you admit Johnson is going to lose, how is supporting his horrible ticket going to actually make a change in the world?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Johnson has never been a true libertarian, or at least not "my version" of whatever that is. But I like the guy. On issues HE actually seems to care about (which is, I think, the most important evaluation to make) we agree 90%. On things he doesn't seem to have any real interest in, we agree about 50%. Most importantly, on things that are actually within the powers of the president, we agree 90% again.

So yeah, I'm voting for him.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

You are either libertarian or authoritarian. There is no middle ground.
    You will not get far with that mindset.

Are you telling me that if I can find ONE thing Ron believes that is not perfectly libertarian, he's an authoritarian?
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    You will not get far with that mindset.

Are you telling me that if I can find ONE thing Ron believes that is not perfectly libertarian, he's an authoritarian?
    Find it.
    I am the spoon.

Yes, he's the best candidate that will be on the ballot in all 50 states. I don't really have a preference regarding trump vs clinton.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Yes, he's the best candidate that will be on the ballot in all 50 states. I don't really have a preference regarding trump vs clinton.
    Thank you for being the non Clinton vote in Philadelphia !

I'm still on the fence. Either Ron or Gary.

Hillary is an horrible person. Donald is a horrible person.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Since you admit Johnson is going to lose, how is supporting his horrible ticket going to actually make a change in the world?
    Ballot access. Gary's set to make history, giving the LP full ballot access. The Republicrats will lose part of their stranglehold on the electorate when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Ballot access. Gary's set to make history, giving the LP full ballot access. The Republicrats will lose part of their stranglehold on the electorate when that happens.
    Does anyone else think the LP will choose Ted Cruz to be their 2020 nominee after his failed Senate re-election in 2018? I have a feeling this is going to happen.
    Last edited by notsure; 09-21-2016 at 12:45 AM.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by notsure View Post
    Does anyone else think the LP will choose Ted Cruz to be their 2020 nominee after his failed Senate re-election in 2018? I have a feeling this is going to happen.
    If Ted loses his reelection, his political career is effectively over.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    If Ted loses his reelection, his political career is effectively over.
    He still raised alot of money nation-wide. Even if Texans don't turn out for him, which I think will be the case, the LP would look at his support and ability to raise money and easily carry him to the nomination based on his anti-Trump, "vote your conscience" rhetoric of 2016.
    For the same reasons they brought Bill Weld on, they could easily bring Ted Cruz on. Neocons on the right, like Kristol, Jeb, and Romney have been giving more than usual lip service to the LP; I can easily see this continuing into 2020. Especially since Cruz is an establishment Bush boy himself.
    RVO˩UTION

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    LP gets ballot access and matching funds. 2 party system is closer to ending.

Horrible is your word. I think they are decent people.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Yep, and this should be as exciting to Republican libertarians as to Libertarian libertarians.

A viable LP acts as a pressure group to force the GOP to placate their libertarian-leaning members - on penalty of losing them to the LP.

A good showing by the LP this cycle is all upside for the liberty movement.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Yep, and this should be as exciting to Republican libertarians as to Libertarian libertarians.

A viable LP acts as a pressure group to force the GOP to placate their libertarian-leaning members - on penalty of losing them to the LP.

A good showing by the LP this cycle is all upside for the liberty movement.
    Good point about the LP acting as an external pressure on the Republicans, although mostly the GOP is terrible on liberty issues. And LP ballot access is not just good for the Libertarian Party; other parties would benefit from the break-up of the GOP-Dem stranglehold.

Quote Originally Posted by robmpreston View Post
    You sir, are no lover of liberty.
    Fails to recognize sarcasm. Lol
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123