Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We Started A Political Revolution In 2008......I believe this is the end result of that.

We Started A Political Revolution In 2008......I believe this is the end result of that.

This is not Trump promotion but the reality of the state of the 2016 election.
    We pushed for that change, we pushed for the end of the neocons, we pushed for status quo of the GOP to end and it has happened

Personally I never thought Trump would be the guy, but it is what it is.

We are watching history in the making, RPF please don't censor it.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The neoconservatives are being replaced by regressive leftists in red ties. That is not a victory.
    I am the spoon.

Watchu talkin' bout Willis?
    "The Patriarch"

You vote for who you want, but in 3 years, if you get your wish, I reserve full right to laugh in your face for being gullible and believing that trump will be any different than any other tyrant. Even Bush sounded like a reasonable guy foreign policy wise before he got elected.

Something you have obviously blinded yourself to is that the office of president holds enough power that it will be enough to keep whoever occupies it "in line" with the ones who control things.
    Last edited by asurfaholic; 09-17-2016 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Keep finding weird autocorrect stuff

Neocons do not have a monopoly on being oppressive tyrants.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    I think it is fairly accurate. Like it or not, it is what it is. The current movement by Republican voters is a rejection of the neocon Republican establishment politicians.

The Ron Paul R3VOLUTION was all about starting this rejection. It currently is not a liberty movement and bears very little resemblance to what we were aiming for, but I think it is fair to say that there is a connection.

It is a shame that it has morphed into something that has such little regard for liberty. It still can be considered a small victory though in my opinion, because it has upset the applecart.

Hopefully something good actually comes out of all of this.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Controlled opposition.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    We are watching history in the making, RPF please don't censor it.
    We are watching a country get duped by a fraud. Same as last time, the time before, the time before..................

Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    We are watching a country get duped by a fraud. Same as last time, the time before, the time before..................
    Yeah, but this time is more fun.

This is ops response to the Trump poll thread. OP got triggered and now he is trying to sell people this fanstasy that Trump is the logical conclusion to Ron Paul. I have heard some anarchist tell me that they were once libertarian, but Trump is the opposite of Ron Paul on all of the important issues.

I will not vote for your orange spam, so keep on posting if you can, I sure hope you get a ban.

We will see. No way of knowing until he gets in. What he promises however lands him squarely on the side of the people.

Yeah he is not a libertarian. But he has the temperament to make libertarian decisions on foreign policy, economy and social issues. Some people just don't like him because they no longer have an excuse to act superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    We will see. No way of knowing until he gets in. What he promises however lands him squarely on the side of the people.

Yeah he is not a libertarian. But he has the temperament to make libertarian decisions on foreign policy, economy and social issues. Some people just don't like him because they no longer have an excuse to act superior.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If THIS is the pay off for my efforts at education and activism over the last 40+ years, well then I want my goddamned 40+ years back.

Americans have learned nothing in that time. They, in fact, seem to have gotten stupider rather than smarter and wiser.

Let the motherfucker burn.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    If THIS is the pay off for my efforts at education and activism over the last 40+ years, well then I want my goddamned 40+ years back.

Americans have learned nothing in that time. They, in fact, seem to have gotten stupider rather than smarter and wiser.

I am going to butcher the quote but here goes.

Civilization rises with iron boots and descends in silk slippers.

We are declining. The battle now is for what comes next. If Trump can give us more time by cutting fat parasites from the trough I will accept that. He may turn out to be terrible. Buy so far he had proven him self to be smarter than the people in power now.

I was there in the 80's..............Ron Paul grabbed my attention and gave me a glimmer of hope but I'm right back to burn 'er down now....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I was there in the 80's..............Ron Paul grabbed my attention and gave me a glimmer of hope but I'm right back to burn 'er down now....
    Burn, baby burn

We are declining. The battle now is for what comes next. If Trump can give us more time by cutting fat parasites from the trough I will accept that. He may turn out to be terrible. Buy so far he had proven him self to be smarter than the people in power now.

I have a picture from yesterday when I am home I will upload it. I278 in Queens is plastered with the Donald stickers and Ron Paul 2012. Almost got a tear out, my fellow NYers knows what's up.

No, we did not push for those things directly. We pushed for pro-liberty causes and limited government, neither of which apply to Trump. Yes, those principles happen to go against neocons and the status quo of the GOP, but unless you're replacing neocons and the republican establishment with our principles, then it doesn't matter. This is the kind of pro-Trump mentality that I hate here. Vote for him to keep Hillary out of office if you want, I get that, but acting like he's part of the Liberty movement is just absurd.

Please explain.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by PursuePeace View Post
    Please explain.
    He said he wants to pursue only deals advantageous to America. He pushed America first policy. He wants NATO countries to pay for their own adventures and middle East allies to take care of them selves. Now. You can say that is a nationalist policy. But he also wants less tensions with Russia and China. Some of his ideas will get big push back. Like allies paying for them selves. Now don't you think there is a high possibility with Trump that he will simply break the alliance and not engage in us financing these entanglements? Social libertarian I don't need to say anything about that. We all know he is pretty liberal in that. Economic he knows his stuff he wants production, less regulations and growth focus. The only thing is that he does not want to cut entitlements since again he is pretty liberal and you can't win by taking stuff away from the parasites. That does not mean that he won't do it. Because if he is in power and the question is between 4% growth and hand outs he might go for growth. On top of the fact he has shown to be able to sell less hand outs as more.

Sorry man, and I don't mean this to be insulting, just a bland statement of fact as I see it, but if you think Trump is ANYTHING BUT one of "the people in power" then you're delusional.

Sure there are factions vying with each other for dominance, but ultimately their end goals are the same, and those goals do not include leaving us the $#@! alone to live happy, fulfilling, peaceful lives as we see fit. The aim is to control every aspect of our petty, pathetic little lives (from their perspective) for their own purposes, usually the accumulation of ever more vast amounts of money and power to satisfy their own sociopathic urges.

To think a supreme narcissist like Trump is about anything else is simply naive.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Sorry man, and I don't mean this to be insulting, just a bland statement of fact as I see it, but if you think Trump is ANYTHING BUT one of "the people in power" the you're delusional.

Sure there are factions vying with each other for dominance, but ultimately their end goals are the same, and those goals do not include leaving us the $#@! alone to live happy, fulfilling, peaceful lives as we see fit. The aim is to control every aspect of our petty, pathetic little lives (from their perspective) for their own purposes, usually the accumulation of ever more vast amounts of money and power to satisfy their own sociopathic urges.

To think a supreme narcissist like Trump is about anything else is simply naive.
    History is full of examples like Trump. A civilization in decline will get a dead cat bounce by getting a leader that cuts away corruption. I think our system more than anything else is corrupt. Economic, social and foreign problems are stemming from corruption and nepotism in leadership.

He is rich. He can easily buy him self into power. But not into power he is seeking. He is vying for the top spot.

I view US as a system where two major factions are political class and the business class. The business class is subservient to the political class. He is trying to change that.
    Last edited by silverhandorder; 09-17-2016 at 11:26 AM.

The business class is subservient to the political class. He is trying to change that.
    Let me stop you right there. You have it completely backwards. The special interests own the political class. They lobby to get laws and regulations passed that benefit them. The politicians strong arm the little guy that is not connected. It is called a few things, Corporatism, Crony Capitalism, and Fascism.

What do you think Hillary Clinton's $500K speeches are about. It's payback for political favors she gave out while in power.

Another example, Sheldon Adelson already has massive wealth and power. He donates millions to keep the system in place so no one else gains this power. This is what oligarchs do.

Words mean nothing to me, actions on the other hand do. Hillary has a terrible voting record when she was a senator. She had a terrible record as Sec. of state. All poor actions that have taken liberty and prosperity away from us.

Trump has donated to some of the worst establishment candidates. Hillary, Harry Reid, John Boehner, Mitch McConnel, Dick Durbin, Charles Rangel, and many more. The politicians that he has supported have taken liberty and prosperity away from us. So why would he cut out corruption when he is buying off politicians?

As I said Actions speak a lot louder then empty meaningless words, especially in politics.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Well his actions are transparent. His business empire is now a target for every Republican and democrat opponent he dispatched. He lost endorsements, law suits were opened up to hurt his election chances.

Here is why I don't think that business class does not run things. We have very idealistic policies being pushed through. War with Russia and China is bad for business. War in ME is bad for business. Obama care is bad for business. Anywhere where you look political deals decide the outcome of economic competition.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast