Thread: Network Blackout over? Gary Johnson to appear on 60 Minutes this Sunday!

Network Blackout over? Gary Johnson to appear on 60 Minutes this Sunday!

Gary Johnson's been ignored by the media, to the point where he's received only 11 seconds of news coverage on the broadcast networks. That's about to change, though, as CBS is the first of the broadcast nets to drop their complete blackout of Johnson and the LP. This Sunday he'll be appearing on CBS' 60 Minutes. The program gets millions of viewers, mostly older folks; 8 million viewers watched the program last week.

Preview from CBS.com here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    It definitely is. Could Clinton's health issues have caused them to consider covering someone else for a few minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    It definitely is. Could Clinton's health issues have caused them to consider covering someone else for a few minutes?
    As long as it is not Trump? Yes!

Now that he out of the first debate, the coast is clear, they can pretend to be giving an increase in air time. They will have to resume ignoring him as we get closer to the 2nd debate though.

Quote Originally Posted by Champuckett View Post
    Now that he out of the first debate, the coast is clear, they can pretend to be giving an increase in air time. They will have to resume ignoring him as we get closer to the 2nd debate though.
    THIS^^

exactly what i think. ive saw this ploy a few times with ron.

The old people are the most likely voters. If he could pick up just say 10% of them, he's in the debates.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The old people are the most likely voters. If he could pick up just say 10% of them, he's in the debates.
    That's a good point. Gary's seriously lagging in support from Baby Boomers; if he could get some elderly support, he could make the later debates.

Anyway, I've set my DVR to record the interview. I'm also recording the show after it, since there's a football game scheduled before 60 Minutes, and that usually causes the show to be pushed back.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Airing now...
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

They are being made to look fringe.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

It was OK, I guess. They spent a few minutes on the Aleppo thing, I've never seen a candidate attack himself in the way GJ did.

full ep

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-libertarian-ticket-the-new-cold-war-rising-in-the-east/

More surprises from Johnson and Weld

Highlights from 60 Minutes' interview with Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson and his running mate Bill Weld

If voters think this year’s Libertarian ticket is made up of “fringe” candidates, one issue that likely comes to mind is marijuana. The Libertarian presidential nominee, Gary Johnson, is the former CEO of Cannabis Sativa Inc., a marijuana-branding company, and has publicly supported legalizing the drug for almost two decades. He talks to Steve Kroft about his position in the clip above.

For Johnson, the roots of America’s high incarceration rates—the highest in the world—are due to drug laws. “We have tens of millions of Americans in this country that, but for our drug laws, would otherwise be taxpaying, law abiding citizens, but are currently felons,” he said.

Johnson’s plan would remove marijuana from the list of Schedule I drugs and leave it to the states to regulate, as they do with alcohol. But regardless of what happens in November, Johnson sees legalization as a matter of when, not if. “I do believe that when we legalize marijuana,” he said, “that this country will take a quantum leap of understanding when it comes to drugs and first recognize drugs as a health issue, rather than a criminal justice issue.”

Gary Johnson on using marijuana: I'm guilty

Johnson’s positions are informed, in part, by being personally acquainted with the effects of marijuana use. He was an unabashed consumer of the drug until earlier this year, when he was happy to trade the title “cannabis user” for “presidential nominee.”

Johnson says the role of Commander-in-chief is too important to gamble with ganja. “I’ve always said you should not show up on the job impaired,” he told Kroft. “Running for president is a 24/7 gig. Being president is a 24/7 gig. Incoming missiles, you got 12 minutes to deal with it.”

And although nearly 100 million Americans have admitted to using the recreational drug, Johnson realizes that his use may be met with stigma. “The unforgivable in life: hypocrisy —saying one thing and doing another,” he said. “I hope, more than anything, I’m credited here with telling the truth.”

Why Gary Johnson says ISIS threat is "overrated"

Johnson has a plan for fighting ISIS, but he admits that his view of the terrorist organization is not what voters might expect to hear from a presidential candidate.

In the clip above, Johnson calls ISIS “overrated,” though he added that his comment was “a terrible thing to say these days.”

Johnson’s plan to combat ISIS is to first involve Congress, a step he says is missing from current policy. And because Johnson sees the threat as “geographically contained,” he’s optimistic the fight will be quick. “We will see those sands go through the hourglass,” he told Kroft.

If the danger posed by ISIS has been overhyped, what tops Johnson’s security priority? “I’ve been saying that the biggest threat in the world is North Korea,” he explained.

Libertarians sound off on Trump's immigration plan

The Libertarian candidates also discussed immigration in their 60 Minutes interview. As the former governor of New Mexico—the state with the largest percentage of Hispanics in the country—Johnson wants to make it easier for people seeking work in the United States to get across the border.

He and Weld have crafted an immigration policy that would make work visas more accessible, while at the same time requiring a background check and a Social Security card. They argue that the problem of undocumented workers in this country exists because getting a visa is too difficult.
    “It is outrageous,” Johnson told Kroft. “It is incendiary. It angers me beyond words.”

As for how Johnson and Weld feel about Republican nominee Donald Trump’s immigration policy, the Libertarians pull no punches. “It is outrageous,” Johnson told Kroft. “It is incendiary. It angers me beyond words.”

Weld called Trump’s position on immigration “lunatic.”

Why isn't Bill Weld running for president?

Some viewers may wonder why Bill Weld isn’t at the top of this year’s Libertarian ticket, rather than Johnson. Mitt Romney wished for it in a June interview with CBS News’s John Dickerson, and Steve Kroft put the rather awkward question to Johnson and Weld on 60 Minutes.

“It’s not even a possibility,” Johnson responded. “On the day that I asked Bill to be my running mate, it was an impossibility that that could’ve been reversed.

The Libertarian team also explained to Kroft that they both had to fight for the nomination at their party’s spring convention.

“I don’t want to, in any way, diminish the fact that both of us had to sell ourselves,” Johnson said. “And we are the nominees.”
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minut...son-bill-weld/

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm starting to think more and more that GJ is a Clinton plant ... Dude is constantly sabotaging himself and Libertarians, in general..
    /r

Trump is a Clinton plant too.
    I am the spoon.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Trump is a Clinton plant too.
    You are changing the subject, little fella.

Watched that piece. Was made to ensure Clinton voters would not go to Johnson. And they can say how they gave the "fringe" candidate some time.

This media business is ridiculous. We have one party. The government party. And the media is the government party's PR team.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

You are changing the subject, little fella.
    It's true that Trump is a Clinton plant.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Watched that piece. Was made to ensure Clinton voters would not go to Johnson. And they can say how they gave the "fringe" candidate some time.

This media business is ridiculous. We have one party. The government party. And the media is the government party's PR team.
    Bingo.
    I am the spoon.

I cant imagine that clown Johnson and his butt-buddy weld in the white house.