Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A diet is bad when you have to take how many supplements?

A diet is bad when you have to take how many supplements?

How many?

I'd say having to take 5 or more means you're probably on a bad diet.
    Last edited by farreri; 09-15-2016 at 10:51 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to farreri again

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to farreri again.
    I got it.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    However many it takes to avoid dying from being vegan.
    You don't miss out on anything on a vegan diet. I know you're just trying to make farreri mad, but the more I look into it, the more I'm convinced that veganism is the healthiest diet.

Look at Loma Linda (in California), they have a high population of vegans there, and it's a blue zone, meaning a high concentration of people who live long lives, including lots of centenarians.

Look at Dr. Ellsworth Wareham, who's 100 yrs old, and still drives and retired only 5 years ago.

Look at Annette Larkins, who is 74 and looks better and healthier than people decades younger.

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Agreed. I've been laughing for years at the ones that claim they will live longer since they don't eat meat. It isn't true. Many, many end up in the hospital seriously ill from nutrient deficiency.
    But many more heavy meat eaters end up in the hospital seriously ill from nutrient excess.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    You don't miss out on anything on a vegan diet. I know you're just trying to make farreri mad, but the more I look into it, the more I'm convinced that veganism is the healthiest diet.

Look at Loma Linda (in California), they have a high population of vegans there, and it's a blue zone, meaning a high concentration of people who live long lives, including lots of centenarians.

Look at Dr. Ellsworth Wareham, who's 100 yrs old, and still drives and retired only 5 years ago.

Look at Annette Larkins, who is 74 and looks better and healthier than people decades younger.

Anecdotal. Plenty of Asians and East Europeans(for example) look better and healthier than their Western counterparts and still eat meat. They also tend to get more exercise because they often walk more and drive less. Lifestyle and environment are big factors in health and aging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Neither statement you said is true. Our bodies are designed to eat meat. Period.
    Then how many supplements would a vegan need to take to avoid being ill?

Heavy meat eating is our leading cause of death.

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    But many more heavy meat eaters end up in the hospital seriously ill from nutrient excess.
    Source?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Source?
    Oh, all those obese people are vegans?!

Haha. I think some people have outdated views, haven't done the research and simply don't want to give up meat. Period.

There's a reason why many people who are diagnosed with cancer switch to a vegan diet. (not necessarily on the advice of their doctor, but word of mouth.) It is well established that it not only prevents disease but actually reverses disease.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

I'm guessing that lifestyle has more to do with it then diet
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

How many?

I'd say having to take 5 or more means you're probably on a bad diet.
    Yeah I am definitely thinking you are doing nothing more than trolling--but if you aren't here is something to consider and why clean supplements are needed.

You can eat as healthy as you like, the problem is our soils have been depleted of vitamins and minerals thanks to chemical fertilizers being used for a long time. So in order for you to get the benefits for instance of the sulfur-rich broccoli compound, sulforaphane, you would have to eat 5 pounds or more at one sitting--not too many people are going to do that. Glucoraphanin-- a precursor to sulforaphane which you can get from organic broccoli sprouts, but you have to be careful not to let the sprouts sit too long or you will deal with mold. Glucoraphanin boost cell enzymes that protect from molecular damage caused by cancer causing chemicals. So Broccoli is a good thing eat but it has to be consumed in mass to get the benefits, really. You can supplement with sulforaphane to get what you need.

References:
    http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/...lability-Study
    http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0140963
    https://selfhacked.com/2015/01/13/pa...-sulforaphane/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yeah I am definitely thinking you are doing nothing more than trolling--but if you aren't
    I've said numerous times I supplement with B12 and Vitamin D. It's after I say that I get people here criticizing that my diet is no good if I have to supplement, so I'm not sure why many of you think I'm trolling.

And no one has gave an answer to my thread question. I gave my answer, or is that the reason some of you think I'm trolling, because a lot you guys take 5 or more supplements?

Primal Blueprint

Farreri needs to watch ^
    I am the spoon.

Primal Blueprint

Farreri needs to watch ^
    Steroids Sisson sells more supplements than plant-based me takes.

https://www.primalblueprint.com/supplements/

His diet doesn't seem healthy.

I've said numerous times I supplement with B12 and Vitamin D. It's after I say that I get people here criticizing that my diet is no good if I have to supplement, so I'm not sure why many of you think I'm trolling.

And no one has gave an answer to my thread question. I gave my answer, or is that the reason some of you think I'm trolling, because a lot you guys take 5 or more supplements?
    You totally ignore the reason why people need to supplement. I even gave you a reason and a example. You are trolling.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You totally ignore the reason why people need to supplement. I even gave you a reason and a example. You are trolling.
    All Farreri does is troll. It has absolutely no interest in having a real conversation. These are the types of people that should be permabanned from RPF.
    I am the spoon.

"I've said numerous times I supplement with B12 and Vitamin D. "

So, a diet is bad when you have to take how many supplements? I'd say having to take 5 or more means you're probably on a bad diet.

So, a diet is bad when you have to take how many supplements? I'd say having to take 5 or more means you're probably on a bad diet.
    Then you repeat yourself as if because you said it--that's it, that's all. Pffffft

She's saying that even if one is eating a healthy diet, soils have been depleted of vitamins and minerals, so people have to supplement because you don't get all the benefits you would get if there wasn't a problem with the soil.

Do you agree with that, or no? Sounds about right to me.

― Henry David Thoreau

Then you repeat yourself as if because you said it--that's it, that's all. Pffffft
    You excuse me of trolling, now looks like you are trolling, or too scared to answer my question. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    She's saying that even if one is eating a healthy diet, soils have been depleted of vitamins and minerals, so people have to supplement because you don't get all the benefits you would get if there wasn't a problem with the soil.

Do you agree with that, or no? Sounds about right to me.
    Then why do some here say that my plant-based diet is not a good diet if I have to take only one supplement; B12?

You excuse me of trolling, now looks like you are trolling, or too scared to answer my question. Why is that?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I have already answered you and gave you an example and you continue to repeat yourself like Rain Man.

Then why do some here say that my plant-based diet is not a good diet if I have to take only one supplement; B12?
    Anyone who says that doesn't understand that almost half the population has to supplement B12, and since vegans only make up about 2 percent of the population, it's clearly a general problem, not a vegan one.

― Henry David Thoreau

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have already answered you and gave you an example
    You gave an example of why we need to supplement, but you didn't answer my question. Please answer my thread question, if you're not too scared.

You said you took 2-- B12 and D and hopefully that is D3 because D2 is a vegetable-derived source and does not function in the body the same way as D3.

You gave an example of why we need to supplement, but you didn't answer my question. Please answer my thread question, if you're not too scared.
    A vegetarian diet can be bad if you are eating GMO or conventional farming vegetables. A variety diet can be just as bad if you eat GMO vegetables and feed lot animals who consume GMO's, have to have antibiotics and hormones.

However the American diet is bad because even if you eat healthy you can still be deficient in certain vitamins and minerals because of the chemical fertilizers they have used for years.

A vegetarian diet can be bad if you are eating GMO or conventional farming vegetables. A variety diet can be just as bad if you eat GMO vegetables and feed lot animals who consume GMO's, have to have antibiotics and hormones.

However the American diet is bad because even if you eat healthy you can still be deficient in certain vitamins and minerals because of the chemical fertilizers they have used for years.
    Is your answer unlimited amount of supplements? You never really give a direct answer and you call me a troll.

Is your answer unlimited amount of supplements? You never really give a direct answer and you call me a troll.
    Yeah, I am done. I just hope in the REAL world you don't act this ignorant. I picture you walking around aimlessly looking for answers that are right in front of your face.

I feel bad I was only able to neg rep Farreri 4 times today.
    I am the spoon.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast