Thread: Meet the Christians who love their enemies, even when it is ISIS

Meet the Christians who love their enemies, even when it is ISIS

MEET THE CHRISTIANS WHO LOVE THEIR ENEMIES, EVEN WHEN IT'S ISIS

Source: Christian Today
    Fallujah, September 15, 2016
    Hundreds of suspected ISIS members held in a detainment compound not far from Fallujah after the city was captured by the Iraqi army.

On the outskirts of Fallujah, just weeks after Islamic State had been driven out of the city by the Iraqi army following two years of jihadist rule, a team of Sunni and Shia Muslims visited a compound where hundreds of people who had fled the city were being held.

They brought supplies – food and water – to those cramped into the tiny space, as would be expected by humanitarian organisations working in the region. Aid groups have been working tirelessly in Iraq and Syria since ISIS' devastating campaign first shocked the world in 2014, serving the most needy and vulnerable on the front lines.

But something about this was different. The recipients of this aid weren't the families who had been traumatised by militants; who had spent years living in fear and then weeks trapped, starving, as Fallujah became a battleground between government and ISIS forces.

These were ISIS fighters.

A team from the Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC), a US-Iraqi non-profit organisation that's been active in the Middle East for a decade, took food and water to ISIS militants; providing respite to those who had been captured as Fallujah fell.

Hundreds of suspected ISIS members were being held in the detainment compound not far from the city. Some would have been innocent men and boys; separated from their families as they fled Fallujah and sent for interrogation by the Iraqi army. Others were confirmed militants. All were given food to eat and water to drink by PLC.

The reason? "Love means going to the hard places".

'Only light can drive out darkness'

Read the rest at the link
    Last edited by TER; 09-15-2016 at 08:40 AM.
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "We always want to be careful," he explained to Christian Today. "We don't want to come across as cowboys; we don't want to be kidnapped, we don't want to be blown up or tortured. But we also don't want to live exclusively by the principles of risk management. We don't want to be controlled by fear."
    (Yeah) well, I travel at the speed of a reborn man
    I got a lot of love to give
    From the mirrors of my hand

I sent a message of love
    Don't you run away
    Look at your heart, baby
    Come on along with me today...
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Excellent.

We sometimes forgot about the good people on both sides who can help bring love & peace to the world.

The photo, which has been circulated around the internet, shows over 20 Islamic men, wearing traditional Islamic dress, holding hands in a line in front of a large Catholic cathedral. The men are reportedly protecting the Catholic Church from vandalism and attacks while Christian congregants attend mass inside.

The picture has gained a wide amount of media attention after it was tweeted by the Rev. James Martin, S.J., a Jesuit priest and the author and editor-at-large of America, a national Catholic magazine. Martin, who has 30,000 followers, tweeted the image, and it was then retweeted by his followers more than 600 times and made a "favorite" nearly 300 times.

"Hope for return of compassion and dignity," one Twitter user commented on the photo, while another commented "our world needs more of this."

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/vi...4HsD1xXzrmz.99
    Striking photos of unity have emerged from the chaos in Egypt as Christian protesters stood together to protect Muslims as they prayed.

A group of Christians joined hands and faced out surrounding hundreds of Muslims protesters left vulnerable as they knelt in prayer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4LC6actj9
    There is no spoon.

I think that is dandy. As long as they love them while in the Middle East.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by OP
    We don't want to be controlled by fear.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    As long as they love them while in the Middle East.
    LOL
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

'Course, you do know that Jesus was from the ME..........
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    MEET THE CHRISTIANS WHO LOVE THEIR ENEMIES, EVEN WHEN IT'S ISIS

Source: Christian Today
    Fallujah, September 15, 2016
    Hundreds of suspected ISIS members held in a detainment compound not far from Fallujah after the city was captured by the Iraqi army.

On the outskirts of Fallujah, just weeks after Islamic State had been driven out of the city by the Iraqi army following two years of jihadist rule, a team of Sunni and Shia Muslims visited a compound where hundreds of people who had fled the city were being held.

They brought supplies – food and water – to those cramped into the tiny space, as would be expected by humanitarian organisations working in the region. Aid groups have been working tirelessly in Iraq and Syria since ISIS' devastating campaign first shocked the world in 2014, serving the most needy and vulnerable on the front lines.

But something about this was different. The recipients of this aid weren't the families who had been traumatised by militants; who had spent years living in fear and then weeks trapped, starving, as Fallujah became a battleground between government and ISIS forces.

These were ISIS fighters.

A team from the Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC), a US-Iraqi non-profit organisation that's been active in the Middle East for a decade, took food and water to ISIS militants; providing respite to those who had been captured as Fallujah fell.

Hundreds of suspected ISIS members were being held in the detainment compound not far from the city. Some would have been innocent men and boys; separated from their families as they fled Fallujah and sent for interrogation by the Iraqi army. Others were confirmed militants. All were given food to eat and water to drink by PLC.

The reason? "Love means going to the hard places".

'Only light can drive out darkness'

Read the rest at the link
    Bless these dear souls. They wouldn't be in danger but for U.S. meddling in Iraq, Libya, Syria, Egypt.....
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That's an odd response. I don't know if you've thought it all the way through. Syrian Muslim refugees have already been let in. Syrian Christians have not. Do you think they should continue to be barred? I'm guessing no. If Syrian Christians are not barred from coming to the U.S. then they'll have the opportunity to spread Christian love to Muslims already in the U.S. Do you not think that would be a good thing?

The sad tragedy of the xenophobia associated with the Trump movement is that it's taken the eyes of Christians (in the U.S. anyway) from what our mission is. While we aren't "globalists", we have a global agenda, to take the gospel everywhere. While I'm not supportive of the Obama/Clinton/Bush agenda of disrupting the middle east through satanic neocon/neolib foreign policy and then pretending to care about the millions of refugees that policy creates by demanding they be resettled in Western Countries, I'm not afraid of Muslim migration either. Muslims are getting the opportunity to hear the gospel in record numbers. Satan throws lemons at God and God makes lemonade.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.