Thread: Gary Johnson now beating Clinton in Idaho!

Gary Johnson now beating Clinton in Idaho!

Gary's numbers in Idaho just picked up a lot of steam. The last few polls have shown ever-increasing numbers, despite the MSM black-out of third-party candidates. The radio ads in Idaho have been effective.

Aug 8 - Aug 31: 23% Clinton, 44% Trump, 13% Johnson
    Aug 9 - Sept 1: 25% Clinton, 44% Trump, 19% Johnson
    Sept 7 - Sept 13: 12% Clinton, 42% Trump, 17% Johnson

Johnson's also surging nationally, reaching 13% in the latest Quinnipiac poll, released yesterday. Healthy poll numbers (11%-17%) in a bunch of other western and mid-western states (Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Indiana, Nevada, etc), according to the latest GCS poll.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's interesting is that quinnipac has Johnson at 29% in 18-34 and 19% in 35-49.

That's got to give you some hope. Yeah Clinton is going to win and all, and kids don't vote. But when all the boomers die off and the millennials start voting, maybe the country isn't screwed?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    What's interesting is that quinnipac has Johnson at 29% in 18-34 and 19% in 35-49.
    Yeah, his numbers among Millennials and Gen X are huge. If he could capture some Boomers, he'd be formidable.

That's got to give you some hope. Yeah Clinton is going to win and all, and kids don't vote. But when all the boomers die off and the millennials start voting, maybe the country isn't screwed?
    Maybe. But when the millennials start voting, won't they start voting like boomers?

Awesome
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Johnson's also surging nationally, reaching 13% in the latest Quinnipiac poll, released yesterday.
    I think you exaggerate. According to RCP, of the four most recent 4 way polls, the Quinnipiac poll is the only one showing Johnson at over 10%. The other three have him at 5%, 7%, and 8%.

The average of the last 9 polls has Johnson at 8.3%
    "Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    The figures are interesting:

18-34:
    Clinton - 31%
    Trump - 26%
    Johnson - 29%
    Stein - 15%

So a pretty close 3 way fight.

35-49
    Clinton - 44%
    Trump - 31%
    Johnson - 19%
    Stein - 2%

So the Stein vote disappears among the over 35s.

And once you get to the over 65s, the Johnson vote has pretty much disappeared as well.

Also interesting to see that in that poll, Johnson takes votes almost equally from Trump and Clinton.
    "Statesmen may plan and speculate for liberty, but it is religion and morality alone which can establish the principles upon which freedom can securely stand." - John Adams

"He is the best friend to American liberty, who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion, and who sets himself with the greatest firmness to bear down on profanity and immorality of every kind." - John Witherspoon

Why I stand with Rand

Can you say "President Donald J. Trump"?

Most all of the younger voters I know are getting on the Johnson bandwagon.
    There is no spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll vote for Johnson if he commits more strongly to pardoning Snowden.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

When voters are young they are more liberal. They turn more conservative with age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    If he does that during the campaign, he will lose votes. Democrats and Republicans seem to agree that he is a traitor who should be shot. I am Team Edward, but realistically that is NOT something he should campaign on.

Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    Can you say "President Donald J. Trump"?
    trump supporters should be spending massive effort trying to sell Clinton-supporting acquaintances on voting for Johnson instead of Clinton. Tell them he's pro-choice, pro-immigration, pro-civil rights.

You'll never get a Clinton supporter to vote for trump, but you might get them to vote for Johnson.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    I remember hearing him saying this a few days ago and it sounded very firm...don't know what else you want him to do.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    If he does that during the campaign, he will lose votes. Democrats and Republicans seem to agree that he is a traitor who should be shot. I am Team Edward, but realistically that is NOT something he should campaign on.
    ^^ This.