100 52.63%
  • Liberty One

46 24.21%
  • Other

4 2.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Straight Poll: Air Force Ron / Freedom / Liberty

Straight Poll: Air Force Ron / Freedom / Liberty

Ok, although I'm a Freedom One fan, and think we've won the last 3-4 polls, I'm getting kind-of tired of all the extra choices
    on the polls.

This one offers only three choices, only one vote a piece, and you can see who voted for what. Hope my favorite wins again
    And yes, I put Air Force Ron back in, it seemed fair.
    Last edited by BeFranklin; 12-08-2007 at 10:09 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Selected the public poll option to see all names, but doesn't seem to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by BeFranklin View Post
    Selected the public poll option to see all names, but doesn't seem to be working.
    it's working

bump
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Bump for freedom and accurate polls!
    Last edited by BeFranklin; 12-08-2007 at 10:36 PM.

My reason to preferring Freedom to Liberty is that liberty is a little more stale from over-use on government stamps/buildings/coins, and implies something you need a government for. Freedom is something that exists before. A bird flies with freedom, but does it fly with liberty? If you say it flies at liberty, you imply it had to get permission from somewhere, and this isn't what freedom is.

Beyond which, freedom simply sounds better in lyrics, slogans, and motto's, which seems to me to be the point.

Liberty rings, but freedom flies.

But if you keep flooding the poll with comments supporting your personal bias how can you be sure that you're not affecting the poll's outcome???

Why are there a dozen name polls? I can't figure out which one I'm supposed to vote in.

Anyway, I choose Air Force Ron, because it has his name in it. Every time they have to say "Air Force Ron" on the news, it builds name recognition. Plus it's funny.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by wisconsinite View Post
    But if you keep flooding the poll with comments supporting your personal bias how can you be sure that you're not affecting the poll's outcome???
    I sure hope I am, I have as much right to comment as anyone The discussions are *suppose* to affect the poll outcomes, or we wouldn't be discussing it.

I sure hope I am, I have as much right to comment as anyone The discussions are *suppose* to affect the poll outcomes, are we wouldn't be discussing it.
    OK then.....BLUMP for Liberty

First of these polls I voted in. I supported "Freedom One" because Dr. Paul is already thought of as a Libertarian, perhaps too much so by the general public. Therefore the word Freedom does not reinforce the term Libertarian on Dr. Paul.
    Last edited by Jagwarr; 12-08-2007 at 11:30 PM.

i went for freedom one. sounds good

Liberty is the name of the rental company and One is reserved for the President of the US (have some respect) how about just Freedom?
    LukeNM

Gen. George Washington during the first American Revolution:
    "We can't guarantee victory, but we can deserve it."

I sure hope I am, I have as much right to comment as anyone The discussions are *suppose* to affect the poll outcomes, or we wouldn't be discussing it.
    Except then you're not actually at all trying to find out what the people want, you're simply trying to push your agenda and get the blimp named what you want. Who's to say that in addition to your comments in this thread you haven't also gone through the other threads on the Freedom One and PM'd all the people who commented in support of it and bringing their attention to this poll and asking them to go to your "poll" and vote. Who's to say what else you are doing to influence the outcome... ?

Point being, no you can't expect to take a poll while strongly espousing your own views and have people consider it to be an unbiased poll.

What if they called on the phone polls and asked
    Quote Originally Posted by Polling person
    "If the election was held today who would you vote for: [rotate names]
    Rudy
    McCain
    Huckabee
    Romney
    Thompson
    Paul
    Tancredo
    Hunter

Oh, and personally I think Rudy is the best candidate, he was the mayor of New York on 9/11, he's America's mayor, he cracked down on crime, and he's going to be tough on terrorism and protect America from Islamist Fascism

Okay, now what's your pick?"

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNM View Post
    Liberty is the name of the rental company and One is reserved for the President of the US (have some respect) how about just Freedom?
    Sooo Space Ship One (link) ... that's an affront to the respect of the Presidency of the United States of America? Pahleese.

And using a "One" after a name in naming a craft hardly infringes upon the use of it by the Presidency. In fact when used that way it isn't even actually the name of a craft, it's a designation to indicated the cargo carried, and travels with the President, if he's in the plane it becomes call sign "Air Force One", in the helicopter it's "Marine One" (I wonder if he's in a tank or something if it's then Army One... hmm...)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Originally Posted by Polling person
    "If the election was held today who would you vote for: [rotate names]
    Rudy
    McCain
    Huckabee
    Romney
    Thompson
    Paul
    Tancredo
    Hunter

Oh, and personally I think Rudy is the best candidate, he was the mayor of New York on 9/11, he's America's mayor, he cracked down on crime, and he's going to be tough on terrorism and protect America from Islamist Fascism

Okay, now what's your pick?"
    Ron Paul because I am not a dear in the headlights and have made an informed decision.
    Last edited by troyd1; 12-09-2007 at 09:19 AM.
    A vote for the lesser of 2 evils is still a vote for evil.

Ron Paul's special interest group is the American people!

Quote Originally Posted by mkrfctr View Post
    Except then you're not actually at all trying to find out what the people want, you're simply trying to push your agenda and get the blimp named what you want. Who's to say that in addition to your comments in this thread you haven't also gone through the other threads on the Freedom One and PM'd all the people who commented in support of it and bringing their attention to this poll and asking them to go to your "poll" and vote. Who's to say what else you are doing to influence the outcome... ?

Point being, no you can't expect to take a poll while strongly espousing your own views and have people consider it to be an unbiased poll.

What if they called on the phone polls and asked
    Well, lets see: First of all, this poll is in direct response to your two polls,
    which clearly weren't fair. The first poll you made tried to mix the two names freedom and liberty together ON THE SAME LINES!,
    then you excluded air force ron in the second poll, adding a whole bunch of needless options, which people other then me complained about.

Also this is quite a bit different then phone polls. You get to read everyone's responses to the poll *if* you want to, both positive and negative, and that includes mine.

Sorry Liberty One is losing, but this is a fair poll. None of the three names have been excluded, none of the names have been co-mingled with each other. Its what should have been polled in the first place. Its a straight poll with three options and and an other.
    Last edited by BeFranklin; 12-09-2007 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagwarr View Post
    First of these polls I voted in. I supported "Freedom One" because Dr. Paul is already thought of as a Libertarian, perhaps too much so by the general public. Therefore the word Freedom does not reinforce the term Libertarian on Dr. Paul.
    Thats a good point. Freedom is better for the people we are trying to reach who maybe aren't as political.

Freedom One! Thats the name

Looks like Freedom is popular

this is the official poll
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

Well, lets see: First of all, this poll is in direct response to your two polls,
    which clearly weren't fair. The first poll you made tried to mix the two names freedom and liberty together ON THE SAME LINES!,
    then you excluded air force one in the second poll, adding a whole bunch of needless options, which people other then me complained about.

Also this is quite a bit different then phone polls. You get to read everyone's responses to the poll *if* you want to, both positive and negative, and that includes mine.

Sorry Liberty One is losing, but this is a fair poll. None of the three names have been excluded, none of the names have been co-mingled with each other. Its what should have been polled in the first place. Its a straight poll with three options and and an other.
    No one has ever suggested or used "Air Force One" So I'll assume you mean "Air Force Ron" - and if you can read it is very much included on the first poll (link) which was about the name concepts. And it wasn't "excluded" from the second poll - the second poll was to gauge the strength of support for using either the word Freedom or Liberty. If in the name poll "Air Force Ron" pulls ahead, then the second poll isn't really applicable - but seeing as "Freedom/Liberty One" has a massive 2-1 lead over anything else, that's not particularly likely, making the second poll very applicable.

I also answered the question on why they were "co-mingled" in another post (link) - short answer was it was based on concept. They were not "co-mingled", it was an either or, which I think was pretty clear. When someone says He/She people are smart enough to know that means either a He or She - duh. So "Freedom/Liberty One" obviously means the name would be "Freedom One" or "Liberty One" - duh.

Also in the first poll that was for naming concepts there was an area to specify their preference as to whether the word should be Liberty or Freedom. The results were rather evenly matched, hence the reason for the second poll which was to find out the STRENGTH of the support for each word, not simply a simple either or answer which was already in the first poll and that you felt the need to recreate yet again for some reason. That is also explained in that same post (link).

So what is the point of this poll ... ? Because it is not as informative as the other one I made... Is it pretty much because some simpletons thought it was, I guess, what, too complicated(?) to understand the other one... perhaps they've never taken a scale poll that rates their feelings or support on a 1-5 scale. God help them if they get injured and the doctor asks them to rate their pain on a 0-10 scale ("oh no, I'm confused! please just ask if I'm in pain yes or no, that I can answer, but the numbers, the scale... Oh! Now my head is in pain!!") Or maybe everything just has to be exactly black & white, I don't know - perhaps you could explain why you felt this poll was necessary and how it would be helpful... (aside from wanting to directly influence the outcome in your favor... unless that's the only reason, in which case just be honest and say so)

And I have not stated a personal preference in regards to using either Liberty OR Freedom, so I don't know why you are apologizing for whatever the results of this poll is, perhaps I am absolutely for Freedom and I hate Liberty - you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by slantedview View Post
    this is the official poll
    Well, thank you for your declaration, glad we got that all cleared up

/Mein fuhrer!

I think you need to blend a couple and make it liberty force one.
    “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
    -Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks like freedom is very popular

Freedom is Popular - Ron Paul
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsLcQiHKhic

Well, thank you for your declaration, glad we got that all cleared up

/Mein fuhrer!
    hahah
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

If in the name poll "Air Force Ron" pulls ahead, then the second poll isn't really applicable - but seeing as "Freedom/Liberty One" has a massive 2-1 lead over anything else, that's not particularly likely, making the second poll very applicable.
    According to this poll, Liberty One never had a massive lead over Air Force Ron at all, it looks like they were about the same all along.

Guess straightforward polls help see things as they actually are.

FYI: And Freedom One appears to be the only thing that has a massive 2 to 1 lead, so according to your statement, your
    second poll is invalid, which is what I said to begin with.

Air Force Ron 23 20.18%
    Freedom One 63 55.26%
    Liberty One 27 23.68%
    Other 1 0.88%
    -------------------------------------------

Thats a massive lead by Freedom One, and I think shows why co-mingling
    it with another name didn't have any justification.

wtf are you smoking BeFranklin?

Look at the name concept poll (the first one) - the concept of "Freedom One" or "Liberty One" is 2-1 ahead of "Air Force Ron." Even this compromised poll shows that, using the numbers you just posted 63+27=90 for using either "Freedom One" or "Liberty One" vs. 23 for using "Air Force Ron". Also the results in that first poll of using "Freedom" vs. using "Liberty are about even. So the second poll is very much valid.

Now the second poll is nearly the same that this one is, namely which is better/more supported, "Freedom One" Or "Liberty One". Yet the one I did shows the same nearly 50-50 balance between "Freedom" and "Liberty" as the first poll - a nice correlation that shows that more likely than not the results in the first poll are accurate, and the results of the second poll are accurate as well.

Yet your poll here is heavily in favor of "Freedom One", an outlier from two different polls that show a 50-50 matchup.

Now there could be a few reasons why there is a difference in results between the two polls that are asking basically the same question, but I contend you are polluting the results of your poll by including "Air Force Ron" when it's not relevant, and by your heavy bias and prompting towards the result you want to obtain.

It's a tainted poll and shows nothing of value. Sorry if you cannot understand how that works.

wtf are you smoking BeFranklin?
    It's a tainted poll and shows nothing of value. Sorry if you cannot understand how that works.
    I reported this post for forum violations as well as the other post where you called someone Hitler.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast