Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hillary explains that Pepe the frog is a "white supremacist"

Hillary explains that Pepe the frog is a "white supremacist"

Clinton has added a page to her website to explain how Pepe is a white supremacist.
    CNN has reported on him.

https://www. hillaryclinton. com/post/donald-trump-pepe-the-frog-and-white-supremacists-an-explainer
    Donald Trump, Pepe the frog, and white supremacists: an explainer
    That cartoon frog is more sinister than you might realize.
    September 13, 2016 by Elizabeth Chan
    (excerpts)

...Why is there a frog standing directly behind Trump?

That’s Pepe. He’s a symbol associated with white supremacy.

Wait. Really? White supremacy?

That’s right.

Please explain.

Here’s the short version: Pepe is a cartoon frog who began his internet life as an innocent meme enjoyed by teenagers and pop stars alike.

But in recent months, Pepe’s been almost entirely co-opted by the white supremacists who call themselves the “alt-right.” They’ve decided to take back Pepe by adding swastikas and other symbols of anti-semitism and white supremacy.

“We basically mixed Pepe in with Nazi propaganda, etc. We built that association,” one prominent white supremacist told the Daily Beast.

Trump has retweeted his white supremacist supporters with regularity, but the connection between the alt-right and his campaign continues to strengthen. Trump has been slow to disavow support from Ku Klux Klansmen and white supremacy groups, and he recently hired Breitbart.com’s Steve Bannon as his campaign CEO (and Bannon isn’t shy about the fact that his “news” organization is the “platform for the alt-right”).

Now white supremacists have given Pepe the cartoon frog some Trump hair—and the candidate’s own son says he is “honored to be grouped with” him.

Let me get this straight: Trump’s presidential campaign is posting memes associated with white supremacy online?

Yes.

But it’s just his son and one of his closest advisers, right?

Nope.

Just curious: Who else is in this photo?

Notably, conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, who believes the government was behind the 9/11 (and that Newtown was “completely fake”), and Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopoulos, whose racism and bigotry is so egregious that Twitter banned him from using their site.

This is horrifying.

Yes.

What can I do?

Vote.
    Many jokes at reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...n_entire_page/

The Hill has done a story on Pepe.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...on-trump-white
    Last edited by Valli6; 09-13-2016 at 02:31 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is the greatest election ever.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Trump's lifelong leftism and connections to the Democratic Party have been dismissed as old news.

Trump's very public embrace of the alt-right, which presumably hurts him, is viewed as part of his "outside the box" campaigning style.

Hillary's odd choice to highlight the alt-right, which can only help it grow, has been called a tactical mistake.

But, looking at all these things together, a reasonable person could conclude that Trump's been in cahoots with the DNC from the start, and this entire sham of an election cycle has been designed to destroy what remains of small government conservatism in the GOP, turning the party into precisely the racist hobgoblin which the Democrats continually accuse it of being.

Don't know, don't care.

Everything a white man does these days is "raciss".

I no longer have a single $#@! to give.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Don't know, don't care.

Everything a white man does these days is "raciss".

I no longer have a single $#@! to give.
    Truth-

Besides, I thought Pepe was a green supremacist?
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Truth-

Pepe has nothing against toads. Pepe just wants to live amongst frogs.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Truth-

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Definitely my favorite Froggie supremacist.
    There is no spoon.

It is harder being a ginger.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Definitely my favorite Froggie supremacist.
    GREEN LIVES MATTER!!!

i HAVE TO CREDIT BRYAN WITH THAT BECAUSE HE MADE ME THINK OF THAT SONG EVERY TIME I SEE A FROG. wE HAD A CONVERSATION ABOUT GREEN73 AND THAT CAME UP.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Pepe has nothing against toads. Pepe just wants to live amongst frogs.
    But....but...but what about the red frogs?

There is no spoon.

a GINGER TOOK ME TO SENIOR PROM. HE WAS HARD.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    a GINGER TOOK ME TO SENIOR PROM. HE WAS HARD.
    TMI, AS USUAL.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Someone should tell vdare that the white doe has been replaced by an ugly frog.
    Now here is a frog:
    https://youtu.be/YkfU1JqmkHM

Now this is Pepe (Warner Bros should sue):
    https://youtu.be/JEdBndu0YUM

See Pepe isn't racist because he crosses the species line for love!

TMI, AS USUAL.
    TMF (Franzia)

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Someone should tell vdare that the white doe has been replaced by an ugly frog.
    Now here is a frog:
    https://youtu.be/YkfU1JqmkHM

Now this is Pepe (Warner Bros should sue):
    https://youtu.be/JEdBndu0YUM

See Pepe isn't racist because he crosses the species line for love!
    Pepe le Pew is also black & white, so he is absolutely not racist.
    There is no spoon.

Pepe le Pew is also black & white, so he is absolutely not racist.
    +1

That's right! Pepe Le Pew is a suave, charming, handsome devil while the frog is a horribly designed abomination.

ADL Adds ‘Pepe the Frog’ Meme to Hate Symbol Database

Pepe the Frog has been added to the Anti-Defamation League’s Hate Symbol Database, where it currently sits alongside symbols such as the Nazi swastika, burning crosses, and SS lightning bolts.
    “In recent years, with the growth of the ‘alt right’ segment of the white supremacist movement, a segment that draws some of its support from some of the above-mentioned Internet sites, the number of ‘alt right’ Pepe memes has grown, a tendency exacerbated by the controversial and contentious 2016 presidential election,” wrote the ADL on their Pepe page. “Though Pepe memes have many defenders, not least the character’s creator, Matt Furie, who has called the alt right appropriation of the meme merely a ‘phase,’ the use of racist and bigoted versions of Pepe memes seems to be increasing, not decreasing.”

The ADL’s entry of Pepe the Frog into the Hate Symbol Database is accompanied with various modified images, portraying the cartoon frog as a Nazi, a Ku Klux Klan member, a negative stereotype of a Jew, and a black person.

Hate on Display, otherwise known as the Hate Symbol Database, was launched as a definitive collection of some of the world’s most hateful icons and symbols. It currently includes such entries as the Nazi swastika, the burning cross, “1488”, the Blood Drop Cross, the Confederate flag, the iron cross, Ku Klux Klan robes, a noose, the apartheid-era South African flag, SS lightning bolts, and Stormfront’s logo.

It is unknown as to why Pepe the Frog, a cartoon frog meme whose minimal links to “white supremacism” have been proven to be the result of two notorious trolls, is listed among the other symbols on the site, but it is likely to do with the debunked recent reports from both the mainstream media and the Clinton Campaign that claim Pepe to be a new symbol for white supremacy.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/0...mbol-database/

Now that Hillary has called Pepe out I sure hope he has good security.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Now that Hillary has called Pepe out I sure hope he has good security.
    LOL- now THAT'S spot-on.
    There is no spoon.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

White people exist
    White people have the right to exist
    White people have the right to exist as white people
    ALT Right Be white

Pic is to show the connection between alt right and white nationalism.

I think everyone here would agree that Pepe the frog became a mascot for the alt right a while back and the alt right political philosophy overlaps heavily with that of white nationalism. Now the question is to what degree is white nationalism in line with white supremacy? I personally think there is enough to make a connection.

I think in this case, Hillary is closer to the truth than the people trying to deny any connection to white supremacy. If I was in the alt right, I would embrace this connection and go on the offense with it instead of trying to play defense. You cannot smash political correctness in the society by denying your true nature because it is deemed politically incorrect by the media.
    Last edited by juleswin; 09-28-2016 at 07:29 AM.

I married one. Yes they are evil, but I still love her.

When I was in the Marines, I was one of the few stationed on a Navy base in a sea of blue uniforms. I wore green camies. I used to sing that song a lot.

Last edited by AZJoe; 09-30-2016 at 06:31 AM.

If I was the creator of the meme no way would I still be voting for her after she called it white supremacy.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

White people exist
    White people have the right to exist
    White people have the right to exist as white people
    ALT Right Be white

Pic is to show the connection between alt right and white nationalism.

I think everyone here would agree that Pepe the frog became a mascot for the alt right a while back and the alt right political philosophy overlaps heavily with that of white nationalism. Now the question is to what degree is white nationalism in line with white supremacy? I personally think there is enough to make a connection.

I think in this case, Hillary is closer to the truth than the people trying to deny any connection to white supremacy. If I was in the alt right, I would embrace this connection and go on the offense with it instead of trying to play defense. You cannot smash political correctness in the society by denying your true nature because it is deemed politically incorrect by the media.
    I believe part of the alt-right is there to train people to disregard the truth due to adding blatant racism and anti-semitism into the mix. If they would just stick to the truth - facts and preservation of race, language, borders and culture they could potentially grow the movement and be a political force to be reckoned with.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast