Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why you should be eating moar fat

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Thats a lot of working out, man. That's serious working out. Beast Mode.
    Ya, I may have been going too hard too fast, right now I have one gym related injury (wrist) and one non-gym related injury (knee), so I'm taking a break until things heal up a bit.

Have you ever tried hemp powder? I was thinking about it. I've never tried it, though. Isopure Meal Replacements or Nitro Tech is what I've been using this year.
    HB and I are using the same plant-based protein, you can buy it at COSTCO or Amazon pretty cheap, it's called Orgain. It has mostly pea protein, some sprouted brown rice protein, which I'm not too excited about, but sprouted is the best form to take in grains if you are going to eat them - but it also has hemp and chia seed protein.

Then I use bodylogix grass-fed whey protein (amazon) - both are low carb and partially sweetened with stevia.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-29-2016 at 03:52 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    dont look now but farreri hasnt been here in a week... maybe primal made him butthurt more than anybody...
    I have noticed his absence. Lol. That's funny I was going to say earlier that you know Primal is the way to go when it took Farreri all of 4 seconds to dismiss it's founder Mark Sisson as "Steroid Sisson".
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    I have noticed his absence. Lol. That's funny I was going to say earlier that you know Primal is the way to go when it took Farreri all of 4 seconds to dismiss it's founder Mark Sisson as "Steroid Sisson".
    Sisson helped poularize it, but it was originally founded by Cordain in his book "The Paleo Diet For Athletes". https://smile.amazon.com/Paleo-Diet-...sap_bc?ie=UTF8 I knew about it way before it was trendy. A coach I knew back in the 2000s recommended it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Thats a lot of working out, man. That's serious working out. Beast Mode.

Have you ever tried hemp powder? I was thinking about it. I've never tried it, though. Isopure Meal Replacements or Nitro Tech is what I've been using this year.

Make sure you're gettting a good shot of protein before you go to sleep to replenish your body if you're still doing it like that. Same as taking vitamins. You don't pee them all out if you take them at night time. So your body absorbs them. You know?

There was somebody else around here that worked out like that, too. I forget who, though.

HB has it right. About a gram per pound of body weight.

But yeah, that's serious working out right there.
    Hemp protein is excellent; also a product called Re-Liv is a great source of all the right stuff.

I use both daily.
    There is no spoon.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Sisson helped poularize it, but it was originally founded by Cordain in his book "The Paleo Diet For Athletes". https://smile.amazon.com/Paleo-Diet-...sap_bc?ie=UTF8 I knew about it way before it was trendy. A coach I knew back in the 2000s recommended it to me.
    You're right. It was Sisson that named it Primal though.

Ex NBA player Theo Ratliff started doing it around 2000 after some bad injuries and credited it with drastically extending his career.
    I am the spoon.

Big Agra (whose lobby exercises massive control over FDA and the faux science published in MSM)
    But Big Cattle, Dairy, and Egg has their hands clean?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    The studies do not support the reported conclusion that higher fat intake led to less body fat because they were actually low fat, reduced calorie diets which included exercise.
    Thanks for being a voice of science and not wishful thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Mercola isn't a very good site for health information.
    Agreed. He's a total snake oil salesmen.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It only makes [saturated fats] just in case we can't find it for some reason.
    Then why doesn't our bodies make Vitamin C in case we can't find it for some reason?

HB and I are using the same plant-based protein

Then I use bodylogix grass-fed whey protein
    Why do you need to supplement with protein on a high-protein diet, like Primal Blueprint?

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    But Big Cattle, Dairy, and Egg has their hands clean?
    Those industries never had government agencies write dietary guidelines for their profit, that I know of. (if they did, they did a terrible job)
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Why do you need to supplement with protein on a high-protein diet, like Primal Blueprint?
    Speaking for myself, I have unique dietary needs because of my highly active lifestyle-as I've already explained. To get all the protein I need, it's cheaper and more efficient to supplement than eat 12 eggs/day or something. Even vegan athletes supplement, bro.

Then why doesn't our bodies make Vitamin C in case we can't find it for some reason?
    Vitamin C isn't a macronutrient.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hah.. I wish it was only 8 hard boiled eggs a day.. Try 33..

And it's not a strain if you are using the protein - it depends on how hard you are training.

I'm taking a break right now, but I was lifting weights 4 days a week for 2+ hours a day and was eating about 140-170 grams a day. When you start eating that much protein, it's more practical to get a good portion of it from protein shakes. I do a combo of grass fed whey and an organic plant based protein powder.
    If you don't mind me asking, why lift for 2+hours 4 days/week? Sounds like a high volume body builder-type split routine, amirite? I don't know any fighter or strength athlete who trains that much.

If you don't mind me asking, why lift for 2+hours 4 days/week? Sounds like a high volume body builder-type split routine, amirite? I don't know any fighter or strength athlete who trains that much.
    I'm gonna say closer to 2 hours, I think sometimes I might have been there a little longer than 2 but averaged out it may even be shy of 2 hours.

I feel like a lot of athletes do train that much, like train for their sport for instance. They might go to the gym less hours than me, but they will be rowing (crew) or swimming or playing football or whatever, plus long distance runs, etc.. And some of the guys I know who are into it have jobs where they are physically active, lifting things and doing hard work during the day, whereas I sit in an office.. and I didn't mention it before but I also try to surf as much as I can, which ends up being more or less depending on the season and some other factors.. I try to go at least once a week, but I"ll go 3 or 4 if the conditions are right - but I will probably be going to the gym less during that time, this has been off season for surfing. so I don't think it was too much really.. But ya, the training is actually for strength for surfing and some body building I suppose, hey why not - it was split into four days chest/biceps, legs/core, shoulders/triceps and back.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I'm gonna say closer to 2 hours, I think sometimes I might have been there a little longer than 2 but averaged out it may even be shy of 2 hours.

I feel like a lot of athletes do train that much, like train for their sport for instance. They might go to the gym less hours than me, but they will be rowing (crew) or swimming or playing football or whatever, plus long distance runs, etc.. And some of the guys I know who are into it have jobs where they are physically active, lifting things and doing hard work during the day, whereas I sit in an office.. and I didn't mention it before but I also try to surf as much as I can, which ends up being more or less depending on the season and some other factors.. I try to go at least once a week, but I"ll go 3 or 4 if the conditions are right - but I will probably be going to the gym less during that time, this has been off season for surfing. so I don't think it was too much really.. But ya, the training is actually for strength for surfing and some body building I suppose, hey why not - it was split into four days chest/biceps, legs/core, shoulders/triceps and back.
    Ahhh! That makes lots of sense. Thanks for clarifying. Endurance athletes like Crossfitters do train for long periods. Still, I suggest keeping track of your weights, reps, sets, etc. to make sure you're making progress and don't hit plateaus or regress.

Ahhh! That makes lots of sense. Thanks for clarifying. Endurance athletes like Crossfitters do train for long periods. Still, I suggest keeping track of your weights, reps, sets, etc. to make sure you're making progress and don't hit plateaus or regress.
    Ya I use the Gym Hero Pro app, it keeps track of everything by workout name, archives all your workouts and after you are done there is a comparison to the week before. Best $4 I ever spent.

Because I probably only eat 80-100g of animal protein a day - so I supplement in 1-2 30-40g shakes - some of it is out of practicality, it's a lot easier to mix up a shake than cook eggs or meat. If I had more time I'd supplement less, but I'm ok with how it works out now all considering. I work 45-50 hours a week, and then going to the gym about 8 hours a week which I'm skipping at the moment, but I'm also drinking less shake.. and I have to walk my dog daily and getting in a surf session during this season means taking a short road trip.
    Last edited by dannno; 09-30-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Chester Copperpot

thats a big mystery deserving of its own thread.

Those industries never had government agencies write dietary guidelines for their profit, that I know of.
    Never heard of the Dairy industry-influenced Four Food Group which the Dairy industry gave itself its own group?

(if they did, they did a terrible job)
    Yes, their diet advice was terrible for the health of the country.

For the skeptics. Today I put on my old belt that I had put in a drawer sometime early in the summer when I got a new belt. I needed to add yet another hole as my pants were falling down on the golf course all day.

This is a belt I've had since before I went primal years ago, and I keep it because its a great reminder of how far I've come and not to go back. (even if it is a bit ridiculous now with the belt wrapping halfway back around my body.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Congrats! That is not easy to do!

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    For the skeptics. Today I put on my old belt that I had put in a drawer sometime early in the summer when I got a new belt. I needed to add yet another hole as my pants were falling down on the golf course all day.

This is a belt I've had since before I went primal years ago, and I keep it because its a great reminder of how far I've come and not to go back. (even if it is a bit ridiculous now with the belt wrapping halfway back around my body.

wow so you lost weight while eating some healthy animal meat... good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    wow so you lost weight while eating some healthy animal meat... good for you!
    And lots of nuts and vegetables. Just not really many grains or fruits (except for beer, wine or booze a couple days a week). I don't miss the plain ole grains one bit and never really gave a crap about fruit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123