Thread: "My List Of The Ten Worst U.S. Presidents" by Chuck Baldwin

"My List Of The Ten Worst U.S. Presidents" by Chuck Baldwin

A few days ago, I posted my list of the top ten worst U.S. presidents on my Facebook page. See (and hopefully “Like”) my Facebook page here:

Chuck Baldwin's Facebook Page

People who are familiar with my writings should not be surprised at my list, although many people who read my Facebook post did act surprised. Of course, these could have been people who aren’t that familiar with my writings after all.

At any rate, with my Facebook post I made my list without explanation. I will use this column to share a little bit of the reasoning behind my selections. So here goes: my top ten worst presidents in U.S. history:
    His list begins here. What do you think about it?
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think the field for top ten worst presidents can be very loaded. There are probably more than 40 qualified people.

I see he has Johnson and Wilson where they belong .

Mostly good list, I'd change the order around though.

However, I have a few issues with the article:

Without an ounce of doubt in my mind, Abraham Lincoln is America’s absolute worst President. He did not free a single slave; but what he did do was begin the process of enslaving free men. It is no hyperbole to say that Lincoln truly governed as a dictator, not as a President.
    He actually did free some, but yeah, he was really only interested in preserving the union and tolerated slavery for most of is presidency.

I wouldn't put Lincoln at number 1 because a lot of what he did was undone after the end of the war, I'd put Wilson at number 1.

This is the date when the 17th Amendment was ratified. This amendment overturned the power of the State legislatures to elect their own senators and replaced it with a direct popular vote. This was another serious blow against State sovereignty. The framers of the Constitution desired that the influence and power in Washington, D.C., be kept as close to the people and states as possible. For example, the number of representatives in the House of Representatives was to be decided by a limited number of voters. In the original Constitution, the ratio of “people of the several States” deciding their House member could not exceed “one for every thirty thousand.” (Article. I. Section. 2. Paragraph. 3.) And when it came to the US Senate, the framers also recognized the authority of each State legislature to select its own senators, thereby keeping power and influence from aggregating in Washington, D.C.
    Even though I think Wilson was the worst, I never really understood why the 17th amendment was so bad. The Kentucky state legislature would certainly never chose people like Rand Paul. The income tax, the Federal Reserve, and World War I are my major issues with Wilson.

Barack Obama set many firsts for America. He is America’s first Muslim President; America’s first Marxist President; and the first President not born to an American citizen or in the United States as required by the U.S. Constitution. I think anyone who believes Obama was born in Hawaii is intellectually challenged. Obama’s single greatest administrative disaster is his socialized health care plan, known as Obamacare. Without a doubt, this leviathan is a death sentence to America’s future medical system. Generations of Americans yet to come will curse the day Barack Obama and the members of Congress that assisted him were allowed to create this medical monstrosity.
    Really?

Suffice it to say that Grant’s presidency can probably be regarded as the most corrupt in U.S. history--rivaled only by Bill Clinton’s. Grant was quite the loathsome creature. He was also probably America’s first (and only?) alcoholic President.
    I find it very hard to believe that only Bill Clinton rivaled Grant in corruption. Grant was also pretty good policy-wise.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Mostly good list, I'd change the order around though.

However, I have a few issues with the article:

He actually did free some, but yeah, he was really only interested in preserving the union and tolerated slavery for most of is presidency.

I wouldn't put Lincoln at number 1 because a lot of what he did was undone after the end of the war, I'd put Wilson at number 1.

Even though I think Wilson was the worst, I never really understood why the 17th amendment was so bad. The Kentucky state legislature would certainly never chose people like Rand Paul. The income tax, the Federal Reserve, and World War I are my major issues with Wilson.

Really?

I find it very hard to believe that only Bill Clinton rivaled Grant in corruption. Grant was also pretty good policy-wise.
    I'd definitely put Lincoln as Number 1.

Without Lincoln stripping the states of the last vestige of their rights, Wilson would not have been able to implement his brand of garbage so easily.

And Lincoln didn't free any Northern slaves- only the Southern slaves were part of the Emancipation Proclamation. And he did this to what was in reality a separate country- the South had seceded. Sorta comparable to Britain telling America what they could or could not do after the Revolution started.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I'd definitely put Lincoln as Number 1.

Without Lincoln stripping the states of the last vestige of their rights, Wilson would not have been able to implement his brand of garbage so easily.
    I understand your reasoning, but the stuff Lincoln implemented wasn't nearly as damaging or permanent as what Wilson did. Just my personal opinion.

And Lincoln didn't free any Northern slaves- only the Southern slaves were part of the Emancipation Proclamation. And he did this to what was in reality a separate country- the South had seceded. Sorta comparable to Britain telling America what they could or could not do after the Revolution started.
    I wasn't referring to he Emancipation Proclamation, I was referring to emancipation in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I understand your reasoning, but the stuff Lincoln implemented wasn't nearly as damaging or permanent as what Wilson did. Just my personal opinion.

I wasn't referring to he Emancipation Proclamation, I was referring to emancipation in DC.
    Lincoln completely destroyed State's Rights- they are no more. Before Lincoln we were the united States of America; we then became the United States of America.

Wilson may have tricked us into WWI but I am not sure he could have pulled off the FED w/o Lincoln's destruction of states.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Lincoln completely destroyed State's Rights- they are no more. Before Lincoln we were the united States of America; we then became the United States of America.

Wilson may have tricked us into WWI but I am not sure he could have pulled off the FED w/o Lincoln's destruction of states.
    I don't know whether or not he could have done it without Lincoln. I'm not really defending Lincoln, I just think he wasn't nearly as bad as Wilson.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not qualified to say who belongs in a top 10 list, but I certainly agree that many of them have done among the most harm to the country, which would be my criteria. FDR might top my list for worst. Baldwin's reasons are a good summary why I feel that way, though LBJ really delivered the KO as his true successor. Then again, I find Woodrow Wilson truly detestable as a president as well. Also, having read The Real Lincoln by Thomas DiLorenzo, I'm certainly no fan of Abe. I'm not sure where I'd rank Clinton. He may have been the worst human being to hold the office, especially since I'm convinced he's a rapist and serial predator, but despite the corruption, I can't help but feel more have done more harm then Clinton at least as far as growing government. I'd be very surprised if there have been 10 presidents who have done more harm than George W. as well. As for the first Bush, well, he was a lousy president having reneged on his tax promise, but worst of all, set the tone for a post-Cold War foreign policy in entirely the wrong direction. Really accelerating our foolish involvement in the middle east with no threat to our security posed while order twice as many land wars and air wars as Reagan did and in half the time. I tend to think Teddy Roosevelt deserves to be there. The "progressive era" was devastating to our Republic and really set the precedent for government intervening in the economy. Nixon's inclusion is well deserved as well. It's difficult for me to think of too many outside of FDR who have implemented more disastrous economic policies.

Not a bad list, but how could he at least not give (dis)honorable mention to Reagan for his worst presidents list?

6. Barack Obama (Democrat)

Barack Obama set many firsts for America. He is America’s first Muslim President; America’s first Marxist President; and the first President not born to an American citizen or in the United States as required by the U.S. Constitution.

Lol, the confederacy worship is a joke. While Robert E Lee was somewhat anti-slavery, he was still a white supremacist, as a majority of people were in the US was at the time. "Lee Never said anything racist against black people" - Lee quote about black people: " The painful discipline they are undergoing, is necessary for their instruction as a race, & I hope will prepare & lead them to better things. How long their subjugation may be necessary is known & ordered by a wise Merciful Providence."

Was scrolling down, wondering when i'd spot HERBERT HOOVER or ANDREW JOHNSON but didn't, instead
    i saw ten very familiar names that other people often place in a ten best list, though not all of 'em. Grant
    drank but so did Franklin Pierce. At least Chuck Baldwin is consistent and logical. Interesting list, and read.

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

At least Lincoln is in his rightful position.