Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: September here, and college football starting up

I see Bama has a real powerhouse on the schedule today .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post

Note for posterity's sake: I posted this as Georgia fumbled, Ole Miss recovered, and the score stands ate 45-7 near the start of the 4th quarter.
    *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Colorado off to good start- even without our starting QB. Backup is 12- 13 and 113 yards in first quarter and we are up 16-7 (TD extra point blocked) but Oregon scored quickly on their last drive. Oregon QB is 2-4 for 22 yards. Oregon got most of their yards (86 so far) on a single 50 yard run.

Tennessee coming back, wearing their alt colors today. They used to be weird about alt uniforms, and rarely wore them. There was one where they had the navy blue jerseys, looked like UT-Martin. The all orange was supposedly cursed, I think they were wearing all orange when they got beat by U Memphis (formerly Memphis State).
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Tennessee coming back, wearing their alt colors today. They used to be weird about alt uniforms, and rarely wore them. There was one where they had the navy blue jerseys, looked like UT-Martin. The all orange was supposedly cursed, I think they were wearing all orange when they got beat by U Memphis (formerly Memphis State).
    Dobbs is on fire and the Gators have more cramps than a prissy HS girl. Why do I have the feeling this could wind up being another OT game?
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Dobbs is on fire and the Gators have more cramps than a prissy HS girl. Why do I have the feeling this could wind up being another OT game?
    Answer to my own question: Wishful thinking.

That imaginary punch that was called that led to an ejection was hilarious, though.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

My Hoosiers lost by 5 , 33 - 28 ( covered the spread and the over ) . We turned it over 6 times , five picks , one a pick 6 and had FG blocked . The first one of those picks came when we were first and goal on our second possession up 7 - 0 .Too much to overcome , we outscored them 21 - 12 in the second half but were one touchdown short . Looks like the Demon Deacons are 4 - 0 .
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-24-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Game over and Neyland Stadium is still full.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    My Hoosiers lost by 5 , 33 - 28 ( covered the spread and the over ) . We turned it over 6 times , five picks , one a pick 6 and had FG blocked . The first one of those picks came when we were first and goal on our second possession up 7 - 0 .Too much to overcome , we outscored them 21 - 12 in the second half but were one touchdown short .
    Hard to win when you give away the ball that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Hard to win when you give away the ball that much.
    Yeah , it is kind of amazing we were even able to work our way back into the game . Down 21 - 7 at half and still not done turning it over. We turned one over on downs in the 4th while driving in the last five minutes , I think we still would have won if we had converted that one. That was probably the first time they stopped us all day , mostly we just stopped ourselves. Our defense was good enough .Defense is a big improvement over last yr I think.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We just turned the ball over for the second time in the third quarter and have now lost our lead in the game- 33- 38. They (Oregon) scored the last 21 straight points. We controlled the game until that point 33-17. Third quarter just ended.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-24-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Aren't you in Michigan? That must be tough, especially these days. I know I hated seeing UM fans in Ohio when they were kicking our ass every year.
    Buckeye fans are far more passionate than the fans of that team up north. I walked into a high school gym here once and saw Buckeye banners. Apparently the gym teacher was an alumni or something. In Ohio, I can't imagine that happening.

I would like to thank the Buckeyes for letting Coach Knight play there before he went on to Army and IU. Former all state defensive end from Orrville Ohio. While a Buckeye , he played in three consecutive NCAA Championship basketball games.
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-24-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Game over and Neyland Stadium is still full.
    Can't begrudge them the win. Gators imploded --- and they weren't playing THAT well to start with. It's obvious this crew can't hack it at away games. There's still some intriguing talent coming up through the next few years, at least, but this is just not going to be "the year." Even if Florida wins out (which I do not see happening) the odds of winning the SEC are slim, which means any playoff hopes are about gone. It's a wacky year though. Maybe. Just maybe.

It's a messy day in the SEC altogether.

Auburn and LSU are duking it out rather evenly at the moment.

That A&M game tonight could be quite interesting.

Can't begrudge them the win. Gators imploded --- and they weren't playing THAT well to start with. It's obvious this crew can't hack it at away games. There's still some intriguing talent coming up through the next few years, at least, but this is just not going to be "the year." Even if Florida wins out (which I do not see happening) the odds of winning the SEC are slim, which means any playoff hopes are about gone. It's a wacky year though. Maybe. Just maybe.
    The UT-Florida game is usually the one that eliminates the loser from a shot at the national championship, because the winner historically plays for the East in the SEC championship. It's a bit different now, since Missouri joined the SEC, but UT had a lot of good seasons where they wound up in the Cotton Bowl because they got beat by Florida.

Exciting finish on Colorado- Oregon. Colorado took the lead back with a barely- inbounds twisting one- handed catch. Completed two point conversion to the same receiver- Bryce Bobo. CU up by three. Trade possessions. Colorado forced to punt deep in their own territory. Oregon gets it on the 40. Drives down to seven yard line- first and goal. Should be able to score from there. Only forty four seconds remaining. Even a field goal would send the game to overtime. Pass in the endzone picked off! Colorado runs out the clock for a 41- 38 point win.

I am impressed with our back-up quarterback Steven Montez who played the whole game. He is a redshirt freshman and was 23 out of 32 (only two incompletions in the first half) for 333 yards and three touchdown. He also ran for 135 yards and another TD (top rusher on the team). He did have two interceptions which let Oregon back into the game but a very nice outing.

So our only loss so far was at #4 Michigan and we led that one in the second half- can't be too disappointed in that one. Up 24- 21 in the third before our starting QB went out. Michigan beat Penn State today 49- 10.They beat Hawaii 63- 3 too. We really are a good team- finally. Three wins in first four games. Last year we won only four all season and two, four, one, and three in the previous seasons.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-24-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Exciting finish on Colorado- Oregon. Colorado took the lead back with a barely- inbounds twisting one- handed catch. Completed two point conversion to the same receiver- Bryce Bobo. CU up by three. Trade possessions. Colorado forced to punt deep in their own territory. Oregon gets it on the 40. Drives down to seven yard line- first and goal. Should be able to score from there. Only forty four seconds remaining. Even a field goal would send the game to overtime. Pass in the endzone picked off! Colorado runs out the clock for a 41- 38 point win.

I am impressed with our back-up quarterback who played the whole game. He is a redshirt freshman and was 23 out of 32 (only two incompletions in the first half) for 333 yards and three touchdown. He also ran for 135 yards and another TD (top rusher on the team). He did have two interceptions which let Oregon back into the game but a very nice outing.

So our only loss so far was at #4 Michigan and we led that one in the second half- can't be too disappointed in that one. Michigan beat Penn State today 49- 10.They beat Hawaii 63- 3 too. We really are a good team- finally. Three wins in first four games. Last year we won only four all season and two, four, one, and three in the previous seasons.
    Your 20 yr old QB did good .

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Army , up 20 - 13 with the ball & 8 1/2 to go . If they can get this win in , they are 4 - 0 .

He actually has had a lot of practice with the team. Our starter, Sefo Liufau, had a lisfanc injury which is a weird foot injury last season. The injury can be very slow to heal and it was uncertain if he would even be able to play at all this season. Stevens got most of the pre-season reps. He was zero of seven coming in against Michigan. Cal's starting QB- transfer David Webb- had said he would transfer to Colorado this year and even registered before changing his mind. That made Montez the #1 should Sefo not be able to return. Sefo was Pac 12 Player of the Week the first week of the season.

Yeah- not bad for a first career start!
    1-0 in conference. Our best season since joining the Pac12 is only two conference wins. Not your old Colorado Buffaloes.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-24-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Lisfranc on an x-ray looks a lot like if the foot was run over by a car.

The all orange is much better than whatever that was today.

The all orange is much better than whatever that was today.

It was LSU who beat them when they wore the all orange in 2007:

I see Bama has a real powerhouse on the schedule today .
    One of the toughest squads we had left on the schedule!

That LSU-Auburn game hurt my heart. Les Miles' days in Death Valley have got to be numbered.

Ole Miss and The Aggies looked pretty good. UT looked really good; I pray that they can handle UGA and A&M in their next two games, but both are on the road.

Some good match-ups next week Stanford-UDub Friday and a good Saturday slate with Louisville-Clemson, UT-Georgia, and Wisky-Michigan

Roll Tide
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It was LSU who beat them when they wore the all orange in 2007:

The days of LSU beating people has suddenly ended. The SEC was full of ranked teams that did not belong at the start of the season . They will start being weeded out soon. Most of them would not be able to beat Notre Dame ( 1 - 3 )
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-25-2016 at 06:56 PM.

$#@! the Aggies! making TCU loo bad

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    can't complain though because Duke beat Notre Dame!!! anybody watch the game? going to look for a replay online

Rumor is , they fired Les Miles today . I would not look for that to help this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse James View Post
    can't complain though because Duke beat Notre Dame!!! anybody watch the game? going to look for a replay online
    Most Notre Dame games are good , many go down to the last possession .

it was a great game! there's a 30 minute video of the entire game on youtube

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast