Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: September here, and college football starting up

Jan2017

September here, and college football starting up

We have already had the college football season open - last Saturday, in Sydney, Australia with the Cal Bears 51-31 over Hawai'i,
    with games yesterday in the states, Tennessee Vols over Appalachian State in OT 20-13, and Louisville Cardinals 70-14 over Charlotte.

Tonight, the Colorado State Rams and the Buffs collide at Denver for their start of the season.

On Saturday, defending champs Alabama host USC . . . among all the rest.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The most important month in baseball has just started and will determine who gets into the playoffs and beyond. Regarding college football, I just hope MSU beats UM cause I can't stand the smarmy liberal creeps that are UM fans.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    The most important month in baseball has just started . . .
    Regarding college football, I just hope MSU beats UM cause I can't stand the smarmy liberal creeps that are UM fans.
    Yes, September MLB determines just who are gonna be "the boys of October"

And as far as colleges and football and fans/alumni are, it seems to have a certain level of intensity other sports don't always have
    with a closer relationship than pro sports because of either a piece of parchment or student debt or both some may have.

[B]Did Appalachian State cover the spread ? Sadder news , last week my High School lost to the larger school cross town rival 30 - 13 after leading in the third quarter and a wide receiver playing QB due to injury to the starting QB ( who missed the entire season last year, and is the punter as well ) as we went on to a state championship . Maybe they can bounce back tonight.
    Last edited by oyarde; 09-02-2016 at 03:50 PM.

Maybe my Hoosiers can go 3 - 0 for the Oct 1 meetup with Michigan State , we scored 22 4th quarter points to get the first win , next two are possible .

Nine minutes to Half , the Black Knights are hanging tough with Temple .

The most important month in baseball has just started and will determine who gets into the playoffs and beyond. Regarding college football, I just hope MSU beats UM cause I can't stand the smarmy liberal creeps that are UM fans.
    My Giants have been $#@!ty after the All Star break. Hopefully we at least hang on to the lead in the Wild Card race. We're used to winning the World Series from the Wild Card round anyway
    I am the spoon.

Army needs this win and the next to have a shot at winning 6 games this season.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Michigan State not looking impressive against the Paladins .

I was at the Tennessee game last night. The vibe was not good. If they had lost people would have been jumping off of the back of Neyland Stadium. Im afraid the hype train has gone off the rails for the Volunteers.

The Black Knights have those Owls on the ropes now . Up 28 -13 with 2:00 to go .

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    My Giants have been $#@!ty after the All Star break. Hopefully we at least hang on to the lead in the Wild Card race. We're used to winning the World Series from the Wild Card round anyway
    Aren't you guys supposed to win the title in the even number years? They joke about that on our sports talk here in metro Detroit.

Yeah baby , Daddy is makin' money now , , seems like I always start out strong .

Aren't you guys supposed to win the title in the even number years? They joke about that on our sports talk here in metro Detroit.
    We are supposed to. We've won it in 2010, 2012 and 2014.

#EvenYear

Also bad memory on my earlier post. We won in 2010 and 2012 as division winners. 2014 we won from the Wild Card. I thought we won from the Wild Card twice.
    I am the spoon.

Our hapless Commodores had a very nice first half against South Carolina, but they have typically struggled in the second half, and that was again the problem last night. Coach Mason seems to be a good teacher, though, and I think he has done some things with Vanderbilt that will serve them well this year. Last year we could see a marked difference in their defensive awareness, and that was a big plus. I see some more determination on offense, so perhaps we will see a more interesting team.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I could go for a repeat of 1967 , with my Hoosiers winning the Big Ten and making the Rose Bowl .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully , Danke will take me to a bowl game this season.

Roll Tide
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    I was at the Tennessee game last night. The vibe was not good. If they had lost people would have been jumping off of the back of Neyland Stadium. Im afraid the hype train has gone off the rails for the Volunteers.
    #10 is on its way Smokey.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Appalachian State almost knocked off a big name school ten years later.

I have to admit though, that Smokey is still the best mascot (sorry UGA, you're a close second )

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    Some of these FCS teams are not pushovers. They are finding ways to attract more FBS transfers and get them on the field quicker. OVC teams like JSU and EKU can often compete with the bigger schools. JSU beat Ole Miss a few years ago. That being said, UT has a OVC team coming in a few weeks they shouldn't have a problem with; they have some FBS transfers, but also a new coach and massive turnover from last year's team.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Some of these FCS teams are not pushovers. They are finding ways to attract more FBS transfers and get them on the field quicker. OVC teams like JSU and EKU can often compete with the bigger schools. JSU beat Ole Miss a few years ago. That being said, UT has a OVC team coming in a few weeks they shouldn't have a problem with; they have some FBS transfers, but also a new coach and massive turnover from last year's team.
    App State is FBS now; they moved up a couple of years ago.

JSU had a slew of SEC transfers a few years back probably headlined by Ryan Perrilloux who ended up having a decent career there after another suspension. You're right though, parity is pretty good in college football right now and that makes our current dynasty all the more impressive to my very biased eyes.

Are you a Tennessee Tech fan?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    We have already had the college football season open - last Saturday, in Sydney, Australia with the Cal Bears 51-31 over Hawai'i,
    with games yesterday in the states, Tennessee Vols over Appalachian State in OT 20-13, and Louisville Cardinals 70-14 over Charlotte.

Tonight, the Colorado State Rams and the Buffs collide at Denver for their start of the season.

On Saturday, defending champs Alabama host USC . . . among all the rest.
    Go Buffs! Off to a great start- 44-7 rout of interstate rival! Looking better on both sides of the ball. Pac12 is going to be tough as always though. Plus play at #7 Michigan in non- conference in two weeks.

Forced four turnovers. Only "power five" team to force a turnover in every game last season.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-03-2016 at 12:21 AM.

I remember when Colorado State was competitive and fun to watch .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good day already.

Oklahoma goes down to a good looking Houston squad and Mississippi State going down to a Sun Belt team (check that out CPUd) in South Alabama!

Roll Tide!!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    Good day already.

Oklahoma goes down to a good looking Houston squad and Mississippi State going down to a Sun Belt team (check that out CPUd) in South Alabama!

Roll Tide!!
    I expected Houston to compete for the win , the other was something .

The Northwestern loss , I would consider a big upset , but I think LSU will have its hands full.

Got on the t-shirt Mr Animal bought me for my birthday last year. Mine's gray, not black, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The Northwestern loss , I would consider a big upset , but I think LSU will have its hands full.
    They do. There is no excuse for LSU's offensive ineptitude; the powers that be will regret being bullied into keeping Les Miles.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'll be interested to see what Kirby will do with Georgia. There has never been a lack of talent in Athens, but they just haven't been able to put it together.

I surely hated to see him leave Tuscaloosa, but it was just a matter of time. Good luck.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast