Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: September here, and college football starting up

[QUOTE=Suzanimal;6395446]Mr Animal rooting for Alabama. I'm pulling for Clemson just to spice things up.[/UOTE]

A guy from Buffalo cheering for Bama ....... hard to picture . I am not sure Buffalo native Bemus Pierce ( Carlisle College 1894 - 1897 ) would approve . In 1899 Chicago and Sewanee were undefeated . Harvard and Princeton were thought to be two of the best . Sewanee , with 13 players made a 6 day road trip with five games , all shutout wins over Ole Miss , Texas A & M , LSU , Texas and Tulane .
    Last edited by oyarde; 01-10-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    Do something Danke

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Carlisle Indians had about a .650 winning percentage from 1893 to 1917 .
    Do something Danke

When I am gone I worry there will be no one to help you all with 1890's football trivia .
    Do something Danke

That was a bit of a surprise. Even though our Ole Miss quarterback Chad Kelly chose Clemson to win I still thought it was going to be Alabama right up to those last few minutes. Even though SEC lost I'm secretly kinda glad Alabama got put in their place. Ain't no one but Ole Miss beat them in the last few years so I guess now Clemson can make the same claim...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This game was going to the team who had the ball last. Clemson was smart to let the clock run down in the end, and also do the onside kick. I would not have wanted Alabama with the ball even for 1 second.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Jan2017

Last second touchdown . . .

[QUOTE=oyarde;6395471]
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Mr Animal rooting for Alabama. I'm pulling for Clemson just to spice things up.[/UOTE]

A guy from Buffalo cheering for Bama ....... hard to picture . I am not sure Bemus Pierce ( Carlisle College 1894 - 1897 ) would approve . In 1899 Chicago and Sewanee were undefeated . Harvard and Princeton were thought to be two of the best . Sewanee , with 13 players made a 6 day road trip with five games , all shutout wins over Ole Miss , Texas A & M , LSU , Texas and Tulane .
    Mr Animal has formula for who he roots for. If his alma mater, the Buff State Bengals, had been playing, he would root for them.

Here's the order in which he roots for teams

1. Buffalo teams
    2. New York teams - NOT teams that have New York in the name but play in New Jersey. That pisses him off, don't get him started. WITH THE EXCEPTION of the New York Islanders. He hates them. He says they play dirty because they injured a Sabres player back in the 1970s. Mr Animal is committed to his sports grudges.
    3. Georgia teams
    4. Teams that are good for business - Case in point, Alabama. (exceptions are the Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, and New York Islanders. Mr Animal will not sell his soul and root for those teams for any amount of money)
    5. Teams whose win will help one of his favorite teams - with the above exceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

[QUOTE=Suzanimal;6395526]
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post

Mr Animal has formula for who he roots for. If his alma mater, the Buff State Bengals, had been playing, he would root for them.

Here's the order in which he roots for teams
    I see his point about the Cowboys. I have hated them since they beat my Vikings in an NFC Championship game on a hail mary , plus there is Jerry Jones . LOL
    1. Buffalo teams
    2. New York teams - NOT teams that have New York in the name but play in New Jersey. That pisses him off, don't get him started. WITH THE EXCEPTION of the New York Islanders. He hates them. He says they play dirty because they injured a Sabres player back in the 1970s. Mr Animal is committed to his sports grudges.
    3. Georgia teams
    4. Teams that are good for business - Case in point, Alabama. (exceptions are the Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, and New York Islanders. Mr Animal will not sell his soul and root for those teams for any amount of money)
    5. Teams whose win will help one of his favorite teams - with the above exceptions.
    I see his point about the Cowboys
    Do something Danke

I see his point about the Cowboys
    He hates them for beating the Bills in some important game years ago, I think. It's hard to keep up with his sports grudges.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

He hates them for beating the Bills in some important game years ago, I think. It's hard to keep up with his sports grudges.
    I have many sports grudges, it's just that I can't remember them anymore...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Speaking of grudges, WTF was Steve Spurrier doing on the field during the coin toss between 2 teams he used to beat the crap out of? They were all booing him.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Speaking of grudges, WTF was Steve Spurrier doing on the field during the coin toss between 2 teams he used to beat the crap out of? They were all booing him.
    His " just got elected to college Hall of Fame tour " .
    Do something Danke

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They beat muh Vikings in an NFC Championship game one yr on a hail mary and denied me my Super Bowl win and they have Jerry Jones . That is equivalent to getting the clap from yer girlfriend.
    Do something Danke

Michigan's Peppers declares for NFL draft .
    Do something Danke

They beat muh Vikings in an NFC Championship game one yr on a hail mary and denied me my Super Bowl win and they have Jerry Jones . That is equivalent to getting the clap from yer girlfriend.
    Yeah, Mr A hates Jerry Jones but he begrudgingly admits they had one of the (what he considers) greatest quarterbacks ever. I forgot his name. He went on and on about quarterbacks the other night and he lost me in the first sentence. I smiled and pretended to listen, though.

Muh Hoosiers basketball team is hanging tough on the road in Maryland so far tonight .
    Do something Danke

Man, Clemson sure cut that last play close.

And speaking more of grudges, I once saw guests Tommy Lasorda and Reggie Jackson on Monday Night Baseball. This was just a few years ago, but you could tell Lasorda was still mad at Jackson for the ball that hit Jackson's leg between first and second. This was the 1978 World Series and I will bet Lasorda is still mad. Just like Madden with the Immaculate Reception. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Senior Bowl was hard to watch with those uniforms .
    Do something Danke

Jan2017

Senior Bowl was hard to watch with those uniforms .
    Post reminds me of the old, classic College All-Star game with the top draftees played as the first pre-season game
    vs. the Super Bowl Champs in August.

I think it was a great game for fans, but money too big now to have No. 1 picks miss a couple weeks with their new pro teams I guess.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627