Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Starvation of Yemen

I’ve caught the terrorist United Nations blatantly lying once again…

According to UNICEF:
    Over 5,000 children have been killed by Saudi Arabia's war on Yemen since it began in March 2015, says a report by the UN children's agency.
    (…)
    The report published by UNICEF on Tuesday, noted that the Saudi war had killed "an average of five children every day since March 2015."
    (…)
    More than 13,600 people have been killed since the onset of the Saudi-led war on Yemen in 2015.
    http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/0...hildren-killed
    (archived here: http://archive.is/a6tYF)

In December 2016, UNICEF already knew that:
    At least one child dies every 10 minutes in Yemen. That’s the conclusion of a report just published by the U.N. children’s agency, UNICEF. The report also found that there has been a 200 percent increase since 2014 in children suffering from severe acute malnutrition, with almost half a million affected. Nearly 2.2 million children are in need of urgent care.
    https://www.democracynow.org/2016/12...g_the_us_could
    (archived here: http://archive.is/nE6An)

At least one child dies every 10 minutes in Yemen” means that more than a thousand children died every single week from starvation in 2016 (more than 52,000 a year)…
    Since then the human catastrophe has gotten even worse, at this moment at least one child Yemeni child dies of preventable causes every 5 minutes (more than 104,000 a year)…

Technically speaking, calling 100,000 dying Yemeni children “Over 5,000 children” isn’t a lie, but it surely is misleading…
    There’s no denying that saying “the Saudi war had killed an average of five children every day since March 2015” is a blatant falsehood!
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

now...
    UAE v. KSA in Yemen

After 3 years of war... (2015)
    Saudis (puppet gov 'Hadi loyalists') not only weren't able to capture the Yemeni capital, Sanaa (from Ansurallah/Houthi functioning gov't)
    but
    they are now losing the second largest city in the country, Aden
    to Anti-Hadi/Pro-UAE loyalists.... now battling their own 'allies' from the awesome coalition.

Fierce Aden Clashes Split Saudi 'Coalition' in Yemen
    http://www.yemenweek.com/article/535...ion_in_Yemen_/
    Last edited by goldenequity; 01-28-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Fighting continues in Aden, after separatist forces took control of government buildings there Jan. 28, The Daily Star reported Jan. 29. Yemeni Prime Minister Ahmed bin Dagher called the seizure of the buildings an attempted coup and held a Cabinet meeting overnight.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...ment-buildings
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Welcome Back to the Map, South Yemen!

The news just broke that the “Southern Resistance Forces” (SRF), the armed wing of the “Southern Transitional Council” (STC), the political branch of the “Southern Movement” that’s colloquially referred to as “al-Hirak”), just liberated the former South Yemeni capital of Aden from Hadi’s government following three days of intense clashes in the internationally recognized authorities’ interim headquarters. The latest reports indicate that a few dozen representatives are trapped in the presidential palace and that the Prime Minister is getting ready to flee just like President Hadi did back in 2015 when the North Yemeni-originating Houthi militants attacked the Southern city in the days before the Saudi-led intervention.
    South vs South:
    There’s practically no way that Hadi’s Administration will ever regain legitimacy in any part of the nominally unified country after being forcibly removed from its Northern and now Southern halves, with the latest events made all the more symbolic because the twice-ousted government is ironically led by a native Southerner. That doesn’t mean that he was beloved by his native people, however, since he turned against their separatist cause during the 1994 civil war and was consequently rewarded by recently slain former President Saleh as Yemen’s Vice-President. Following the theater-wide “Arab Spring” Color Revolution, Saleh was pressured into stepping down and was replaced by Hadi, who failed to solve the state’s endemic corruption and actually exacerbated the African-like tribal conflicts in this peninsular country.

More at: http://www.eurasiafuture.com/2018/01...p-south-yemen/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Welcome Back to the Map, South Yemen!

The news just broke that the “Southern Resistance Forces” (SRF), the armed wing of the “Southern Transitional Council” (STC), the political branch of the “Southern Movement” that’s colloquially referred to as “al-Hirak”), just liberated the former South Yemeni capital of Aden from Hadi’s government following three days of intense clashes in the internationally recognized authorities’ interim headquarters. The latest reports indicate that a few dozen representatives are trapped in the presidential palace and that the Prime Minister is getting ready to flee just like President Hadi did back in 2015 when the North Yemeni-originating Houthi militants attacked the Southern city in the days before the Saudi-led intervention.
    South vs South:
    There’s practically no way that Hadi’s Administration will ever regain legitimacy in any part of the nominally unified country after being forcibly removed from its Northern and now Southern halves, with the latest events made all the more symbolic because the twice-ousted government is ironically led by a native Southerner. That doesn’t mean that he was beloved by his native people, however, since he turned against their separatist cause during the 1994 civil war and was consequently rewarded by recently slain former President Saleh as Yemen’s Vice-President. Following the theater-wide “Arab Spring” Color Revolution, Saleh was pressured into stepping down and was replaced by Hadi, who failed to solve the state’s endemic corruption and actually exacerbated the African-like tribal conflicts in this peninsular country.

More at: http://www.eurasiafuture.com/2018/01...p-south-yemen/
    Nice background piece... learned several new things about the bare footed, khat chewin warriors with the whitest smiles on Earth.
    I know they 'hate' us... I just certainly don't take that personally.
    I hope and pray for them and want them to heal and the suffering to stop. Like RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------

Yemen

@JulianAssange blasts US ‘subservience to Saudis’ as Trump triples drone strikes in Yemen
    https://www.rt.com/news/417397-yemen...s-trump-saudi/
    Last edited by goldenequity; 01-31-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    I know they 'hate' us... I just certainly don't take that personally.
    I hope and pray for them and want them to heal and the suffering to stop. Like RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I could understand it, if the Yemenis hate an international community that does nothing to help them.
    I think that anybody that reads this thread, sees that "we" (as in the ones who post this information) want the genocide of Yemen to stop immediately.

I've seen one video (probably posted in this thread), where a US camera team makes a video of protests against the US and Saudi Arabia.
    One of the protesters is interviewed, to explain that "we" (as in the Yemenis) don't blame the US population, because most people in the US don't support the genocide of Yemen.

When I visited North Yemen (South Yemen was "Communist") in 1989, one of the things that struck me was the large amount of wild dogs. I can't imagaine that a lot of dogs are still alive...

Possibly the split of Yemen into South and North (which is more like East and West...) was done intentionally, because this makes it easier to finish off North Yemen (which is roughly the part of Yemen controlled by the Houthis).
    Last edited by Firestarter; 02-01-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Negotiations among the German political factions of the CDU, CSU, and Social Democrats on the formation of a new coalition government are still ongoing.
    They could only make such a decision after the formation has been completed...

What makes this story even less convincing, is that in April 2017 Saudi Deputy Economy Minister Mohammed al-Tuwaijri told Der Spiegel that good relations with Berlin are more important than arms:
    We accept the German reticence with regard to exports to Saudi Arabia; we know the political background.
    We will not cause any more problems for the German government with new requests for weapons
    http://www.dw.com/en/saudi-arabia-wa...ort/a-38647662

In the third quarter of 2017, German government approved nearly €150 million weapons export to Saudi Arabia.
    Egypt, which also actively participates in the war against Yemen, received nearly €300 million worth of weapons in that period.
    The 2 countries imported €45 million and €41 million respectively in the third quarter of 2016.

German arms exports to Saudi Arabia surged in 2012, and have remained high in the following years: http://www.dw.com/en/germany-quintup...ypt/a-41370500

According to head of the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) Mark Lowcock:
    The situation in Yemen – today, right now, to the population of the country – looks like the apocalypse.
    Unless the situation changes, we’re going to have the world’s worst humanitarian disaster for 50 years
    http://www.yemenpress.org/yemen/yeme...-50-years.html

Stories that Yemen could become the world’s worst humanitarian disaster in the world, have been going on for more than 2 years.
    It’s the same UN that supports this genocide...

To divert attention from what’s going on, United Nations humanitarian coordinator for Yemen, Jamie McGoldrick, announced his resignation, 2 days after the UN envoy for the country said he would step down:
    This is my last day here in Sana’a.
    I leave Yemen with a great deal of mixed emotion... sadness because of the suffering that is taking place, frustration because we haven't been able to do more for the people in this country.
    And at the same time, more and more people have become vulnerable because of this crisis.
    http://www.yemenweek.com/article/533...n_Frustration/

Jamie McGoldrick will simply continue his career on his next assignment...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    US Airstrikes in Yemen Have Increased Sixfold Under Trump

131 US Airstrikes Reported in Yemen in 2017

the number of US airstrikes being carried out has increased precipitously since President Trump took office, with 21 airstrikes on Yemen reported in 2016, and a more than sixfold increase leaving the 2017 figure at 131 strikes. 10 have been reported so far in January of 2018, suggesting that the escalation continues. …
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Yemen:

Truly bizarre, considering the UK's extensive involvement in helping Saudi Arabia wage war in Yemen. May as well appoint a Saudi.

AFP: UN chief set to appoint Briton Martin Griffiths as Yemen envoy
    https://sg.news.yahoo.com/un-chief-s...025552705.html

Yemen:

Hussain Albukhaiti- @HussainBukhaiti
    7/March
    Saudi UAE strikes (fully backed by UK US) on 2 bedouins tents in Saada Yemen killed and injured 12ppl mostly children

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX1OmwCWAAAYy3b.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX1On3RXUAAQ7Yi.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DX1OowcXkAADL7l.jpg:large

A 100,000-dollar American missile, launched by a 20 million-dollar plane that flies at a cost of 6000 dollars/hour
    to kill people who live on less than $1 a day in Yemen.

Emissaries from Saudi Arabia and Yemen's rebel Houthi militant group are holding secret talks to discuss an end to the long-running conflict, Reuters reported March 15, citing diplomats and Yemeni political sources.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...iscuss-end-war

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

On March 21, the Houthi insurgency in Yemen, also known as the Houthi rebellion, reportedly shot down a Saudi Arabian McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle, in the northwestern region of war-torn Yemen, cited Sputnik.

A source within the Yemeni air defenses told Saba News Agency that Houthi rebels launched a surface-to-air missile (SAM), and “managed to hit an F-15 aircraft belonging to the aggression [Saudi Arabia], carrying out criminal and hostile raids over the city of Saada.”

The source confirmed to Saba that Houthi rebels carried out “monitoring and targeting of the aircraft [F-15] with the latest defense technology developed locally successfully.”
    This alleged footage had surfaced on social media of the moment when Houthi rebels launched a surface-to-air missile (SAM) — striking the F-15 fighter jet, which caused the warplane to erupt in flames at high altitudes.
    FOOTAGE: #Yemen|i army & resistance shoots down a #Saudi F-15 over Sa’dah governorate by SAM. (21 march 2018)pic.twitter.com/I4tpLqxAnW
    — 24 Resistance Axis (@Syria_Hezb_Iran) March 21, 2018
    #Yemen#Houthi rebels have damaged a Saudi F-15 warplane near Sa'da. pic.twitter.com/7PCErloeQQ
    — Mr. Revinsky (@MrKyruer) March 21, 2018
    Meanwhile, the spokesman of the Saudi Arabian-led coalition forces, Colonel Turki al-Maliki said the warplane was struck at 15:48 local time (1248 GMT) by a surface-to-air missile (SAM) launched from Saada airport camp in Yemen. Al-Maliki noted that the plane received minimal damage from the strike and managed to return to a Saudi Arabian airbase.
    Al-Maliki stressed that the surface-to-air missile (SAM) was “not included in the Yemeni government arms arsenal…and that this is another proof of Iranian weapons smuggling to the Shiite rebels in Yemen.”
    Three years into the 2015 Saudi-led invasion of Yemen, Iran has long denied smuggling weapons to the Yemeni rebels. According to SouthFront, their team of experts alleges the unidentified warplane was hit by “what appears to be a Soviet-made R-27T missile.”
    A video released by the Houthis media wing clearly showed an unidentified warplane being hit by what appears to be a Soviet made R-27T missile. The Saudi-led collation revealed last November that the he Houthis had managed to turn Soviet-made R-27T air-to-air missiles into ground-to-air missiles.
    The R-27T is guided by infrared homing, and has the “fire and forget” feature, which makes it easy to convert it into a ground-to-air missile. The R-27T’s range is 70km when it’s launched from air. Nonetheless, the missile will have a shorter range when the missile it is launched from the ground. The Saudi-led coalition has not commented on the incident yet, likely because the warplane managed to return to its home airbase or crashed in an area under the coalition control.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...ter-over-yemen

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Saudi Arabia's state news agency on Sunday reported that at least one person was dead after a missile attack launched against the capital of Riyadh by Houthi rebels in Yemen.
    The Saudi Press Agency reported that at least one person was killed and two others were injured after the attack, according to the Associated Press.

The Saudi air force said earlier that it had intercepted a missile over the capital, and the attack had been targeting the King Khalid International Airport, Reuters reported.

More at: http://thehill.com/policy/defense/38...ack-from-yemen

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Saudi Arabia's state news agency on Sunday reported that at least one person was dead after a missile attack launched against the capital of Riyadh by Houthi rebels in Yemen.
    The Saudi Press Agency reported that at least one person was killed and two others were injured after the attack, according to the Associated Press.

The Saudi air force said earlier that it had intercepted a missile over the capital, and the attack had been targeting the King Khalid International Airport, Reuters reported.

More at: http://thehill.com/policy/defense/38...ack-from-yemen
    Today's lesson: Fire 1 missile at Riyadh. Let the Saudis do the rest.

A military coalition led by Saudi Arabia on Monday threatened retaliation against Iran, accusing the Shiite power of being behind a barrage of Yemeni rebel missile attacks on the kingdom.Saudi forces said they intercepted seven missiles on Sunday, including over the capital Riyadh, in a deadly escalation that coincided with the third anniversary of the coalition's intervention in Yemen.
    Displaying wreckage at a news conference in Riyadh of what it said were fragments of those missiles, the coalition claimed forensic analysis showed they were supplied to Huthi rebels by their ally Iran.
    We "reserve the right to respond against Iran at the right time and right place", coalition spokesman Turki al-Malki told reporters.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/yemen-reb...101205802.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

We "reserve the right to respond against Iran at the right time and right place", coalition spokesman Turki al-Malki told reporters.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/yemen-reb...101205802.html
    Here we go....

meanwhile...

A fire broke out at the Houthi-controlled Yemeni port of al-Hudaydah on March 31, destroying warehouses filled with cooking fuel and foodstuffs, Reuters reported. Port workers told Reuters the fire appeared to have been caused by an electrical short circuit.

More at: https://worldview.stratfor.com/situa...s-aid-supplies

I'm sure it was just an accident.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Yemen:

Fares Shehabi
    This newest massacre in Yemen in the direct result of the Saudi crown prince visit to the White House! Sensitive (+18)

*GRAPHIC* (very.. don't clik if you can't handle this. G. worst I've seen.)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ1qZKJXUAE3KoN.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ1qZKQWAAEkguQ.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ1qZKMW0AAJiad.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZ1qZKFXkAAzgAi.jpg:large

Should be reminded that US just admitted that they are directly planning Saudi operations in Yemen...

3/30/18 ANTIWAR.COM
    US Admits "Doing The Planning" For Saudi Strikes In Yemen
    https://news.antiwar.com/2018/03/28/...ikes-in-yemen/

==========

Campbell Training
    BREAKING: Reports that a large Saudi Arabian oil tanker has been hit by ballistic missiles fired from Yemen and that the tanker may be sinking

UPDATE
    The Houthis movement hit a Saudi oil tanker in the Red Sea near Yemen's main port city of Hodeidah Al-Arabiya TV, citing the Saudi-led coalition statement.
    According to the broadcaster, the oil tanker sustained slight damage from the attack and maintained its course.
    https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/2...arrier-saudis/

so... maybe sinking maybe not... wait 2 C
    Last edited by goldenequity; 04-03-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Houthi rebels in Yemen upped the ante on Wednesday, firing ballistic missiles over Riyadh, according to the Houthis, in retaliation for air raids by a Saudi-led coalition.
    The Royal Saudi Air Defense intercepted at least one ballistic missile over Riyadh on Wednesday. Multiple blasts were heard, and plumes of smoke could be seen from the capital.

Yemen’s rebel Houthi movement launched earlier on Wednesday drone strikes on a Saudi Aramco facility and on an airport in Saudi Arabia, Houthi-owned Al-Masirah TV channel reported on Wednesday.
    Aramco says that its plants are operating normally and safely, Reuters reports.
    The Iran-aligned Yemeni rebels, who have been fighting a Saudi-led Arab coalition in Yemen since 2015, said that they targeted on Wednesday morning local time the Abha airport in Asir and Aramco in Jazan, according to the Houthis’ Al-Masirah outlet.
    Saudi Aramco has a 400,000-bpd refinery in Jazan in the country’s southwest. The refinery is part of a project for a Jazan Economic City that will also contain a terminal.

According to the Houthis, the Abha airport has suspended flights following the drone air strike.

More at: https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...acilities.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Saudi Media Claims Houthis Are Holding 19 Oil Tankers Hostage Off Yemeni Coast

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-23/saudi-media-claims-houthis-are-holding-19-oil-tankers-hostage-yemeni-coast

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I supposed we should expect Trump and the neocons to launch 105 missiles into Saudi Arabia any minute now. Right?

The U.S.-backed Saudi coalition just killed dozens of civilians in Yemen. Where’s the outrage?

Over the past week, the Saudi-led coalition in Yemen conducted a series of bombings killing dozens of innocent people, including children. …

Late Sunday, the Saudi-coalition bombed a wedding party, killing more than 20 people and wounding dozens more. Reports have placed the death toll between 33 to as high as 50, with most of the victims being women and children. A separate strike reportedly killed a family of five and on Monday the Saudi-led coalition bombed a gas station, killing 18 people and injuring 13 more. …

Last December, they killed 68 civilians in a single day. In 2016, they bombed a funeral and killed 140 people.

All the while, the United States has supported the Saudi war in Yemen with arms sales, logistical support and refueling assistance. … America’s routine complicity in heinous acts of violence, including Saudi Arabia’s killings of dozens of civilians in the past few days. … We sell them the planes and the bombs. We provide intel and help them select the targets. We refuel their planes mid attack.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-27-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    US Airstrikes in Yemen Have Increased Sixfold Under Trump

131 US Airstrikes Reported in Yemen in 2017

the number of US airstrikes being carried out has increased precipitously since President Trump took office, with 21 airstrikes on Yemen reported in 2016, and a more than sixfold increase leaving the 2017 figure at 131 strikes. 10 have been reported so far in January of 2018, suggesting that the escalation continues. …
    So, more Trump Peace Prize activities?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ula-Bargaining
    There is no spoon.

According to the UK government they cannot control, or even know, how the recipients of UK weapons (including Saudi Arabia) will use them. They only assess the risk of their misuse prior to authorising or denying the sale.
    On 10 July 2017, the UK High Court ruled that the UK’s supplies of military aircraft, munitions and other military equipment used by Saudi Arabia during the genocide of Yemen were lawful under UK export control law, despite that law’s prohibition “if there is a clear risk that the items might be used in the commission of a serious violation of international humanitarian law.
    Thanks to the terrorist UN supporting the genocide…

According to Minister for the Armed Forces, Mike Penning, on 15 September 2016:
    There are around 100 military personnel based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, including at the Defence section within the British Embassy Riyadh; providing mentoring and advice to the Saudi Arabian National Guard, as part of the British Military Mission to the Saudi Arabian National Guard; personnel working on the Saudi Arabia National Guard Communications Project… and personnel working on the Ministry of Defence Saudi armed forces Projects, supporting the United Kingdom’s commitment to the defence of Saudi Arabia through the supply of modern military aircraft, naval vessels, weapons and associated support services to the Saudi armed forces.
    I wouldn’t dare to call those “100 military personnel” an explicit lie, but akin to “bending” the truth…

There are around 7000 “civil” employees (both UK nationals and non-UK nationals) working for UK contractors in Saudi Arabia to train, install, maintain and help operate UK-supplied aircraft and other military equipment, including the Tornado IDS fighter-bombers and Typhoon fighters – almost 50% of combat aircraft force of the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF).
    Many of the UK “civilians” assisting the RSAF in genocide are former UK Royal Air Force, UK Army, Royal Australian Air Force and other ex-military personnel, doing essentially the same in Saudi Arabia as they did in military service.

One employee described his work for the RSAF:
    Our contracts said we were trainers, we weren’t supposed to be necessarily operational. But we became operational. When they started bombing Yemen, a big question came up because we were still doing a lot of the work, when all of a sudden someone must have asked questions and went to both governments… and we were pulled back, not to do any of the physical [work], we could assist but we weren’t to do any of the physical work because we weren’t really supposed to be involved in that conflict
    (…)
    The theory was we weren’t supposed to do the job, the way it was sort of structured… it was easier to get us to do the job… so we ended up doing a lot of roles that we weren’t necessarily contracted to do…

[Interviewer: “And what was the work?”]
    Well, putting weapons on aircraft, and getting aircraft prepped to go and bomb Yemen.
    So when UK ministers tell the deaf, dumb and blind Parliament that “UK personnel” are “not involved in carrying out strikes or selecting targets [in Yemen] and are not involved in the Saudi targeting process”; this isn’t an explicit lie, but another case of “bending” the truth…

There are actually “secret” government-to-government agreements that show that the UK-Saudi agreement includes a blanket commitment for UK personnel to remain available in Saudi Arabia for “arming and support” of UK-supplied weapons, not depending on the conflict’s lawfulness. Under these agreements, the ‘hardware’ is part of the deal. Much of what is supplied is: in-person services.

Between 1986 and 1989, the UK supplied 500 BL-755 cluster bombs to Saudi Arabia. In December 2016, after repeated UK and Saudi government denials, both governments finally admitted that RSAF had dropped these cluster bombs in the current genocide of Yemen.

Some UK employees have claimed that they protested against financial corruption within their programme.
    Shortly after an employee raised these concerns with the UK MOD, the (expatriate) CEO of the UK contractor which employed them, threatened the employee with arrest and imprisonment by the Saudi police on grounds of theft of the evidence of this corruption.

More examples of “bending” the truth, by crooked UK politricksters...

Minister of State, Lord Ahmad of Wimbledon, on 15 November 2017:
    The UK is not directly involved with the Saudi-led coalition.
    Minister of State for Defence Procurement, Philip Dunne, on 24 May 2016:
    I can categorically reassure the honourable Lady and this House that no British planes have been involved in this coalition effort at all, let alone in dropping cluster munitions — that is the potential allegation.
    (…)
    There is no British involvement in the coalition in targeting or weaponising aircraft to undertake missions.
    More in the report “UK Personnel Supporting the Saudi Armed Forces – Risk, Knowledge and Accountability” (217): http://www.mikelewisresearch.com/RSAFfinal.pdf

Also interesting is the support by employees of BAE Systems, EADS and associated companies to Saudi Arabia between 2000 and 2016.
    Job specifications from BAE Systems of February 2017, show that BAE employees continue to coordinate maintenance for the weapons systems of all RSAF’s Tornado IDS, both in training and operational squadrons.

The number one shareholder in BAE Systems is the Capital Group (also a major shareholder in other arms manufacturers) where the husband of Britain’s PM Theresa, Philip May, is an investment relationship manager.

Another major shareholder in BAE Systems is BlackRock (also a major shareholder in other companies including weapon producers) that pays Bullingdon Boy George Osborne £650,000 a year for “working” a mere 48 days.

Rothschild Capital Partners is also a major profiteer of the war in the Middle East as it holds a 2.8% stake in Lockheed Martin: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6619436

US Army Special Forces Secretly Sent to Fight Houthis in Yemen

US Army Special Forces Secretly Sent to Fight Houthis in Yemen:

The US military is more deeply involved in the Saudi War in Yemen than officials ever admitted. In fact, new evidence suggests the Pentagon lied to Congress during the March debate about US involvement, presenting the US role at present being limited to targeting and mid-air refueling of Saudi warplanes.

The New York Times is reporting on Thursday that there are actually a small number of US special forces on the ground at the Saudi border with Yemen. Those troops have not only been on the ground since late 2017, but are there on a mission to help the Saudi military fight Yemen’s Shi’ite Houthi movement.

No public debate took place with respect to this deployment. Indeed, the Pentagon appears to have gone to great lengths not to tell the American public or the Congress about the Green Berets they sent to the border. The Green Berets are intended to help the Saudis “locate and destroy” Houthi missile caches, and attack Houthi launch sites inside Yemen.

This has been going on despite the Trump Administration telling Congress that America’s involvement in Yemen was purely “non-combat,” and again, despite the Pentagon repeatedly saying that America’s sole involvement in Yemen was logistics and support for the air war.

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) said the Pentagon was deliberately “blurring the lines between train and equip missions and combat.” It is unclear from the New York Times report if the US troops crossed into Yemen, but given that their mission was to target Houthi sites, it seems almost certain that they have.

Centcom Commander Gen. Joseph Votel, during the March debate, did say that he had authorization to “help the Saudis defend their border.” At that time, however, he told the Senate this was being done purely through intelligence sharing and “military advice.” Clearly, it also involved physical US troops on the border.

It remains to be seen what the consequences of the Pentagon’s deception will be domestically. At the very least it seems like this could provide a new pretext for a vote on ending US involvement in the Yemen War, as Congress lacked all the information they needed to have an informed vote in March.
    https://news.antiwar.com/2018/05/03/...er-with-yemen/

The Houthi rebels in Yemen, officially known as Ansurallah, have vowed to intensify rocket attacks on Saudi Arabia’s critical oil infrastructure, warning that they are now manufacturing their own ballistic missiles to achieve those aims, the Financial Times reports.

The threat comes at a time when Houthi attacks on Saudi Arabia have begun to increase. Just this Saturday, Saudi Arabia’s air defense system intercepted four ballistic missiles over the southwestern region of Jizan. The debris of those missiles reportedly killed one person. Just a week prior, two other missiles were launched at the Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Aramco) facilities on the Red Sea.
    At the beginning of April, the London-based IHS Jane’s Terrorism and Insurgency Center noted that the Houthis claimed to have carried out three separate rocket attacks on Aramco facilities in ten days, including an attack on a Saudi oil tanker, which suffered some damage and led to the intervention of a coalition naval vessel, which in turn repelled the attack.
    The Houthis also unveiled their new Badr-1 surface-to-surface weapon system (a heavy artillery rocket system) approximately a week prior, which the rebels claimed they had used to attack Aramco facilities.
    Mohammed al-Boukhaiti, a member of the Houthi political council, also told the Financial Times that these attacks were “only the beginning of the response” to the death of Houthi leader Saleh al-Samad, who was killed by Saudi air strikes in April.
    “Yemenis will not pass on the death of Samad easily and they will do their best to take revenge for him,” Mr. Boukhaiti said.
    Boukhaiti also dismissed allegations that Iran has supplied the Houthis with sophisticated missiles, claiming instead that the rebels have been developing and manufacturing their own rockets and drones.
    “The Yemenis have added new systems for manufacturing missiles, so more missiles are targeting Saudi Arabia as a part of an escalation,” Mr. Boukhaiti also said.
    The claim that Iran is responsible for the Houthis’ supply of arms is one that continues to skim the surface of mainstream discourse without being bolstered by any hard, credible evidence.
    Despite this, these recent developments are raising fears that the war in Yemen may begin to spiral out of control even more so than it has already in the last three years. As even the Financial Times admits, so far into the conflict Saudi Arabia has struggled to make any decent advancement against the rebels. It is also worth noting that in recent times, the Houthis’ confidence only appears to be strengthening, and these recent attacks targeting vital Saudi infrastructure may only improve their standing in the conflict.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...now-what-means

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic