View Poll Results: Do you believe that these transgender men should use female designated restrooms?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 42.86%
  • No

4 57.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe that these transgender men should use female designated restrooms?

Question Do you believe that these transgender men should use female designated restrooms?

These are transgender men.

(Biologically female, yet have 'transitioned' their bodies, legal documents, & presentation to live out the entirely of their lives as men.)

Do you believe that these transgender men should use female designated restrooms?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    False choice argument is false. Really both sides of this argument are wrong. It's stupid to say that someone who's obviously a man by appearance should be allowed to use the ladies room just because he "feels like a woman." On the flip side it's stupid to say that someone who, by appearance, looks 100% like a man should have to use the ladies room. It's really simple. Don't ask, don't tell. If you look like you're in the wrong bathroom you probably are. The LGBT zealots started this fight by insisting on the "Use the bathroom you feel like using" rule and trying to force that stupidity on everybody else.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

There is no such thing as a "transgender man". You're either a man or a woman and you can't change that. If you're a man who think he's a woman, you have a mental illness. No amount of artificial hormones, body mutilations, makeup and thongs will make you a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    False choice argument is false. Really both sides of this argument are wrong. It's stupid to say that someone who's obviously a man by appearance should be allowed to use the ladies room just because he "feels like a woman." On the flip side it's stupid to say that someone who, by appearance, looks 100% like a man should have to use the ladies room. It's really simple. Don't ask, don't tell. If you look like you're in the wrong bathroom you probably are. The LGBT zealots started this fight by insisting on the "Use the bathroom you feel like using" rule and trying to force that stupidity on everybody else.
    Sounds like you're voting 'no' to the poll question...

Quote Originally Posted by NotAnIllegalImmigrant View Post
    There is no such thing as a "transgender man". You're either a man or a woman and you can't change that. If you're a man who think he's a woman, you have a mental illness. No amount of artificial hormones, body mutilations, makeup and thongs will make you a woman.
    These are trans men, not trans women, they don't wear makeup or thongs, and aren't trying to be women... lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Reason View Post
    These are trans men, not trans women, they don't wear makeup or thongs, and aren't trying to be women... lol...
    I didn't say they were...I was commenting on "transexualism" in general.

These are not men. Even if they may "pass" visually as men they are not. They are women with a severe mental illness and it disgusts me that society is cheering them on as they mutilate their bodies and pump themselves full of artificial hormones.

These are not men. Even if they may "pass" visually as men they are not. They are women with a severe mental illness and it disgusts me that society is cheering them on as they mutilate their bodies and pump themselves full of artificial hormones.
    So.... do you think they should use female restrooms then?

I've never really cared where people took a dump or speculated if some dude was born without a penis.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    I've never really cared where people took a dump or speculated if some dude was born without a penis.
    You seem to be in the minority lol ><

Why is there no "Beaten about the head and shoulders with a blunt object." option on your poll?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Why is there no "Beaten about the head and shoulders with a blunt object." option on your poll?
    Are you advocating the assault of individuals?

I asked you a question.

Are you not answering?

I asked you a question.

Are you not answering?
    I would like to recommend you check out this thing I heard about called the NAP, perhaps you've heard of it before.

Here's a link for ya:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-aggression_principle

I would like to recommend you check out this thing I heard about called the NAP, perhaps you've heard of it before.
    Are you going to answer my question?

Sounds like you're voting 'no' to the poll question...
    I'm not voting in a misleading poll. I posted my own. If you vote in mine I'll vote in yours. Deal?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Gee thanks........

I've been saying for years right here on RPF's that your NAP is a good and noble idea.

One that I don't subscribe to.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    See, all those bare chest activists just won.
    All you need to do is cut your tits off, and you can walk around topless.
    Based on that second pic, you can even have your nipples physically off your pectoral muscle, and it still counts.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Third option: Having separate bathroom facilities per gender is stupid and there should just be one bathroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

If you were born with Y you belong in the men's room.
    If you weren't born with a Y you belong in the woman's room.

If you play dress up, have a genital mutilation fetish, or are hooked on hormone drugs...
    doesn't change whether you're male or female, but it might be a sign you belong in a padded room.
    Being transgender is the new anorexia; a nervous, image oriented, self destructive mental disorder that shouldn't be molly coddled any more so than being a junkie.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I'm for pissing and $#@!ting in the streets, because freedom
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The OP was actually VERY specific... do you think the people pictured in the OP should use the men's room or the women's room? I vote men's room.

Does that mean I think a guy who looks like them, but thinks he is a woman inside, or at least says so, should use the women's restroom? Not necessarily, and probably in fact not.

You're right that the issue is very complicated, and both sides who take hard-line stances are wrong. But you can easily answer the very specific question in the OP.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

That wasn't the poll question - the poll question was which restroom should they use.

Even you aren't dumb enough to say you think they should use the women's room.

The question had nothing to do with celebrating transgenderism.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If they don't don't leave when I tell them they're trespassing, seems appropriate.
    I'm of the opinion that the establishment owner would be in the right to kick them out of either the men's or women's room.
    Crossdressing is par to public masturbation; a fetishism that no business owner should have to tolerate.
    GTFO should be a poll option.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

So.... do you think they should use female restrooms then?
    They should use whatever restroom provided to them at the psychiatric ward.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    If you were born with Y you belong in the men's room.
    If you weren't born with a Y you belong in the woman's room.

If you play dress up, have a genital mutilation fetish, or are hooked on hormone drugs...
    doesn't change whether you're male or female, but it might be a sign you belong in a padded room.
    Being transgender is the new anorexia; a nervous, image oriented, self destructive mental disorder that shouldn't be molly coddled any more so than being a junkie.
    So you are saying the people in the OP should use the women's restroom? That seems completely insane to me. Imagine your daughter in there, and those two "women" walk in. They should be using the men's room, or some type of unisex restroom if available, even though they were born women.. but they should NOT use the women's restroom, that is just completely crazy.

If they don't don't leave when I tell them they're trespassing, seems appropriate.
    I'm of the opinion that the establishment owner would be in the right to kick them out of either the men's or women's room.
    Crossdressing is par to public masturbation; a fetishism that no business owner should have to tolerate.
    GTFO should be a poll option.
    That is bull$#@! - if those guys walked into your establishment you would have no idea they were transgender. They would walk into the men's room, you wouldn't think anything of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    So you are saying the people in the OP should use the women's restroom? That seems completely insane to me.
    NO.

I'm of the opinion that if I own the restroom and I don't like who enters the door, I should be able to say GTFO, I don't care what the reason is.

That is bull$#@! - if those guys walked into your establishment you would have no idea they were transgender. They would walk into the men's room, you wouldn't think anything of it.
    perhaps not, and if this is the case the issue is moot and trifling

usage of a privately owned rest room should be per the grace of the establishment owner or his agent not per the prerogative and sense of entitlement of the patron.

If you're a man dressed as a woman and you go in the ladies room and owner says GTFO: I say GTFO or I'm with tod evans
    If you're a man dressed as a woman and you go in the mens room and owner says GTFO: I say GTFO or I'm with tod evans
    If you're a woman dressed as a man and you go in the ladies room and owner says GTFO: I say GTFO or I'm with tod evans
    If you're a woman dressed as a man and you go in the mens room and owner says GTFO: I say GTFO or I'm with tod evans

If you're a man or a woman and the establishment owner or his agent says GTFO for any reason: I say GTFO or I'm with tod evans

the proprietors option to say GTFO and enforce it is the right of property
    Last edited by presence; 08-31-2016 at 01:39 PM.

This is also bull$#@!.

If you saw these 'guys' walking down the street, or walking into the men's room you wouldn't take a second glance at them. There is no tattoo on their forehead that says they are transgender or transvestite or whatever.

I'm of the opinion that if I own the restroom and I don't like who enters the door, I should be able to say GTFO, I don't care what the reason is.
    This is completely irrelevant to the topic.

It boggles my mind how a few of you guys here are really smart about a lot of things, you're a $#@!in genius when it comes to a lot of things, but when it comes to topics like this you just get completely irrational.

Just stop and think about it for a minute. The only reason you know those guys were born women is because the OP told you they were, and because when their shirts are off the nipples are a little out of place. If these guys walked in and used your restroom, they would be wearing shirts and you wouldn't do a god damn thing, you would have no idea they were transgender, they would use the men's room and that is that.

This is also bull$#@!.

If you saw these 'guys' walking down the street, or walking into the men's room you wouldn't take a second glance at them. There is no tattoo on their forehead that says they are transgender or transvestite or whatever.
    The poll doesn't say walking down the street does it?

The poll is specifically about those two with the knowledge that they are women playing dress-up.

Given the prescribed metrics my question was both relevant and on point whether or not you or Reason wants to address it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast