Thread: Counterfeit Maple Leafs

Unregistered

Counterfeit Maple Leafs

I discovered 15 fake $5 Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins, yesterday, August 30, 2016. Recently purchased from Aydin Coins and Jewelry in New Jersey and from Modern Coin Mart in Florida and other parts of the country. They are made of ferrous metal and will not pass the magnet test, but very well made counterfeits, including the microscopic safety feature on the front of a minute 16, indicating the year of production (supposedly). BEWARE!!!!! Complaints made to eBay and will probably get credit for money, but am worried about the rest of my countrymen. Caveat emptor. Or something like that.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I sell any I get but I check them first.

I don't mind the warning, but I do sorta have a problem with an unregistered user, smearing PM dealers without any evidence or even being registered.

At my local shop they are currently testing gold Eagles due to rumors . Only fakes I have personally seen were high value Morgan dollars and they were good fakes .

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I discovered 15 fake $5 Canadian Silver Maple Leaf coins, yesterday, August 30, 2016. Recently purchased from Aydin Coins and Jewelry in New Jersey and from Modern Coin Mart in Florida and other parts of the country. They are made of ferrous metal and will not pass the magnet test, but very well made counterfeits, including the microscopic safety feature on the front of a minute 16, indicating the year of production (supposedly). BEWARE!!!!! Complaints made to eBay and will probably get credit for money, but am worried about the rest of my countrymen. Caveat emptor. Or something like that.

Okay, they are recently purchased, but who purchased them? You? Someone else? When were they purchased? How did you discover this? Personally? Through reading? A friend? Another way?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Best bet is just buy silver from me .

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I don't mind the warning, but I do sorta have a problem with an unregistered user, smearing PM dealers without any evidence or even being registered.
    Yea my MCM gold coins seem legit. Where's the evidence!

and here I thought this thread was about syrup...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Or Ted Cruz...

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I think there is a maple syrup thread in economics .

Moral of the story: don't buy $#@! online because it is often just that.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Best bet is just buy silver from me .
    I wouldn't buy anything from Canada, let alone from an Injun.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    My long-standing advice is to never buy precious metals on e-bay. This will not avoid all problems, but apparently it would have let you avoid this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I wouldn't buy anything from Canada, let alone from an Injun.
    I can see your point about the canadians , unless it is direct from the mint .

Fake? Who gets to decide what's real? Are you a fascist who believes in intellectual property and wants to stop people from using the word "silver" "maple leaf"? what happened to FREE SPEECH? Buyer beware!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Fake? Who gets to decide what's real? Are you a fascist who believes in intellectual property and wants to stop people from using the word "silver" "maple leaf"? what happened to FREE SPEECH? Buyer beware!!!
    It is easy to determine what is real , it says .999 , so it is or it is not.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    It is easy to determine what is real , it says .999 , so it is or it is not.
    who owns the word "silver"? why can't I call a tree silver instead of wood?

who owns the word "silver"? why can't I call a tree silver instead of wood?
    I think you can , seems I have seen trees labeled silver maple .

Fake? Who gets to decide what's real?

Well, you're obviously not fake.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Well, you're obviously not fake.
    what's your point?

what's your point?

You're the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    My long-standing advice is to never buy precious metals on e-bay. This will not avoid all problems, but apparently it would have let you avoid this one.
    MCM is a very reputable dealer. I wouldnt trust the rantings of this mysterious stranger if he does not present evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    MCM is a very reputable dealer. I wouldnt trust the rantings of this mysterious stranger if he does not present evidence.
    I would not buy from Kitco over e-bay. If the U.S. Mint itself had an e-bay account I would not buy from them on e-bay.

There simply is no reason to ever buy bullion over e-bay. The risk-reward equation does not make sense.

I would not buy from Kitco over e-bay. If the U.S. Mint itself had an e-bay account I would not buy from them on e-bay.

There simply is no reason to ever buy bullion over e-bay. The risk-reward equation does not make sense.
    I would not buy bullion myself off the net , but I have a local shop I can use for that . No tax , no shipping and a cheaper price . I do buy specific coins off of e bay every once and awhile , but I only buy from people who accept returns and most of them are from about three shops that I have done business with for some time . These are brick and mortar places I have actually been in and have meet the owners .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I understand the risk if you buy from Joe Blow, but with more established dealers I don't see why its such a risk. Most reputable dealers specifically state that the bullion they sell is graded and inspected.

And whats to say the dealer you purchase from in purchase has kosher bullion 100% of the time?
    Last edited by Son_of_Liberty90; 09-05-2016 at 06:26 PM.

Anyone work with Camino Coin? Since they are now sponsoring the Ron Paul Liberty Report, I've been thinking about giving them some FRN's for their silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    I understand the risk if you buy from Joe Blow, but with more established dealers I don't see why its such a risk. Most reputable dealers specifically state that the bullion they sell is graded and inspected.

And whats to say the dealer you purchase from in purchase has kosher bullion 100% of the time?
    You may be treating a security problem as if it's a philosophy puzzle. Logically, yes, there's no difference between one vendor and another. I cannot give you a logical proof for the difference between buying in person from an established, reputable dealer and buying from e-bay. All I can give you is good advice:

Don't buy bullion on e-bay.

No one who follows my advice will be unhappy they did. Security isn't logic. It's pattern recognition, assessing threats, choosing the best, safest way to do something and avoid likely trouble. Buying bullion on e-bay is bringing far too much trouble far too likely upon yourself, with essentially no reward for it. Why do it? Crickets. Don't.