Thread: Poll: Majority of GOP voters wish they chose another presidential nominee

Poll: Majority of GOP voters wish they chose another presidential nominee

Poll: Majority of GOP voters wish they chose another presidential nominee

A majority of Republicans wish they had selected a different presidential nominee than Donald Trump, a new poll finds.

A new HuffPost/YouGov poll released Monday found that 54 percent of Republican and GOP-leaning voters believe Trump isn’t the best choice as the party’s nominee, while 35 percent are satisfied with the real estate mogul as the party's standard-bearer.

There’s a jump in dissatisfaction since the same poll in June, which at the time found that 44 percent believe Trump was the best option, while another 44 percent didn’t.

Trump was one of 17 Republican candidates running for president. When asked whom they’d like to win in a primary do-over, 29 percent of those selected Trump, 15 percent picked Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), 14 percent chose Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), and several other names received less than 10 percent each.

On the other side of aisle, 56 percent of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters are content with Hillary Clinton as their party’s nominee, while 32 percent believe there’s a better option. This is up by 3 percent since the same poll in June.

Forty-seven percent of those voters would still pick Clinton if the primary was held again, but Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) was close at 42 percent. Former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley trailed far behind at 3 percent.

The poll was conducted Aug. 24-25 and 1,000 adults completed interviews.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-chose-another
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And yet they didn't. "We never thought Trump would get that far!"
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-29-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Did a majority support him in the primary? I thought it was just a plurality.

Not sure they would be that much happier if it was Cruz.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    ... And here sir is the bed that you made... Have fun sleeping on it!

Difference will be energy level. Vast majority of GOP are so pissed at SWCs Obama/Hillary that almost all of them would still go out and vote for even a tin can standing against Hillary-Obama team.

Dems/Progressives unhappy with Hillary/DNC corrupt machine also have energy but that flows in entirely different way and will hurt Hillary far more comparitively. Fraud is hard to swallow.

That is why pollsters will have a Brexit awakening come Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    In the overall popular vote, he got a plurality. Individual states that he won, he mostly got pluralities, except in the blue states of the northeast and the west coast (after everyone else dropped out).
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

The majority of GOP voters can go to hell, they foisted Romney and McCain on us, let them cry about not getting their way this time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The number of total voters for the primaries has been far higher than other elections... They shouldn't be that high in spite of the primaries being more popular than before. And turn out in certain states were simply too high even when high turn out was expected... Voting machines are also connected to the Internet.

Why are they spending their precious time responding to huff post.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by vonMises View Post
    The number of total voters for the primaries has been far higher than other elections... They shouldn't be that high in spite of the primaries being more popular than before. And turn out in certain states were simply too high even when high turn out was expected... Voting machines are also connected to the Internet.
    Hopefully I got the time right, but it looks like just an hour and half after this post of mine, the FBI released information that Russian hackers had hacked Arizona voter information records, or at least stole a username and password that had accessed to Arizona voter information records.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump may be the best GOP candidate that I have had access to since I was eligible to vote. Look at the burning trash they usually nominate. Bob Dole?

And none of them will ever vote for Clinton .

Hopefully I got the time right, but it looks like just an hour and half after this post of mine, the FBI released information that Russian hackers had hacked Arizona voter information records, or at least stole a username and password that had accessed to Arizona voter information records.
    Not the bloody Russkies again!?

Damn them! Damn them all to hell!!!!!

Trump got more votes in the TN Repub primary than Fred Thompson (arguably the most popular politician ever in TN) got in his first general election. Hard to argue with those numbers.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

The most epic case of buyer's remorse in recorded history?
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This hack (Arizona) was nothing. Some hacker got a password from a county laptop in a very rural county and tried to sell the password online.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I am waiting for the day when the US 'declares' that hacking such as is being referenced all election will be considered an act of war.... when you start hearing that talk, $#@! is about to get real
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Trump got more votes in the TN Repub primary than Fred Thompson (arguably the most popular politician ever in TN) got in his first general election. Hard to argue with those numbers.
    And Trump, like Thompson, will be selling reverse mortgages in 3 years.