Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 49ers' Colin Kaepernick: 'I'll continue to sit' for national anthem

Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    [IMG]Blargh.[/IMG]

[IMG]Blarg![/IMG]

[IMG]Blargh!![/IMG]
    Jealous of NFL salaries much?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Jealous of NFL salaries much?
    I certainly wouldn't be screaming about how oppressed I am if I was making an NFL player's salary! LMAO.

Interesting perspective from Julie Borowski:

Sounds like Kaepernick is just like those idiots who wear Che Guevara shirts and think they're "rebellious".
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

What someone makes when they're older does not negate what their childhood was like. It's kind of a stupid connection to make.

There are a number of people who're rich now but were abused as children, or suffered awful injuries, or worked through learning disabilities; you don't tend to say "gosh I wish I had gone through _________" in those instances, either.

Not speaking to what this particular person did or didn't go through as a kid. I have no idea (I just can't care that much about him), but some of you sound spectacularly stupid in the assumptions you're making.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

I certainly wouldn't be screaming about how oppressed I am if I was making an NFL player's salary! LMAO.
    He's not protesting his oppression. He's using his position to protest other's oppression. This simple fact helps me separate the wheat from the chaff. Since you are not "Captain Obvious" you represent the chaff.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post

Sounds like Kaepernick is just like those idiots who wear Che Guevara shirts and think they're "rebellious".
    Wow.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think if Kaepernick wants to do something about perceived oppression of others, maybe he needs to inject some of his resources where they will do some good. I would think $19 million would do a lot to help oppressed people. He's not an athlete I've followed a lot, but I know he was fined last year for using a racial slur. He was not much of an activist when he did that.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Wow.
    Jumped the shark. She gravitates to his t-shirt? Really? Who cares? Cuba under Castro was better than America today? Bwahahahaha!

That's my girl! Go Julie!

That's my girl! Go Julie!
    Like so many that get a taste of the limelight she sells to a new generation of followers. It's sad. The "old" Julie might have confronted the disparity in sentencing and profiling. She's a young kid so I can see where she pulled alt-right in a bid to be relevant.

Like so many that get a taste of the limelight she sells to a new generation of followers. It's sad. The "old" Julie might have confronted the disparity in sentencing and profiling. She's a young kid so I can see where she pulled alt-right in a bid to be relevant.
    She's a smart cookie. She sees where the liberty movement is going.

Jumped the shark. She gravitates to his t-shirt? Really? Who cares? Cuba under Castro was better than America today? Bwahahahaha!
    He wears a shirt of a communist mass murdering dictator while complaining about "oppression" in America. His shirt is relevant.

She's a smart cookie. She sees where the liberty movement is going.
    From your viewpoint that is where it should go if that is what you believe.

What makes you think she's "pulled alt-right"? She's been a critic of Trump this whole time as far as I know.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He wears a shirt of a communist mass murdering dictator while complaining about "oppression" in America. His shirt is relevant.
    Define "mass murdering" WRT Castro and define "mass murdering" WRT G.W.B. and Obama. Please.

Just because of his T-Shirt and possible political view do you deny his viewpoint? Do you believe that people of color are targeted disproportionately? Do you believe they are sentenced disproportionately?

What makes you think she's "pulled alt-right"? She's been a critic of Trump this whole time as far as I know.
    Julie used to go for the "heart of the matter" and I respected that. The "heart of the matter" wasn't his T-Shirt. This particular episode she didn't mention Trump. So I don't know why you would?
    Why would you? Why would you mention him?

Define "mass murdering" WRT Castro and define
    Large scale butchery of your country's citizens for their political views.

"mass murdering" WRT G.W.B. and Obama. Please.
    Whatever they've done, they didn't do that. Trying to compare the brutality of communist countries to any Western nation is what makes people dismiss libertarians as un-serious ignoramuses.

Just because of his T-Shirt and possible political view do you deny his viewpoint?
    No, I deny it because it's wrong.

Do you believe that people of color are targeted disproportionately?
    No. "People of color" are not disproportionately targeted, blacks are. They're targeted because they commit a disproportionate amount of crime.

Do you believe they are sentenced disproportionately?
    No. The increased sentences are due to criminal histories and recidivism.

Julie used to go for the "heart of the matter" and I respected that. The "heart of the matter" wasn't his T-Shirt. This particular episode she didn't mention Trump. So I don't know why you would?
    Why would you? Why would you mention him?
    You're not too bright. She said she "pulled alt-right". Why would someone who "pulled alt-right" be a Trump critic? Do you know anything about the alt-right? Evidently not.
    Last edited by ThePaleoLibertarian; 08-30-2016 at 07:28 PM.

Large scale butchery of your country's citizens for their political views.

Whatever they've done, they didn't do that. Trying to compare the brutality of communist countries to any Western nation is what makes people dismiss libertarians as un-serious ignoramuses.

No, I deny it because it's wrong.

No. "People of color" are not disproportionately targeted, blacks are. They're targeted because they commit a disproportionate amount of crime.

No. The increased sentences are due to criminal histories and recidivism.
    You are either ignorant, or definitely a troll, it's not worth my time responding point on point. It's not like you have not been here and have heard the arguments before. So, I can't help you. You are either willfully ignorant or paid to conjure your misdirection.
    I can help future RPF members and let them know straight up that you do not represent this site or most of it's members.

You are either ignorant, or definitely a troll, it's not worth my time responding point on point. It's not like you have not been here and have heard the arguments before. So, I can't help you. You are either willfully ignorant or paid to conjure your misdirection.
    I can help future RPF members and let them know straight up that you do not represent this site or most of it's members.
    You can't respond because everything I said is true. Deep down, you know it. There are no counterpoints to facts like blacks committing a disproportionate amount of crime.

Take note everyone else; the above post I've quoted is how NOT to debate.

I live in a very international community. I spent about an hour this evening with people who practically fled for their lives. They still have family and friends in the homeland who are in great danger. So, before anyone wants to go on about an American being oppressed, perhaps it is good to spend time with people who have really been oppressed.
    #NashvilleStrong

You're not too bright. She said she "pulled alt-right". Why would someone who "pulled alt-right" be a Trump critic? Do you know anything about the alt-right? Evidently not.
    I'm not too bright? You're the one that brought up Trump in a thread that didn't even mention him until you did. Do you get .25 per Trump injection?

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I live in a very international community. I spent about an hour this evening with people who practically fled for their lives. They still have family and friends in the homeland who are in great danger. So, before anyone wants to go on about an American being oppressed, perhaps it is good to spend time with people who have really been oppressed.
    Yes indeed. The problem with the US is bad governance and a large state, not the oppression of American citizens.

When you have people trying to make an equivalence between communist countries and the US, you know they've gone full retard.
    Last edited by ThePaleoLibertarian; 08-30-2016 at 07:40 PM.

I'm not too bright? You're the one that brought up Trump in a thread that didn't even mention him until you did. Do you get .25 per Trump injection?
    I brought up Trump to dispute your contention that Julie Borowski "pulled alt-right", since she's a Trump critic and the alt-right loves Trump. "Not too bright" was a compliment compared to what you really are, apparently. I've posted about Trump less than most active members here.

It's not just communist countries.
    #NashvilleStrong

I brought up Trump to dispute your contention that Julie Borowski "pulled alt-right", since she's a Trump critic and the alt-right loves Trump. "Not too bright" was a compliment compared to what you really are, apparently. I've posted about Trump less than most active members here.
    Kudos. You're awesome.

Like Americans. This isn't a contest.
    I am the spoon.

The guy signing up to be sent to far away lands to murder people who have no bearing on our freedom or safety is, obviously.

Cuck.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Like Americans. This isn't a contest.
    Maybe not, but it is a valid comparison. The only people I see burning homes and business in the US are BLM. It seems like they are oppressors, not the oppressed. The looters and rioters all seem to be well fed and comfortable. They are angry, but they are not oppressed.

On the other hand, there are places around the world where people are oppressed. Seriously so. It's not a joke to have your home or business burned down or be charged with blasphemy for faith in Jesus.
    #NashvilleStrong

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Maybe not, but it is a valid comparison. The only people I see burning homes and business in the US are BLM. It seems like they are oppressors, not the oppressed. The looters and rioters all seem to be well fed and comfortable. They are angry, but they are not oppressed.

On the other hand, there are places around the world where people are oppressed. Seriously so. It's not a joke to have your home or business burned down or be charged with blasphemy for faith in Jesus.
    I think the adjective that you're searching for is 'coddled.'

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast