Thread: RIP Gene Wilder

RIP Gene Wilder

Gene Wilder, Willy Wonka and Blazing Saddles Star, Dies at 83

He died of complications from Alzheimer's disease

Gene Wilder, the star of such comedy classics as “Young Frankenstein” and “Blazing Saddles,” has died. He was 83.

Wilder’s nephew said Monday that the actor and writer died earlier this month in Stamford, Connecticut from complications from Alzheimer’s disease.

http://time.com/4471438/gene-wilder-...alflow_twitter
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What a great actor he was.
    "The Patriarch"

Bummer. Awful way to go. Alzheimer's would mean he has been "gone" for a while...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

How sad.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Hm. I didn't even know he had Alzheimer's.

Agreed. He was a great actor. RIP, my brother.

I liked Blazing Saddles.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-29-2016 at 01:51 PM.

There was a long time where I thought he played Dr. Strangelove, but that was incorrect.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Finally back together with his wife Gilda Radner. They must have been a fun couple!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Finally back together with his wife Gilda Radner. They must have been a fun couple!
    Roseann Rosannadanna
    "The Patriarch"

damn...

hey Gene, you did good buddy...

thankyou for being 'here'....

RIP brother.

Go with God, Gene. You'll be sorely missed.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

He will be missed. Impeccable comedic timing.

Remember how sad we were when Whitney Houston died?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAnIllegalImmigrant View Post
    Oh $#@!, when did that happen???
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Oh $#@!, when did that happen???
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ton-dead-at-48

"we?" Eduardo, is that you! I miss you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He remarried. But one of the saddest moments I ever saw was that SNL tribute Steve Martin did when she passed. There wasn't an internet then, and we didn't know she was sick, much less dead.

I never go to Houston , there is a reason that place was once an uninhabited Buffalo wallow .

Congrats to Whitney Houston on 57 months sober.
    I am the spoon.