Thread: "Black Lives Matter" = Communism

"Black Lives Matter" = Communism

Some highlights:

-Reparations
    -Creation of Black Banks
    -Radical redistribution of wealth
    -2 to 4 trillion dollar program to create jobs for blacks
    -makes it illegal for public or private employers to discriminate against workers with a criminal background.
    -Redistribute land to blacks.

https://policy.m4bl.org/economic-justice/#right-for-workers-to-organize[policy.m4bl.org]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Which is why, as sympathetic as I am to the issues of racial violence and oppressive power, I can't support BLM as an organization.

makes it illegal for public or private employers to discriminate against workers with a criminal background.
    Actually not a bad proposal. By denying or making it difficult for people who have been in jail to find a job, we encourage them to stay criminals since that is their only way to survive.

Help reduce recidivism.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Actually not a bad proposal. By denying or making it difficult for people who have been in jail to find a job, we encourage them to stay criminals since that is their only way to survive.

Help reduce recidivism.
    Of course it's bad. Anytime the government dictates who you must hire it's bad.
    "The Patriarch"

It does not say you HAVE to hire anybody.

But that's not really how it ends up working, is it? Can you say lawsuit?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Of course it's bad. Anytime the government dictates who you must hire it's bad.
    I would prefer the reverse,, and deny background checks.

I believe Oregon just did that. It is now illegal to run a background check in most cases.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I would prefer the reverse,, and deny background checks.

I believe Oregon just did that. It is now illegal to run a background check in most cases.
    I have never been employed by anyone who requires one, as a matter of principle though I oppose government dictating hiring practices.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    I have never been employed by anyone who requires one, as a matter of principle though I oppose government dictating hiring practices.
    I have been NOT Employed by people that used them.
    I firmly believe that not hiring me was a mistake.

theirs.

I believe like piss tests,, it should be forbidden to violate someones privacy.. for employment or any other purpose.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 08-29-2016 at 01:51 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

theirs.

I believe like piss tests,, it should be forbidden to violate someones privacy.. for employment or any other purpose.
    I guess I should have been more clear. I have sought employment from someone who requires a background check maybe two times, and I find it extremely unlikely I will ever do so again.
    "The Patriarch"

theirs.

My employer said I had to take a drug test. I asked if they had any drug samples I could practice with so I could do well on the test.

My employer said I had to take a drug test. I asked if they had any drug samples I could practice with so I could do well on the test.

New Zippy may be more fun.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Duh. They were controlled from the start. They don't call them useful idiots for nothing, after all.

theirs.

In a free society employers would be allowed to require any type of tests they wish. And the employee is free to choose if they want to take that test or look for work elsewhere. This is libertarian 101.

Then there's no need for that law.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    Some highlights:

-Reparations
    -Creation of Black Banks
    -Radical redistribution of wealth
    -2 to 4 trillion dollar program to create jobs for blacks
    -makes it illegal for public or private employers to discriminate against workers with a criminal background.
    -Redistribute land to blacks.
    I think a better title would be #BLM = misguided. It's understandable why they would want all that from being kidnapped, enslaved, and discriminated with basically the blessing of the government for 200 years, but they are misguided in thinking the U.S. government that caused all their problems is going to solve all their problems. Gary and Bill need to meet with BLM leaders and explain to them how government is their enemy.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    I think a better title would be #BLM = misguided. It's understandable why they would want all that from being kidnapped, enslaved, and discriminated with basically the blessing of the government for 200 years, but they are misguided in thinking the U.S. government that caused all their problems is going to solve all their problems. Gary and Bill need to meet with BLM leaders and explain to them how government is their enemy.
    It's not understandable at all. Nobody that was a black slave in the US is still alive.
    I am the spoon.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

My favorite part...........

Nothing to do with racial equality.
    All about black entitlement.

I do think there is a difference between the organized movement and the regular people who use the hashtag.
    Stop believing stupid things

What they want according to the BBC: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34023751

The plans calls for:

Ending "broken windows" policing, which aggressively polices minor crimes in an attempt to stop larger ones

using community oversight for misconduct rather than having police decide what consequences officers face

making standards for reporting police use of deadly force

independently investigating and prosecuting police misconduct

having the racial makeup of police departments reflect the communities they serve

requiring officers to wear body cameras

providing more training for police officers

ending for-profit policing practices

ending the police use of military equipment

implementing police union contracts that hold officers accountable for misconduct
    "Campaign Zero was informed by the demands of protestors nationwide, research and input from many folks," tweeted DeRay Mckesson, an organiser with the Black Lives Matter movement.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-29-2016 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    I do think there is a difference between the organized movement and the regular people who use the hashtag.
    You are right. The link in the OP is not to Black Lives Matter but something called "The Movement for Black Lives" They are not listed in "Member Organizations" at the OP site.

Link to Black Lives Matter and "11 Major Misconceptions": http://blacklivesmatter.com/11-major...tter-movement/

You are right. The link in the OP is not to Black Lives Matter but something called "The Movement for Black Lives" They are not listed in "Member Organizations" at the OP site.

Link to Black Lives Matter and "11 Major Misconceptions": http://blacklivesmatter.com/11-major...tter-movement/
    According to your link "Black Lives Matter" is the same as "The Movement for Black Lives"

Here it appears that "The Movement for Black Lives" is the main organization and "Black Lives Matter" is a member:

https://policy.m4bl.org/about/

"Many Americans of all races are enamored with Martin Luther King as a symbol of leadership and what real movements look like. But the Movement for Black Lives, another name for the BLM movement, recognizes many flaws with this model. "

Here's the original article I read:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...da-looks-like/

Either way I'd say my original post was correct and you are wrong.

Help reduce recidivism.
    WRONG, we encourage them to become ENTREPRENEURS, and selling drugs would be legal if we were libertarian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Help reduce recidivism.
    Screw that. Let the bleeding heart liberals hire all the ex-cons they want but prohibiting people from searching public records is a horrible policy.