Thread: Burkina Faso Bans Big Bum Beauty Pageant

Burkina Faso Bans Big Bum Beauty Pageant

Big bum beauty pageant banned as ‘too sexist’ in Burkina Faso

A beauty contest for women with the biggest buttocks has been banned by the government of Burkina Faso for being “too sexist.”
    The third annual ‘Miss Bim-Bim’ competition was due to take place this weekend but advertisements for the competition, which show two fully clothed women with exaggeratedly large bums, caused a stir on social media with many branding it "degrading" and “sexist.”

Although similar contests have been held in other West African countries, the government of Burkina Faso have decided to ban the organizers from running it this year.

“Our role is to do everything to avoid damaging the image of women,” said Minister Laure Zongo in a statement, according to Reuters, adding that the online criticism of the competition had “reinforced” her decision.

https://www.rt.com/viral/357457-big-bum-pageant-banned/
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Women’s rights groups have mixed views about the tendency in many African cultures to celebrate women with larger bodies than are typically admired elsewhere.

While they welcome the shift away from the unnaturally thin female shapes promoted by the global fashion industry, they deplore the emphasis on men judging women’s body shapes.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...test-to-an-end

That's true. When I was working at the bar, I didn't hear what one guy said but I heard his black friend say, "Nah, she ain't thick enough for me." I had mixed feelings about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I have a t shirt with this logo on it;

I get pretty good reactions to it...
    "The Patriarch"

I have a t shirt with this logo on it;

I get pretty good reactions to it...

I think big butts are in style now. I read big boobs are out and there's been an increase in butt enhancement.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Eh. I prefer wide hips and a big butt, but that's just too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post

Eh. I prefer wide hips and a big butt, but that's just too big.
    Lol, maybe just a bit....
    "The Patriarch"

Lol, maybe just a bit....
    Check out first prize, you think either one of those bums would even fit on that thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Check out first prize, you think either one of those bums would even fit on that thing?
    Probably not the second prize either.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am guessing its women that wants to get it shut down... women with no booty.

I think a woman's worst enemy are other women, not men. Women hate other women who are successful, especially if it is because or beauty or other "assets".

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mm View Post
    I am guessing its women that wants to get it shut down... women with no booty.

I think a woman's worst enemy are other women, not men. Women hate other women who are successful, especially if it is because or beauty or other "assets".
    I agree with you. Women are much harder on women than men are. I think it's jealousy.

Danke can host Bim Bim this year .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I agree with you. Women are much harder on women than men are. I think it's jealousy.
    Men would never close down a booty contest unless its one of those hipster, beta males. Hah

I thought Burkina Faso was the contest winner's name.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Well I guess it's time to buy a certain moderator a ticket back from Burkina Faso...

Quote Originally Posted by NotAnIllegalImmigrant View Post
    Well I guess it's time to buy a certain moderator a ticket back from Burkina Faso...
    I know you like Big Butts.
    "The Patriarch"

I know you like Big Butts.
    I cannot lie.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAnIllegalImmigrant View Post
    I cannot lie.
    I'm glad to see you're not denying it like the other brothers.