Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun ownership rises to 44% of all homes

Gun Ownership, Concealed-Carry Permits Up Among Women and Minorities

Antonia Okafor, a Dallas resident, says she believes a gun can be the great equalizer for women to defend themselves—one reason she is now the southwest regional director for a group called Students for Concealed Carry.

State laws allowing residents to carry concealed weapons have been enacted in all 50 states, with varying degrees of regulation—most recently on college campuses.

“We see ourselves as doing this as a means of empowerment,” Okafor, 26, told The Daily Signal in a phone interview. “Real feminism is about empowerment and taking our safety into our own hands.”

Okafor, who is black, said more female role models, such as Olympic gold medalist Kim Rhode, have inspired more gun ownership among women.

But Okafor—a graduate of the University of Texas at Dallas, where she became involved in the movement—said her mother is opposed to guns.

In an April poll by ABC News of issues millennial women are most concerned about, gun rights scored even with equal pay and abortion, each getting 11 percent.

A study by the Crime Prevention Research Center earlier this month found concealed-carry permits have boomed nationally, but particularly among women and minorities. “In eight states where we have data by gender, since 2012 the number of permits has increased by 161 percent for women and by 85 percent for men,” the report says.

From 2007 through 2015, concealed-carry permits issued by state and local governments increased about 75 percent faster among nonwhites than whites, according to the report.

Okafor noted that those living in the inner city “are the most likely to benefit” from self-defense.

“A lot of minority homes didn’t have father figures growing up,” Okafor told The Daily Signal. “The right to bear arms is a way to protect our community. Every weekend people are dying in cities riddled with gun control.”

Okafor said increasing gun ownership could mark a political shift among both women and minorities away from pro-gun control Democrats to pro-gun rights Republicans in the longer term.

However, JaQuan Taylor, a senior at Georgia Tech, is a Democrat and president of the college group that advocates allowing students and faculty to carry concealed firearms while on campus. Taylor, who is black, said he doesn’t plan on switching parties, but he is more open now.

“It’s more challenging for me to pick a politician that wants to take away guns or prohibit them in anyway,” Taylor, 22, told The Daily Signal in a phone interview. “I vote for the person more than the party, but I usually vote Democrat because they are pro-education. Since I’ve gotten a gun, I’ve begun to look at Republicans.”

Taylor said he joined a marksmanship club at Georgia Tech and then “became comfortable with getting a gun to protect myself.”

He said he believes as more African-Americans learn about gun laws, more are buying for self-defense.

He doesn’t see the gun issue as a left-right matter, but more of an issue of freedom, Taylor said.

“It seems like with the push for gay marriage, there is a push for freedom in all directions. That’s a good thing,” he said.

The data on women and minorities should come as no surprise, said Crime Prevention Research Center President John Lott, a noted economist and author of the recent book, “The War on Guns.”

“Women benefit more from having a gun than a man because of the large strength differential between a male-to-woman attacker compared to [a] male-to-male attacker,” Lott, the author of the August study, told The Daily Signal.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/08/29/gu...NXJzUEE9In0%3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Basic math as to why they can't "take everybody's guns" even if they wanted to:

350 million guns in the US.
    10 million produced in the US a year (some are exported)
    5 million imported each year.
    330 million people in the US.

2,600 ATF agents in the entire country.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post

Exactly. But what they can do is being to clamp down on ammo, and clamp down on transactions where it is harder to move firearms from one person to another (legally).
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by RestorationOfLiberty View Post
    He is a jew?
    NorthCarolinaLiberty sees Jews everywhere, just like that vonmises guy and the Russians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Another reason for everyone to have a rifle , only 2600 of those traitor agents .

He likes to pretend I am.

You love of immigration, and blatant rejection of logic makes sense if you were.

You love of immigration, and blatant rejection of logic makes sense if you were.
    If a person is "against immigration" and they "love the constitution" they are in a poor position. The constitution has NO restriction on immigration and has NO delegation of authority for the feds to regulate or restrict it (check it yourself). We had a "constitutional scholar" come to Memphis a few years back for a presentation and I agreed to drive to Little Rock to pick him up from the airport. On the two hour drive back I got to ask him about immigration and although he is against unrestricted immigration he had to admit there is nothing in the constitution granting power to "regulate" immigration. The ONLY thing about "immigrants" is how they can become citizens. There's nothing about being able to regulate the influx (or outflow as more "citizens" decide the grass is greener elsewhere)...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    If a person is "against immigration" and they "love the constitution" they are in a poor position. The constitution has NO restriction on immigration and has NO delegation of authority for the feds to regulate or restrict it (check it yourself). We had a "constitutional scholar" come to Memphis a few years back for a presentation and I agreed to drive to Little Rock to pick him up from the airport. On the two hour drive back I got to ask him about immigration and although he is against unrestricted immigration he had to admit there is nothing in the constitution granting power to "regulate" immigration. The ONLY thing about "immigrants" is how they can become citizens. There's nothing about being able to regulate the influx (or outflow as more "citizens" decide the grass is greener elsewhere)...
    Article 1 Section 8 spells it out very well.

Article 1 Section 8 spells it out very well.

Immigration ≠ "Naturalization".
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Right you are and this is the confusion that most anti-immigration types make. There is NO authorization in the Constitution (of no effect) that grants federal authority to regulate it...

THIS ONE

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Personally, I would not participate in a survey asking me about my firearms.
    Even more than that I don't know why people post pictures of their junk online.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Exactly. But what they can do is being to clamp down on ammo, and clamp down on transactions where it is harder to move firearms from one person to another (legally).
    THEY DO MUCH MORE THAN THAT. (social control)

I was banned from a gun board (THR) about the time I heard of Ron Paul.
    It was the 2nd amendment that brought me to this dance.

I am unarmed. I am PROHIBITED.
    For me to touch one is a Life Sentence. or death sentence.

Y'all stand up,, and I will.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Y'all stand up,, and I will.
    I would suspect that "we" would come out of the woodwork.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Pffft...you sorely underestimate Boobus' desire to comply with any and all government edicts.

Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    Who else to you Naturalize?

Who else to you Naturalize?
    Ya, it's the "REGULATION" of immigration that is not "authorized". They cannot regulate it (or restrict it). They only can control who becomes a "citizen"...

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Pffft...you sorely underestimate Boobus' desire to comply with any and all government edicts.
    ATF Reclassifies Wetted Nitrocellulose as Explosive Materials Under Federal Laws

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/atf-...#ixzz4J9chEvVU

Then they back off with activism:

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/09/atf-...#axzz4J9cfFON1

https://blog.princelaw.com/2016/09/0...ll-not-really/
    Last edited by Danke; 09-02-2016 at 08:07 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    NorthCarolinaLiberty sees Jews everywhere,...

I do? How so? Please enlighten me, "Supporting Member."
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

ZippyJuan makes contrary posts at every turn. He goes out of his way to do it. TheCount tries to sow division on this site. TheCount is NOT a "Supporting Member" as claimed in his avatar. I neg rep both of them at every turn.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Yes, it is good news that so many households have guns but that doesn't mean we won't have abuses that may rival Hitler. What happens when Billary becomes Queen and orders all those "registered" guns confiscated? The goons in blue will turn against the commoners and start knocking on doors to get the guns. If you don't willingly hand them over they come back with all those nice tanks Obama (and Bush) gave them. Think it won't happen?? Wrong! It already happened in New Orleans and Boston. Those were just tests to see if the goons will follow orders. (They will...)
    The reality is those that give no $#@!s and would fight are those that already served.

Those that currently serve our nation won't do that $#@!.

Also, you don't understand logistics.

They can't grab our guns. They can legislate with 1000 papercuts though.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    ZippyJuan makes contrary posts at every turn. He goes out of his way to do it. TheCount tries to sow division on this site. TheCount is NOT a "Supporting Member" as claimed in his avatar. I neg rep both of them at every turn.
    No offense but while I don't always agree with either, they both make great contributions. This "division" you speak of. Do you realize you are on RPF which brings together moderates, libertarians, conservatives, ancaps, minarchists, paleo conservatives, and essentially is only unified under the banner of former congressman Ron Paul?
    "I know the urge to arm yourself, because that’s what I did. I was trained in firearms. When I walked to the hospital when my husband was sick, I carried a concealed weapon. I made the determination that if somebody was going to try to take me out I was going to take them with me."

Diane Feinstein, 1995

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel999 View Post
    No offense but while I don't always agree with either, they both make great contributions. This "division" you speak of. Do you realize you are on RPF which brings together moderates, libertarians, conservatives, ancaps, minarchists, paleo conservatives, and essentially is only unified under the banner of former congressman Ron Paul?

They're liberal progressives trying to discourage membership and eventually see the entire site disappear. They're not here for academic reasons; however, I have to acknowledge that they're not really effective as I once thought.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 09-02-2016 at 10:16 PM.

The reality is those that give no $#@!s and would fight are those that already served.

He is just bored and bumping all of my threads. Throws in a few names hoping I will respond him. He has a strong need for attention. He once claimed that every one of his posts is promoting liberty but they rarely are.

Can you look through their post history and prove to any of us that they fit any of those categories?

Funny you left out liberal, progressive or leftist.

I guess "moderate" is a broad term that you could apply to anyone if you wanted to. How about " statist"?

Varying degree but some are obviously leaning that way in any discussion that is brought up, support the mainstream narrative as a counterpoint in any thread.

Acptulsa has pointed this out many times.
    Last edited by Danke; 09-03-2016 at 01:28 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

44% is about the same percentage as dog ownership. Hmmmm....

He is just bored and bumping all of my threads. Throws in a few names hoping I will respond him. He has a strong need for attention. He once claimed that every one of his posts is promoting liberty but they rarely are.

Nope. Never said that. I said none of your posts promote liberty. Nice try again.

And speaking of strong need for attention. The guy and his friends who've been here 8 years running, every single day, making nothing but contrary posts. Neg rep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12