Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does This Simple Info-graphic Explain The Frustration For Americans In 2016 ?

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post

Also these people also pay back into the system by paying state and federal taxes on what the government pays them as well, and they provide services that not every member of the population either wants to do or can do.
    Let me address this edit since it's relevant...

Lucre is lucre, is lucre!

Taking ill gotten gains as payment for a service that wasn't requested and then having some of that lucre extracted from your "pay" under the guise of "taxes" is a shell game foisted on the citizens who actually produce things, it enables the ticks to feign camaraderie with honest tax payers.

"Working" for the government is not gainful employment, it is not a public service, it is a racket though, and a very lucrative one...

If you continue to view government "employees" as anything but complacent thieves then you will remain part of the downfall of this nation.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Let me address this edit since it's relevant...

Lucre is lucre, is lucre!

Taking ill gotten gains as payment for a service that wasn't requested and then having some of that lucre extracted from your "pay" under the guise of "taxes" is a shell game foisted on the citizens who actually produce things, it enables the ticks to feign camaraderie with honest tax payers.

"Working" for the government is not gainful employment, it is not a public service, it is a racket though, and a very lucrative one...

If you continue to view government "employees" as anything but complacent thieves then you will remain part of the downfall of this nation.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again."
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again."
    Done. A worthy post.
    "The Patriarch"

That is a huge segment of the population civic, state and federal employee's some of which are to be considered essential services to modern civilizations.
    For example, are you really saying firemen, policemen and prison guards shouldn't be able to vote because the government pays them?

Also these people also pay back into the system by paying state and federal taxes on what the government pays them as well, and they provide services that not every member of the population either wants to do or can do.
    Yes, I am saying that as well.

IF all taxation is theft, (it is), they why should I support the robbers ability to vote for more robbery?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

IF all taxation is theft, (it is), they why should I support the robbers ability to vote for more robbery?
    But whaddabout the special robbers?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    But whaddabout the special robbers?

It's really not funny but I couldn't help laughing at that. A lot of truth there.
    "The Patriarch"

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again."

Sorry Bro, but I can't +rep you again yet. I heartily agree with both you and tod evans on this. If we're going to have voting, tax ticks should not be allowed to vote. Ever.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Trump's base is poor rural whites without college degrees. Those people are unlikely to be paying income tax.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again."

Sorry Bro, but I can't +rep you again yet. I heartily agree with both you and tod evans on this. If we're going to have voting, tax ticks should not be allowed to vote. Ever.
    You would think that is a point that would not have to be argued over.

Is it harder to be poor while white?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You would think that is a point that would not have to be argued over.

You'd think. But then, considerig what's been going on around here and in the country at large lately, I'm thinking that very few people give a flying $#@! about liberty, or justice, or even simple decency toward others. How $#@!ing depressing is that?
    Chris

Yep.

Was just about to say "Let's get rid of taxes!" Problem solved.
    There is no spoon.

Done.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

Of course not..

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...-like-me/n9308
    "The Patriarch"

This would mean child actors or anyone under 18 who has an actual job would be a taxpayer.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

That's not really the point. I think it's fallacious to say that one side or other other is the party that is "footing the bill." One party has a majority of minority welfare, and the other the majority of white welfare. One party wants to expand the welfare state to benefit its constituents, and the other wants to expand the MIC to benefit its constituents.

At the end of the day it's all the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I hate taxes like everybody, but I realize there are some services I need to help pay for.
    For example I know I need to pay my property taxes so that the fire department can exist and put out fires in my area.

How do you propose we pay for the essential services the modern city needs ?
    It can't be all volunteers, working for free that just isn't viable in this day and age.
    And even if you did get all volunteer labor, at some point you need to pay for expensive equipment like a firetruck.

Some of you guys are just unrealistic in your expectations of how things should work in 2016.

Of coarse all wasteful spending should be shut down, but that doesn't mean it's a zero spending budget.
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 08-28-2016 at 04:25 PM.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

I hate taxes like everybody, but I realize there are some services I need to help pay for.
    For example I know I need to pay my property taxes so that the fire department can exist and put out fires in my area.

It can't be all volunteers, working for free that just isn't viable in this day and age.
    And even if you did get all volunteer labor, at some point you need to pay for expensive equipment like a firetruck.

Some of you guys are just unrealistic in your expectations of how things should work in 2016.

Of coarse all wasteful spending should be shut down, but that doesn't mean it's a zero spending budget.
    muh roads?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Define "wasteful spending".
    "The Patriarch"

A retiree does not consider Social Security "wasteful spending". A defense contractor does not consider defense spending "wasteful". Every piece of spending has its own interest group which does not consider their project "wasteful".

If your "essential services" are being funded by lucre then you need to do without.

If there's enough people like you willing to pony up voluntarily for things like fire protection cool.

When you want me to pay your costs for a new firetruck I have issues, when you want me to pay your towns fire department pensions at the rate of $100k per tick I've got real issues!

There's only so much blood and way too many ticks.......

[edit]

This post reads like;

"I'll gladly give up 30% of the lucre government claims to "pay" me just as long as government keeps taking your money in order to pay me."
    Last edited by tod evans; 08-28-2016 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    A retiree does not consider Social Security "wasteful spending". A defense contractor does not consider defense spending "wasteful". Every piece of spending has its own interest group which does not consider their project "wasteful".
    If the monies are not provided by working men and women voluntarily then it's wasteful spending, period.

People will gladly pay for necessities.

I will not gladly pay to fund war and social programs in other states.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Of course not, white folks are privileged.

Define "wasteful spending".
    Invading Iraq, paying for Abortions, the $900.00 toilet seat the military paid for, and the list goes on and on and on.

I get it, but this notion of don't provide essential services to a city of 3 million people because there should be no local taxation is ludicrous.

That might work out some place in the boondocks with a small population base like they did in the old west when there was no taxes, pre-WW1, but this is a different time and a different type of infrastructure that needs to be maintained. Something simple like garbage, we all seen what happens during a strike to the garbage in a big city.

We can't go back to a 100% tax free existence if you live in a large modern city, it really is that simple.

I would suggest you guys make your own new country where there no taxes, and everything is pay as you go, call the fireman, pay a $1000
    bill. Every road is tolled to pay for the cost of using it. Oh and call 911 and there is a bill for the police coming. Pay $500 a year for garbage pick up too.
    See you are going to pay no matter what, you might save money if you never use ANY basic services. Need an serious medical operation, pay that 100K
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 08-28-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Why do people pay billions of dollars every year to home security systems when they have to pay for cops?

And why are you in favor of never owning anything, including your home.

You like being a squatter with the king's permission?

See above about private security systems

Oh I realize that.

Freedom and liberty is as dead as Julius Caesar, done in by a thousands cuts, from people just like you, justifying government theft, war, murder and all it's other outrages because no one wants to be seen as "unrealistic".

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Bingo.

And that's why were living in police state that is broke.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Something simple like garbage, we all seen what happens during a strike to the garbage in a big city.
    My town has no government garbage pickup.

I have to pay a private firm to come and empty the dumpster once a month.

Where would I get the right to hold a gun to your head and demand that you pay for that?

And it is why it is so darned hard to cut even the smallest thing. Don't want to upset even the smallest interest group who might decide to vote against you if you axed or reduced their program. Balanced Budget Amendment? Never gonna happen.

It would seem that those that are actually footing the bill in America are being totally ignored.

And they are sick of it.
    http://truthinmedia.com/trump-obamac...al-healthcare/

On Sunday’s episode of 60 Minutes on CBS, Donald Trump said that “Obamacare is a disaster” and that he plans to repeal it and replace it with a government-funded universal healthcare plan.

During the lengthy interview, CBS correspondent Scott Pelley asked billionaire real estate mogul and 2016 Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump his position on healthcare reform.

Obamacare’s going to be repealed and replaced. Obamacare is a disaster if you look at what’s going on with premiums where they’re up 40, 50, 55 percent,” replied Trump.

Pelley then pressed him to offer his own specific plan for fixing the U.S. healthcare system.

Trump began explaining, “There’s many different ways, by the way. Everybody’s got to be covered. This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, ‘No, no, the lower 25 percent that can’t afford private.’ But…

Pelley then interrupted, noting that Trump was describing a universal healthcare plan.

Trump continued, “I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.

The real estate billionaire then explained that he “would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care” of uninsured Americans.

When Pelley asked him to clarify who would pay for the plan, Trump replied, “The government’s gonna pay for it. But we’re going to save so much money on the other side. But for the most it’s going to be a private plan and people are going to be able to go out and negotiate great plans with lots of different competition with lots of competitors with great companies and they can have their doctors, they can have plans, they can have everything.

Yea, those of us footing the bill are real sick of economically illiterate social democrats like Donald Trump.

My town has no government garbage pickup.

I have to pay a private firm to come and empty the dumpster once a month.

Where would I get the right to hold a gun to your head and demand that you pay for that?
    And that might work in a smaller town, but either I have to pay an independent garbage man directly or my property taxes and the local civic government looks after that for me. Can you imagine if a city like LA reverted to pay for your own garbage pick up, for $300 a year reduction in civil taxation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast