Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frightening Truth About Animal Protein and Cancer

Unhappy Frightening Truth About Animal Protein and Cancer

"Cancer is a function of nutrient intake and in this particular case, protein intake. Nutrition controls cancer growth."

Animal Protein -- Meat and Dairy -- Cause Cancer

IGF-1 as One-Stop Cancer Shop

Leading Causes of Death
    1# - Heart disease
    2# - Cancer
    http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lead...s-of-death.htm

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Im not sure if its the protein content OR the factory farming conditions we use and the fact that most of the animals we eat are sickly but cutting out animal protein and sugar is definitely a way to keep cancer growth at bay... Of course that sort of diet really isnt sustainable long term and I would suspect that some wild caught fish like sardines, herring, etc would be a satisfactory way to get the required missing nutrition from such a diet.

Wonder of all wonders what you can find with a Google search.............

The Vegetarian Gene: A Plant-Based Diet Causes Lasting Genetic Mutations That Could Increase Cancer Risk

http://www.medicaldaily.com/vegetari...er-risk-380079

A new study suggests that the saying “you are what you eat” is more than just an old adage. According to the research, led by scientists from Cornell University, cultures that have adhered to strictly vegetarian diets for many generations have developed a unique genetic mutation that could put them them at increased risk for heart disease and colon cancer.

Fatty acids serve as the building blocks of fats in our body, and play important roles in how we store energy and grow and repair cells. According to the European Food Information Council, the human body is able to produce all the fatty acids it needs, except for two: omega-6 fatty acids and omega-3 fatty acids. We find these in our food.

The conversion of plants into fatty acids is a complicated metabolic process. When animals eat plants, their bodies metabolize the nutrients within into fatty acids, which we absorb when we eat the animals. Vegetarians, however, must go through this process on their own, metabolizing the fatty acids directly from their plant diet.

We all use the enzymes FADS1 and FADS2 to break down omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids for our bodies to use for brain development and controlling inflammation. In their study, the team identified a mutation, rs66698963, in the gene responsible for expressing FADS 1 and FADS 2. An insertion mutation, characterized by extra base pairs, caused an increase in the production of the two enzymes and a better ability to produce fatty acids from plants — which is why it was dubbed the vegetarian allele.

The researchers looked at how this insertion varied between 234 primarily vegetarian Indians and 311 meat-eating Americans (mostly from Kansas). They found that insertions existed in 68 percent of the Indians but only 18 percent of Americans, which makes sense considering the group of Indians used in the study had practiced vegetarianism for thousands of years. Then, armed with data from the 1000 Genome Project, they discovered that the vegetarian allele existed in 70 percent of South Asians, 53 percent of Africans, 29 percent of East Asians, and just 17 percent of Europeans.

Though the insertion may help vegetarians produce precious fatty acids, it is also associated with health risks. In the body, omega-3 fatty acids constantly compete with omega-6 fatty acids to be metabolized. Having too much omega-6 fatty acids in your diet could reduce the amount of omega-3s that can be metabolized, and this specific imbalance is linked to an increased risk for heart disease and colon cancer. However, co-author Dr. Alon Keinan told Medical Daily that there is an easy way for those whose ancestors were vegetarians to avoid these health risks.

“[Those with an ancestral history of vegetarianism] would do perfectly well, as long as they avoid some foods that are vegetarian but high in omega-6, specifically plant-based oil,” Keinan wrote in an email. “More in general, vegetarians in industrialized countries tend to rely heavily on plant-based oil, which is rich in omega-6, and can lead... to inflammation-related diseases.”

The team found the opposite type of gene mutation in Inuit Natives in Greenland, whose diet consisted mainly of fish and other marine animals. Rather than having an insertion, this group had a deletion, or the absence of a section of DNA. This ensured the population didn’t consume too many omega-3 fatty acids, which are abundant in fish — eating too much can lead to health issues, such as colitis and other immune disorders.

“Our study is the first to connect an insertion allele with vegetarian diets, and the deletion allele with a marine diet,” said co-lead author Kaixiong Ye in a recent statement. He said the two genetic variations probably emerged early in our evolutionary history, when people around the world migrated to different environments. “Sometimes they ate a plant-based diet and sometimes they ate a marine-based diet, and in different time periods these different alleles were adaptive.”

The study is just one more example of how our dietary habits can change our genome. One of the most notable diet-based mutations is the human ability to digest milk. All humans are born capable of breaking down the enzymes in milk, but for most people, this ability fades once they enter adulthood. A genetic mutation that allows some people to keep drinking milk, however, is common among modern Europeans and those of European descent. According to Berkeley University, around 10 percent of Americans are lactose-intolerant, compared to 99 percent of Chinese. This is because having the gene for lactose tolerance was only advantageous in cultures that had access to domesticated dairy animals, and relied on them for food and milk.

Source: Kothapalli KSD, Ye K, Gadgil MS, et al. Positive Selection on a Regulatory Insertion-Deletion Polymorphism in FADS2 Influences Apparent Endogenous Synthesis of Arachidonic Acid. Molecular Biology and Evolution . 2016

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    However, co-author Dr. Alon Keinan told Medical Daily that there is an easy way for those whose ancestors were vegetarians to avoid these health risks.

“[Those with an ancestral history of vegetarianism] would do perfectly well, as long as they avoid some foods that are vegetarian but high in omega-6, specifically plant-based oil,” Keinan wrote in an email. “More in general, vegetarians in industrialized countries tend to rely heavily on plant-based oil, which is rich in omega-6, and can lead... to inflammation-related diseases.”
    The diet I recommend is a low-fat oil-free plant based diet, so I'm all good there.

70 percent of South Asians, 53 percent of Africans, 29 percent of East Asians, and just 17 percent of Europeans.
    The irony is flip those numbers around and those are basically the percentages of people who get the most cancer!

Quote Originally Posted by farreri View Post
    The diet I recommend is a low-fat oil-free plant based diet, so I'm all good there.

The irony is flip those numbers around and those are basically the percentages of people who get the most cancer!
    those whose ancestors were vegetarians
    Whew!

Saved by my ancestors.

I'll do my part to make sure my progeny doesn't have to suffer the fate your ancestors bestowed on you.

I'm truly sorry.

Will you break the cycle? Will you eat a balanced diet in order to assure that your offspring don't suffer the indignities of forced vegetarianism due to genetic mutation?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Will you break the cycle? Will you eat a balanced diet in order to assure that your offspring don't suffer the indignities of forced vegetarianism due to genetic mutation?
    Na.

Vegetarians less likely to develop cancer than meat eaters, says study
    https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ncer-diet-risk

Long term vegetarian diet changes human DNA raising risk of cancer and heart disease

Sarah Knapton

29 March 2016

Long term vegetarianism can lead to genetic mutations which raise the risk of heart disease and cancer, scientists have found.

Populations who have had a primarily vegetarian diet for generations were found to be far more likely to carry DNA which makes them susceptible to inflammation.

Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.

But it has the knock-on effect of boosting the production of arachidonic acid, which is linked to inflammatory disease and cancer. When coupled with a diet high in vegetable oils - such as sunflower oil - the mutated gene quickly turns fatty acids into dangerous arachidonic acid.

The finding may help explain previous research which found vegetarian populations are nearly 40 per cent more likely to suffer colorectal cancer than meat eaters, a finding that has puzzled doctors because eating red meat is known to raise the risk.

Researchers from Cornell University in the US compared hundreds of genomes from a primarily vegetarian population in Pune, India to traditional meat-eating people in Kansas and found there was a significant genetic difference.

“Those whose ancestry derives from vegetarians are more likely to carry genetics that more rapidly metabolise plant fatty acids,” said Tom Brenna, Professor of Human Nutrition at Cornell.

“In such individuals, vegetable oils will be converted to the more pro-inflammatory arachidonic acid, increasing the risk for chronic inflammation that is implicated in the development of heart disease, and exacerbates cancer.

“The mutation appeared in the human genome long ago, and has been passed down through the human family.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-risk-of-canc/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

All I know, is that my cousin became a vegan in her late twenties and she died of lymphoma in her mid fifties.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL@vegetarians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    All I know, is that my cousin became a vegan in her late twenties and she died of lymphoma in her mid fifties.
    Sorry for your loss.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Like everything- studies showing eating a particular type of food causes cancer involves consuming very large amounts of that thing. Moderation and variety. Too much of anything is not good.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-27-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Like everything- studies showing eating a particular type of food causes cancer involves consuming very large amounts of that thing. Moderation and variety. Too much of anything is not good.
    If your a vegetarian and only eat plants you are ultimately, over a period of time, eating large amounts of plants which could be laced with pesticides that accumulate in the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    Im not sure if its the protein content OR the factory farming conditions we use and the fact that most of the animals we eat are sickly but cutting out sugar is definitely a way to keep cancer growth at bay... Of course that sort of diet really isnt sustainable long term and I would suspect that some wild caught fish like sardines, herring, etc would be a satisfactory way to get the required missing nutrition from such a diet.
    FIFY. There's nothing in animal protein that causes or worsens cancer. Sugar, however, feeds cancer (a fact well-known and universally accepted, last I checked).
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    FIFY. There's nothing in animal protein that causes or worsens cancer. Sugar, however, feeds cancer (a fact well-known and universally accepted, last I checked).
    There are some cancers that can feed on animal protein.. Chicken meat and eggs seems especially prone to accelerating tumor growth in some studies. You might be able to get away with things just by cutting out the sugar but at the time I wasn't taking any chances. Its not a diet I would ever advocate as a permanent lifestyle change.. I lost over 50lbs in 7 weeks and definitely was deficient in protein and various nutrients no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    If your a vegetarian and only eat plants you are ultimately, over a period of time, eating large amounts of plants which could be laced with pesticides that accumulate in the body.
    I worked with a woman who avoided fresh fruits and vegetables for that very reason. Unfortunately she died at age 60 from cancer. The only way to avoid any risks from foods is to not eat food and not drink anything and not breathe any air. Of course your life would be considerably shorter.

Just washing vegetables removes most pesticide residues.

This thread makes me wish I had a pack of cigarettes.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I worked with a woman who avoided fresh fruits and vegetables for that very reason. Unfortunately she died at age 60 from cancer. The only way to avoid any risks from foods is to not eat food and not drink anything and not breathe any air. Of course your life would be considerably shorter.

Just washing vegetables removes most pesticide residues.
    I sometimes wash veggies with this stuff, it can remove the waxy stuff on tomatoes, etc.:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-d...uit-and-118406

While they are generally considered safe, the actual effectiveness of these washes is debated. Even if they remove surface residues, one can't be sure that all pesticides have been eliminated. And some evidence suggests water is actually good enough. In a study of three commercial washes, University of Maine researchers found that distilled water was equally if not more effective in removing microbes such as bacteria and mold. Another study at Tennessee State University also found that water worked as well as the vegetable wash tested.

And yet, we know that produce washes give some people peace of mind. If this is the case in your household, you don't need to shell out a ton of money for commercial products. You can make your own spray using ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. A solution of equal parts white vinegar and water can dissolve residues and kill bacteria; just spray it on, rub, and rinse with water. For other simple solutions, see Re-Nest's How To: Make Your Own Fruit and Vegetable Wash.
    http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eati...ove-pesticides

There is a variety of conflicting information to be found about removing pesticides from the skin of vegetables and fruits. The organic wash that I’ve used in the past, Chico Wash, doesn’t claim to remove any pesticides. It only claims to remove dirt and 99.999 percent of salmonella and E.coli from produce and nuts.

While I found lots of how-to advice on the Internet about removing pesticides, I didn’t find a single wash that claims to do so. I did find a study done over a decade ago by the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station on the removal of trace pesticide residues from produce. The study compared non-organic produce that was either not washed at all, rinsed only in water, and washed in “FIT, Fruit & Vegetable Wash, Organiclean, Vegi-Clean, or a 1% solution of Palmolive.”

The study found there was “little or no difference between tap water rinsing or using a fruit and vegetable wash in reducing residues of the nine pesticides studied.” There was a difference between the unwashed produce and the ones that were rinsed in water or washed with a product. The unwashed produce had more pesticide residues.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 08-27-2016 at 08:57 PM.

I can't for the life of me understand why so many people perceive vegans and vegetarians as 'holier than thou....'

well damn
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I agree with Zippy here. As far as veg washes go, I use vinegar when I buy something with that wax all over it and just plain water for everything else. If it doesn't come off, I peel it. Cucumbers seem to be the worst offenders. I finally started buying the seedless variety in the wrapper - they taste better and I don't have to peel the damn things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    There are some cancers that can feed on animal protein.. Chicken meat and eggs seems especially prone to accelerating tumor growth in some studies. You might be able to get away with things just by cutting out the sugar but at the time I wasn't taking any chances. Its not a diet I would ever advocate as a permanent lifestyle change.. I lost over 50lbs in 7 weeks and definitely was deficient in protein and various nutrients no doubt.
    Which cancers?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Scientists in the US believe that the mutation occured to make it easier for vegetarians to absorb essential fatty acids from plants.
    That sounds like a GOOD thing!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aren't you the guy who thinks this guy is fully natty?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I can't for the life of me understand why so many people perceive vegans and vegetarians as 'holier than thou....'
    I guess you think Paleo advocates are holier than thou too.

Aren't you the guy who thinks this guy is fully natty?

Steroids and HGH can do wonders. (and they can also promote cancer cell growth along with muscle growth).

Chester Copperpot

Which cancers?
    I dont know which ones. But I wasnt taking any chances (Even when a lab says you have a certain type of cancer if might turn out to still be a different type of cancer on subsequent test)... Most people overall say youre probably okay by just cutting out white sugar.. That even natural fruit sugars have molecules that spin an an opposite direction to white sugar molecules and so cancer cant utilize them for energy.. and of course there are some doctors that say that even if thats true that too much natural fruit sugar can raise your insulin and cause a higher sugar absorption rate that the cancer can utilize... Dr Frederick Hatfield cured his terminal cancer by switching to a paleo diet complete with lots of animal protein and no carbs... There are a good number of other people who have gone the paleo route with success as well.. There is a lot of room here for personal experimentation but if you get hit with cancer youve got to do what youre comfortable with... If you make a mistake it could cost you your life.
    Last edited by Chester Copperpot; 08-28-2016 at 03:04 PM.

I guess you think Paleo advocates are holier than thou too.
    as a matter of fact...

but they don't even begin to reach the level of "I AM BETTER THAN ALL YALL" that vegans and vegetarians seem to be utterly saturated in.

"My diet is better than your diet! I'm gonna look like 23 forever and you are going to DIE!!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast