Thread: Trump's own words...How is this not 'Amnesty' again?

Trump's own words...How is this not 'Amnesty' again?

From Trump's own mouth.

He's NOT going to deport EVERYONE. He will deport the 'bad ones' and the 'good ones' will pay back taxes and given legal status but not citizenship...

This IS the Gang of 8 / Rubio / Jeb Immigration position. He is just talking tougher about the wall and sanctuary cities, etc., but when it comes to the 11 million already in the country, Trump has now CHANGED HIS POSTITION DRASTICALLY from what it initially was, that being 'Get em out!' deportation force, etc.

I don't know how you Trumpsters can watch this and not see how he has now embraces the same position as JEB and Rubio which you despised and called amnesty.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And I keep pointing this out that when the "good" ones "pay" back taxes, in many cases that means we'll be writing them a check. People at the lower scales of income get the Earned Income Tax Credit, which means if we make the "good" ones subject to our tax policies, they'll be getting a nice fat Trump check.

Perhaps this is his way of appealing to illegals?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

My point is, and I'm still waiting for the trump supporters to chime in in this, is that Trump now holds the exact same position that Jeb/Rubio/and the Gang of 8 had that was DESTROYED by Trump supporters as amnesty.

If trump lets millions of 'good ones' stay, but with back taxes etc, how is this not amnesty?

I'll wait
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    My point is, and I'm still waiting for the trump supporters to chime in in this, is that Trump now holds the exact same position that Jeb/Rubio/and the Gang of 8 had that was DESTROYED by Trump supporters as amnesty.

If trump lets millions of 'good ones' stay, but with back taxes etc, how is this not amnesty?

I'll wait
    "The Patriarch"

Trump supporters ignoring and wasting time on Trump hater delusions. I predicted this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Trump supporters ignoring and wasting time on Trump hater delusions. I predicted this.
    Still waiting. Interesting that you won't answer.

If Trump 'lets' the 'good ones' stay in the US... millions of them.... what say you?

- Diogenes of Sinope

Last edited by CCTelander; 08-26-2016 at 04:47 PM.
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    From Trump's own mouth.

He's NOT going to deport EVERYONE. He will deport the 'bad ones' and the 'good ones' will pay back taxes and given legal status but not citizenship...

This IS the Gang of 8 / Rubio / Jeb Immigration position. He is just talking tougher about the wall and sanctuary cities, etc., but when it comes to the 11 million already in the country, Trump has now CHANGED HIS POSTITION DRASTICALLY from what it initially was, that being 'Get em out!' deportation force, etc.

I don't know how you Trumpsters can watch this and not see how he has now embraces the same position as JEB and Rubio which you despised and called amnesty.
    Agree, it should be called amnesty. What is not being discussed is a path to citizenship. That has been considered a difference between the full amnesty package and something in the middle. I believe Ron and Rand have proposed ID cards with an asterisk, but not a path to citizenship.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Of course, as Trump softens his stances to the moderate right/left, as many here predicted, Trump supporters will not be able to defend his positions and therefore will have to ignore others in order to maintain their delusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Agree, it should be called amnesty. What is not being discussed is a path to citizenship. That has been considered a difference between the full amnesty package and something in the middle. I believe Ron and Rand have proposed ID cards with an asterisk, but not a path to citizenship.
    Pretty sure Trump and Cruz were calling it amnesty when attacking other candidates.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

What I want to know is what is Trump going to do with the "big, beautiful door" in the wall. Send people out and then let them back in? Let more in?

Maybe he will increase immigration quotas, to let in the very, very, very best ones. The hard working good ones that work hard. Very, very, very hard. Bright, the brightest, so bright you can't believe it. Believe me.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I'm not sure what makes me happier, Trump becoming more reasonable with regards to immigration or Trump supporters getting all despondent about it.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

The wall is gonna be at least 30 feet high though.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    The wall is gonna be at least 30 feet high though.
    Why not a mile high and 30 ft wide? We can call it Trump Tower.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    I'm not sure what makes me happier, Trump becoming more reasonable with regards to immigration or Trump supporters getting all despondent about it.
    Have you seen the second half of that occur, or is it just media delusions that you indulge in?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Flashback to Nov 2015:

Trump Calls For Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Why not a mile high and 30 ft wide? We can call it Trump Tower.
    If we post a sign outside, "Now Hiring: dishwashers, lawnmowers, janitors, and burrito chefs", we could use it as a honey pot trap
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his