Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump just officially adopted the Jeb Bush/Gang of 8 Position on Amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Is silverhandorder for real? Definitely starting to think he might be a bot.

Do you see how little time it took him to weasel out of what he said. 8 minutes.
    He's here for the trolling. There's no other explanation.
    "The Patriarch"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    C'mon Drake, it's time to get your hood back out of the dry cleaners for the next klan rally. lol
    Man, ya got me!

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Allegiance to Donald Trump is not a death pact. Steve Bannon said it best a few months back. To paraphrase Bannon, he said something along the lines 'I'm not completely sure about Donald Trump's intentions, but we will use him as a bludgeon against the opposition.' From my perspective, that's what the entire campaign is about. Provocation of the enemy into battles of OUR CHOOSING.

I'm glad for this post, but yet, I don't understand why you continue to support a guy who obviously is not only acting with selfishintentions, but that continually puts his allies in horrible battle positions. WE - "OUR-" are not selecting our battles, we are not on high ground here. He is tactically blundering and dragging the paleocons with him, and they follow along to their demise. Now, I can understand why coulter can only partially complain, she is an invested public figure, but you - guy on a message board - really deserve better than to follow this incompetent into battle over and over again.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    I'm glad for this post, but yet, I don't understand why you continue to support a guy who obviously is not only acting with selfishintentions, but that continually puts his allies in horrible battle positions. WE - "OUR-" are not selecting our battles, we are not on high ground here. He is tactically blundering and dragging the paleocons with him, and they follow along to their demise. Now, I can understand why coulter can only partially complain, she is an invested public figure, but you - guy on a message board - really deserve better than to follow this incompetent into battle over and over again.
    The war was always going to involve the media in some shape or form. Trump has done an adequate job illustrating their treachery. The next phase involves hitting the Clintons where they have never gotten hit. That's the element that would have been lost with a Rubio or Cruz nomination. They were not willing to take this to it's proper resolution, since they are beltway creatures. The pivotal main event has not taken place, given that HRC has not taken livefire for 280 (?) days.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-25-2016 at 06:57 PM.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In order to fight that fight, you need a standard bearer who wont f it all up. Rand was always the only guy for the job, Trump is a disaster. He is blowing it. He is setting us backwards. Abort! Abort! Its a trap!

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    In order to fight that fight, you need a standard bearer who wont f it all up. Rand was always the only guy for the job, Trump is a disaster. He is blowing it. He is setting us backwards. Abort! Abort! Its a trap!
    Rand had the intellect undoubtedly. I questioned his 'courage' since he's not a narcissist like Trump who actually enjoys public conflict. I don't think an introvert could have defeated both the media and Clinton.

Trump is both reckless and fearless, with the latter being an essential character trait to win in this type of hostile environment. You have to be willing to push envelope in this setting and go where other candidates won't. The Clintons have a documented history of grounding up conventional campaigns with their media surrogates setting up the pins.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-25-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Reckless, fearless...shameless. Some of that can be good in an appropriate context. But the way he does it is harmful to what was our side. Barry Goldwater is who you are looking for, he had intellect and guts...Trump has foolish bravado, something that is very common.

Rand has a lot of guts (see the filibusters), but he is an intellectual. That doomed him in the primary, but he would be torching Mrs Clinton if he were the nominee...and he would actually stand for a lot more policy positions that I think liberty lovers like us would support. Trump has no policy, just personality AUH20...Gold Water...you must see that?!

https://twitter.com/EricCantor/statu...87772425912320
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Remember that not voting is the same as two votes for the bad person.
    Man, this voting stuff sure is complicated ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    But the payoff is always worth it.
    "The Patriarch"

Shame on Ron Paul for criticizing neocons and their foreign policy all these years. After all, he didn't support them in elections.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Remember that not voting is the same as two votes for the bad person.
    But the payoff is always worth it.
    I just realized something ...

... if I want the "bad" person to win ...

... and if voting for that person is a vote for that person ...

... and if not voting is the same as two votes for that person ...

... then not voting is better than voting for the person I want to win ...

You know, I think I'm finally starting to dig this whole voting thing ...

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sure, NOW you figure it out.
    "The Patriarch"

Donald Trump’s Hot-Air Balloon Is Ripping

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/...pping_20160827

Aug 27, 2016

WASHINGTON—Donald Trump’s supporters can pretend otherwise, but deep down they must know the truth: Trump has been playing them for fools all along.

All that bluster about creating a “deportation force” to round up 11 million undocumented immigrants and kick them out of the country? Forget about it. Trump is now “softening” that ridiculous pledge, which he could never have carried out, into a new policy in which “we work with them.”

Hmmm. Work with them how?

All we know of the details, so far, is what Trump said Wednesday at a town hall hosted by Sean Hannity of Fox News: “Now, everybody agrees we get the bad ones out. But when I go through and I meet thousands and thousands of people on this subject, and I’ve had very strong people come up to me, really great, great people come up to me, and they’ve said, ‘Mr. Trump, I love you, but to take a person who’s been here for 15 or 20 years and throw them and their family out, it’s so tough, Mr. Trump.’ I mean, I have it all the time. It’s a very, very hard thing.”

Trump talked about how such families will “pay back-taxes, they have to pay taxes,” and claimed that “there’s no amnesty, as such.” If this is indeed Trump’s revised policy, he now advocates the same basic approach as the one laid out in the bipartisan “Gang of Eight” reform bill passed three years ago by the Senate—which immigration hard-liners derided as amnesty.

Attempts by allies to explain the complete reversal have been comic. My favorite came from Trump campaign spokeswoman Katrina Pierson, who said this on CNN: “He hasn’t changed his position on immigration, he’s changed the words that he is saying.”

That absurdist formulation sounds like something from the experimental writings of author Gertrude Stein—who, come to think of it, gave us the perfect blanket description of the entire Trump campaign: “There is no there there.”

There never was any “there” in Trump’s wild promises, many of which were not just impractical but impossible. No, he was never going to be able to roust millions of people from their homes. No, he was never going to be able to ban all foreign Muslims from entering the country.

Trump continues to claim that, if elected president, he will build a wall along the entire southern border and get Mexico to pay for it. This, too, would be logistically and politically impossible, but I believe he’ll keep saying it until the bitter end. He seems to think he can get away with betraying supporters on the deportation issue by hiding behind his “artistically beautiful” imaginary wall.

I realize that most of Trump’s ardent fans do not take kindly to being lectured by the likes of me. But it is with a certain degree of genuine sympathy that I say what has to be said: Your candidate is a flake. A fraud. A bag of air. A con man. A joke.

I understand the frustration that made the Republican base such fertile ground for the Trump phenomenon to flourish. The GOP leadership spent the entire Obama administration making promises it knew it could not keep—on immigration, the economy, fighting terrorism, repealing Obamacare and so on. This was good short-term politics, especially in the 2010 and 2014 midterm elections, but many voters became disillusioned with politics and politicians. Enter Trump, a non-politician with zero scruples, who quickly identified which buttons to push—and pushed them like crazy.

I also understand that for some voters, Hillary Clinton is basically, as Trump called her, “the devil.” There are those who will vote for Trump just to keep his opponent from becoming president.

But no one, at this point, should cling to the illusion that a vote for Trump is a vote for any specific policy on any given issue. Having said all kinds of outrageous things to win the nomination, he is now trying—clumsily—to say more moderate things in an attempt not to get crushed in November. I wouldn’t take his new, “humane” immigration stance any more seriously than his earlier draconian pronouncements.

In a sense, spokeswoman Pierson was right: Trump doesn’t actually have positions. He only has words.

There is anger, bigotry and ignorance behind many of those words. But mostly, where substance ought to be found, there is just arrogance and ego. Trump thinks his supporters are suckers who will line up to buy deportation one day and amnesty the next. Some champion.

Trumps coalition can't grow by changing his policy, or tone. All he can do is demonize the opposition, its not like people are going to just forget what they know about Trump. Trumps campaign can only win if he can fracture the democrat base, Trump can only win if democrats don't show up. I think the democrats will probably have to crank a few billion out just to energize their base that hates their nominee, and Trump won't be able to come up with any sort of money to match it.

Can't wait for his speech today in Phoenix where he explains how he 'didn't really flip flop' going from deporting 12 million with a 'deportation force' to include US citizen children, building a wall that Mexico will pay for 'Better than the great wall of China', and absolutely NO AMNESTY because we are a nation of laws.....

To:

Bad ones have to go but 'good ones' can stay if they pay back taxes...
    A Virtual Wall not an actual wall...
    and every other policy position that he derided as AMNESTY during the primary and debates...
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Can't wait for his speech today in Phoenix where he explains how he 'didn't really flip flop' going from deporting 12 million with a 'deportation force' to include US citizen children, building a wall that Mexico will pay for 'Better than the great wall of China', and absolutely NO AMNESTY because we are a nation of laws.....

To:

Bad ones have to go but 'good ones' can stay if they pay back taxes...
    A Virtual Wall not an actual wall...
    and every other policy position that he derided as AMNESTY during the primary and debates...
    muh wall

LOL. Trumpskiite logic to a T!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

What's some good reasons for a national I.D. card again?

I wonder if Trump has any good reasons... not that he would support a national I.D. card or anything, but if there were some legit reasons that have come to light during this election cycle...

lol That's what fear gets ya -convenient and easy "solutions".

You mean we don't get a wall? Oh well, this might work as long as enough aggression is directed to the guilty...
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 08-31-2016 at 05:54 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Hemisphere First

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/771090561520459776
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123