Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ann Coulter Flips Out On Trump's "Softer" Immigration Stance

Ann Coulter Flips Out On Trump's "Softer" Immigration Stance

http://thefederalist.com/2016/08/25/...ion-bamboozle/

I have to give credit to Ann Coulter: It takes some serious cojones to come out with a book titled “In Trump We Trust” at this point in 2016. The enthusiasm! The bright-eyed faith! The beaming cover photo, featuring Coulter grasping a cheery Trump sign! The subtitle—“E Pluribus Awesome!”—which, if you squint hard enough, could be a clever-yet-subtle indicator that this is all an elaborate joke!

Sadly, there is nothing awesome about this election, e pluribus or not, and the problems with Coulter’s title choice are myriad. First, replacing “God” with “Trump” seems a bit premature, at least until he’s won the election and tells us all that this is the case. Second, conservatives—Coulter is supposedly one, I guess, if that’s still her favored brand—are supposed to be skeptical of politicians in general, not the political equivalent of the pom squad captain at Path to Power High.

But, seriously: “In Trump We Trust?” Look, I understand if you want to vote for Donald Trump, but please don’t tell me he’s trustworthy. In the past year alone, he may have managed to shamelessly out-lie Hillary Clinton, which is a herculean feat. In fact, in a delightfully ironic twist, Trump appears to be breezily selling out his stances on Coulter’s favorite policy topics—those would be immigration and mass deportation—on the very week of her “In Trump We Trust” book release.

Trump Picks a Fight With His Biggest Female Fan

“I don’t care if @realDonaldTrump wants to perform abortions in the White House after this immigration policy paper,” Coulter tweeted last August, calling Trump’s immigration plan “the greatest political document since the Magna Carta.” At the time, due to my longtime understanding that Coulter is 85 percent ratings-and-book-sales-related shtick and 15 percent the amalgamated ghosts of old cigarettes, I shrugged and rolled my eyes.

But wait, and be alarmed: It appears Coulter might actually believe her own bologna. In her new book—titled, I will remind you again, “In Trump We Trust”—Coulter praises Trump’s calls for mass deportation: “If some Republican wants to impress me by saying shocking things, do it on immigration,” she writes. She goes on to bash “Jeb!” (her exclamation point, not mine) for being “smug and self-righteous whenever it came to enforcing immigration law” and questioning the feasibility of carting out 12 million illegal immigrants.

Drumroll, please. Maybe even pair it with the Benny Hill theme song “Yakety Sax.” Here’s where things get really awkward, because Trump has spent the last week—again, the week of Coulter’s book release!—signaling there’s no way he’s going to deport 12 million illegal immigrants, either. On Wednesday night, after days of announcing he is open to “softening” his immigration positions, Trump told Sean Hannity illegals would stay, but they’d “pay back taxes.” We’ll “work with them,” he said.

Spoiler alert: This is not what Coulter’s new book said he would do.

Trump Gets Soft Just In Time for the Election

On Monday, Trump said he aims to “come up with a really fair, but firm” immigration policy—which is weird, because I thought he already had a settled policy that rivaled the Magna Carta—and praised the Obama administration for getting “tremendous numbers of people out of the country,” saying he was going to do the exact same thing, but with “more energy.”

Meanwhile, Trump’s big speech on immigration, originally scheduled for August 25, has been postponed. Why? According to new campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, “immigration is such a complex issue and Mr. Trump has been taking the counsel of so many different people on this.” It may or may not have anything to do with the fact that Conway has spent time pushing amnesty.

If you are trying not to laugh right now, congratulations: You have managed to maintain the health of your immortal soul in an otherwise excruciating and baffling year. Coulter, for good reason, seems a bit disgruntled and annoyed, calling Trump’s comments a “mistake.” This “could be the shortest book tour ever” if Trump is “really softening his position on immigration,” she added. No kidding! It would also be kind of embarrassing, if anyone involved had any sense of shame.

But there’s a bigger question here: If Trump really is on the verge of what may be the largest flip flop ever, how could Coulter possibly be surprised? Anyone who has closely watched Trump over the past year should know that he regularly waffles and backtracks and lies and slips up. Deeper skeptics could reasonably argue he has few core beliefs except for the Gospel of Trump. Who watches this goofy show for months and then decides to write an entire book based on the premise that we should put our total trust in Trump?

Well, now we know. You have to feel kind of bad for Coulter. It’s a real bummer for the timing of her book launch. Hey, who knows? Perhaps Trump will make yet another U-turn, fire a few advisers, then jump down, turn around, pick a bale of cotton, and double down on his original various hollerings about immigration. Stranger things have happened.

But if anyone wants to write a book on Trump that really touches the hearts of many depressed Americans, here’s a better title: “In Trump We Might Halfheartedly Support, Out of Desperation, Because Hillary Clinton is Horrendous, and Maybe He’ll Be Better Than She.” For the business-minded, there’s even potential sequel: “But Honestly, We’re Even Starting to Wonder About That.”
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't care. Lost interest as soon as author started to bitch about Ann vs just saying how she flipped out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Don't care. Lost interest as soon as author started to bitch about Ann vs just saying how she flipped out.
    lol, of course you did.

More likely: You lost interest as soon as you saw something that conflicted with your previously held belief that Trump was awesome! Cognitive dissonance rears its head again.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    lol, of course you did.

More likely: You lost interest as soon as you saw something that conflicted with your previously held belief that Trump was awesome! Cognitive dissonance rears its head again.
    No I just don't engage in waste of time bs. It's called priorities and self respect.

And the betrayal by Trump of his own base continues. Some will pretend it isn't happening despite mounting evidence. Some will pretend that they really supported the idea of some kind of legal status for the "good, hardworking, taxpaying (or willing to pay back taxes) illegal immigrants" all along. Some will, like Ann Coulter, act surprised and betrayed even though the evidence was already there that Trump wasn't as serious about immigration as he pretended. ("We're going to deport them all then bring back the good ones rapidly through a big beautiful hole in the wall that Mexico is going to pay for.") Gotta love it!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Primary Trump: We're going to have a deportation force to remove the 11 million illegals

Nominee Trump: They'll pay back taxes and we can work with them

Trump Troll Level : EXPERT

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

And the haters make up narrative again.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And the haters make up narrative again.
    Dude- READ THE ARTICLE.

You are an intelligent person- the article is important. It's OK if you stand by Trump, but at least READ THE ARTICLE.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Dude- READ THE ARTICLE.

You are an intelligent person- the article is important. It's OK if you stand by Trump, but at least READ THE ARTICLE.
    No. I won't waste my time. You can provide a non $#@! summary.

I read Ann's tweets everyday. I am well aware of what she said. You haters spammed up already 4 threads on the same topic. You don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Dude- READ THE ARTICLE.

Right?? We aren't making up $#@!...

Trump in the Primary: MASSIVE DEPORTATION FORCE, NO AMNESTY, etc etc. This was his PRIMARY stance that got him the nomination
    Trump the Nominee: We'll see about the depotation force, bad ones can go but good ones pay back taxes and we can work with them, can't separate families.

How is this 'making up narrative'?

Answer: It's not.... you're just butt hurt that Trump has, once again, flip flopped on a major campaign stance. We called it months ago but you drank the kool aid.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I read Ann's tweets everyday. I am well aware of what she said. You haters spammed up already 4 threads on the same topic. You don't get the benefit of the doubt anymore.
    From Ann's book:

- Diogenes of Sinope

Dude- READ THE ARTICLE.

He doesn't care for facts, he just "calls out the bias".
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    you're just butt hurt that Trump has, once again, flip flopped on a major campaign stance.
    who cares?

answer: nobody except political junkies and RPF posers.

"Trumpcucked"

You heard it from me first.
    "The Patriarch"

From Ann's book:

LOL

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jllundqu again.

Again...some of us saw this coming and called it even before Trump secured the nomination.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    "Trumpcucked"

You heard it from me first.
    Ya gonna make the t-shirt?

Dude- READ THE ARTICLE.

He doesn't need to read the article, remember...

I don't need facts when I can expose bias. That is enough.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Ya gonna make the t-shirt?
    Great idea! I know someone who does just that.
    "The Patriarch"

He doesn't need to read the article, remember...
    Yeah you are a liar.

Last edited by silverhandorder; 08-25-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Yeah you are a liar.
    Yeah and Trump wants to execute your avatar. lol

- Diogenes of Sinope

Yeah and Trump wants to execute your avatar. lol
    Out of rep.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Trumpcucked.
    "The Patriarch"

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah you are a liar.
    A liar? I posted your own words about not needing facts. So, were you a liar when you posted that?

A liar? I posted your own words about not needing facts. So, were you a liar when you posted that?
    I stand by what I said when I called you a liar. You are petty low level debater that resorts to lies and deception to confuse the public. I am not engage with you again other than point out that you are a liar just like CPUd.

Can we see a youtube of her or something? I still don't see where she flipped out like the OP claimed.

From the OP

Coulter, for good reason, seems a bit disgruntled and annoyed, calling Trump’s comments a “mistake.” This “could be the shortest book tour ever” if Trump is “really softening his position on immigration,” she added.
    That's not flipping out.

The tweets CPUd posted? Look like pretty normal tweets, I don't see her flipping out.

Where does she flip out on Trump? I would really love to see it.

Again these anti-Trump threads are always filled with a bunch of narrative and not much in the way of substance.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I stand by what I said when I called you a liar. You are petty low level debater that resorts to lies and deception to confuse the public. I am not engage with you again other than point out that you are a liar just like CPUd.
    Listen, I know you're struggling with your ESOL classes, but that shouldn't affect your logic... I was supporting your claim that you don't need to do things like reading an article, but facts are not important to you when you can expose a bias. That may make me snarky, but I obviously didn't lie when I posted your own words.

This must be part of the cognitive dissonance that's happening with you. You probably shouldn't lash out like that.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Can we see a youtube of her or something? I still don't see where she flipped out like the OP claimed.

From the OP

That's not flipping out.

The tweets CPUd posted? Look like pretty normal tweets, I don't see her flipping out.

Where does she flip out on Trump? I would really love to see it.

Again these anti-Trump threads are always filled with a bunch of narrative and not much in the way of substance.
    It depends on what your definition of is is.
    "The Patriarch"

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Someone is trying to sow discord. If Trump betrays us on major policy planks, I will be first one to condemn him. This is rather simple to understand.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast