Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In case Hillary had to step down due to corruption scandal, will Sanders become the nominee?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What corruption scandal ?

There is no corruption scandal .
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

It might hurt her reelection campaign in 2020.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Nope. Joe Biden.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Nope. Joe Biden.
    Sanders got way more votes than him and in this run, that does not seem fair.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Hillary Clinton emails: How the latest twists could jeopardise the Democratic nominee's presidential hopes
    David Usborne New York
    • Tuesday 23 August 2016 18:00 BST

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7205646.html

Since when have corruption charges ever caused a Clinton to step down?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

Hillary Clinton emails: How the latest twists could jeopardise the Democratic nominee's presidential hopes
    David Usborne New York
    • Tuesday 23 August 2016 18:00 BST

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7205646.html
    So says .co.uk
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

What are state deadlines that would' lock' Hillary into the general election with no escape? In other words, they wouldn't be able to replace her with someone like Biden. It has to be approaching.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Didn't Wikileaks have an "October surprise" that they say could really shake things up? It probably won't, but you never know.

The DNC (or RNC if it happened to Trump) would be able to select a replacement. They could pop someone like Joe Biden in there, or Sanders, but neither would get them the win. It's really more likely they would do anything to get Clinton in there in spite of health or legal standing... and many would cheer them along the way.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Sanders absolutely wouldn't be the nominee. It would go to Kaine or some backup hack like Biden or Kerry.

http://teachinghistory.org/history-c...istorian/20431

Filling a Vacancy: From the Nomination to the Electoral College Vote

Since the time of Andrew Jackson's run for the presidency in 1828, individual political parties have had the job of filling any vacancy on their national ticket, either that of their presidential or vice-presidential candidate. If one of their candidates vacates the ticket after they are nominated, either because of death or withdrawal, the party selects a replacement.

Both the Republican and the Democratic parties have rules in their bylaws governing how to fill the vacancy. The Party Chair calls a meeting of the National Committee, and the Committee members at the meeting vote to fill the vacancy on the ticket. A candidate must receive a majority of the votes to win the party's nod.

The same process would happen if the vacancy were to occur after the general election but before the Electoral College voting. If a vacancy should occur on the winning ticket, it would then be the party's responsibility to fill it and provide a candidate for whom their electors could vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecraftian4Paul View Post
    Sanders absolutely wouldn't be the nominee. It would go to Kaine or some backup hack like Biden or Kerry.
    Yup

Likewise, if Trump got on TV one day, yelled "psyche!," and quit, they'd just push Pence up the ticket.

Sanders got way more votes than him and in this run, that does not seem fair
    No, but it was a timing issue. Biden's heart really was not in it when the primary season started. His son died, remember? I think Biden's the one waiting in the wings waiting for Hillary to be pushed out.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If Hillary chose to step down (she won't, but if she did) then it would be up to the DNC so select and vote for a new candidate to nominate. That person could be any Democrat they want. I am pretty confident that the DNC establishment would not select Sanders in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Yup

Likewise, if Trump got on TV one day, yelled "psyche!," and quit, they'd just push Pence up the ticket.
    RNC would do the exact same as the DNC. The RNC committee would select and then vote on a candidate to replace Trump as the nominee. This person could be literally any Republican in America, and it would certainly be someone that the status quo RNC establishmentarians liked.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    RNC would do the exact same as the DNC. The RNC committee would select and then vote on a candidate to replace Trump as the nominee. This person could be literally any Republican in America, and it would certainly be someone that the status quo RNC establishmentarians liked.
    Does everyone have Zippy on ignore?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    The DNC (or RNC if it happened to Trump) would be able to select a replacement. They could pop someone like Joe Biden in there, or Sanders, but neither would get them the win. It's really more likely they would do anything to get Clinton in there in spite of health or legal standing... and many would cheer them along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    If Hillary chose to step down (she won't, but if she did) then it would be up to the DNC so select and vote for a new candidate to nominate. That person could be any Democrat they want. I am pretty confident that the DNC establishment would not select Sanders in that situation.

Good info.

Thank you all. It does not seem likely as of this weekend that she will step down ... but there are apparently more leaks coming about her conduct while in office.

Sanders is totally establishment. I don't see that they would have any problem with him. I think his charlatan left cover talking points would help the Dems.

Corruption? What Corruption?

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since when do the Democrats or the GOP care about fairness?

Kaine used to be a cheerleader apparently.
    So were Reagan and Eisenhower. (and George W Bush).
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 09-11-2016 at 06:26 PM.

it would be Biden, perhaps Kerry but Biden far more likely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast