Thread: Georgia man who threw boiled water on gay men gets 40 years

Georgia man who threw boiled water on gay men gets 40 years

Federal hate crime investigation has been launched:

Georgia man who threw boiled water on gay men gets 40 years

Tribune news services

A judge sentenced a Georgia man to 40 years in prison Wednesday for throwing boiled water on a gay couple sleeping in an apartment, leaving them with severe burns that required surgery.

Prosecutors said it was a vicious, premeditated attack. Tolbert testified that after pouring hot water on them, Blackwell grabbed him as he jumped and screamed in pain and told him: "Get out of my house with all that gay."
    Georgia doesn't have a hate crime law. The FBI said in March that it had opened a hate crime investigation, but spokesman Kevin Rowson said Wednesday that the agency isn't commenting on that probe.
    Blackwell's defense attorney acknowledged that he poured water on the pair, but asked jurors to find that it was reckless conduct.
    "It's not about hate. It's about old-school culture, old-school thinking," Monique Walker told the jury.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...824-story.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Next time maybe ice water?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I don't know about 40 years but that guy is obviously a mental case.

Btw (From the article, one of the victims was the son of the perpetrators girlfriend.)
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 08-24-2016 at 09:28 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    I don't know about 40 years but that guy is obviously a mental case.

Btw (From the article, one of the victims was the son of the perpetrators girlfriend.)
    Blackwell's defense attorney acknowledged that he poured water on the pair, but asked jurors to find that it was reckless conduct.
    "It's not about hate. It's about old-school culture, old-school thinking," Monique Walker told the jury.
    Wonder if his "old school" thinking was influenced by his religious beliefs.
    Some Christians essentially believe that God will pour boiling water, fire on gays.

Gay-Accepting Christians Going To Hell Right Alongside Gays, Says Pat Robertson

I guess now we'll have to ban water.

Quote Originally Posted by adissa View Post
    It's the only logical course of action. If it wasn't for water, they wouldn't have been injured.
    I am the spoon.

that's ridiculous, we need sensible legislation... like boiling permits

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No pans/buckets, water was just the ammo.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.