Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In Reversal, Gov. Gary Johnson Now Supports Mandatory Vaccination

In Reversal, Gov. Gary Johnson Now Supports Mandatory Vaccination

I don't want to perpetually post bad stuff about Johnson. I completely understand people voting for him. I don't think it will do anything but reasonable people can differ.

But this guy doesn't represent my views. And I am sure people will find this interesting. http://digital.vpr.net/post/reversal...ation#stream/0

“You know, since I’ve said that … I’ve come to find out that without mandatory vaccines, the vaccines that would in fact be issued would not be effective,” he said. “So … it’s dependent that you have mandatory vaccines so that every child is immune. Otherwise, not all children will be immune even though they receive a vaccine.”

“In my opinion, this is a local issue. If it ends up to be a federal issue, I would come down on the side of science and I would probably require that vaccine,” he said.

Not exactly Ayn Rand's view. http://www.peikoff.com/2009/12/07/wh...of-quarantine/

I won't even start a new thread for this. He is for mandatory GMO labeling. The guy takes the $#@!head position everything.
    https://www.isidewith.com/candidate-...nce/gmo-labels
    Last edited by Krugminator2; 08-24-2016 at 06:52 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    talk about wearing your ass for a hat...and then there is THIS:

"I’ve come to find out that without mandatory vaccines, the vaccines that would in fact be issued would not be effective,”... “So … it’s dependent that you have mandatory vaccines so that every child is immune. Otherwise, not all children will be immune even though they receive a vaccine.”

a sphincter sez whut?

$#@! off gary

here is MY mandatory vaccine for YOU!

Last edited by jkr; 08-24-2016 at 06:54 PM.
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Can we move news about this control freak out of the Liberty Campaign forums already? Put him in the trash heap with Hillary and Trump.

Anyone know stock symbol for any vaccination companies ?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    talk about wearing your ass for a hat...and then there is THIS:

"I’ve come to find out that without mandatory vaccines, the vaccines that would in fact be issued would not be effective,”... “So … it’s dependent that you have mandatory vaccines so that every child is immune. Otherwise, not all children will be immune even though they receive a vaccine.”

a sphincter sez whut?

$#@! off gary

here is MY mandatory vaccine for YOU!

If its any consolation, hes definitely not going to win
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Can we move news about this control freak out of the Liberty Campaign forums already? Put him in the trash heap with Hillary and Trump.
    Yeah. Time for an re-evaluation check. I won't be able to get to it until Monday but his candidate re-evaluation thread needs to be re-visited. Mandatory non-smoking. Mandatory vacs. His V.P.'s gun stance. Sorry, but it's re-evaluation time and come Monday his letter grade might just put him in the "non-support" range.

Yes, please....

Maybe they could go here instead...http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...s-Case-Studies
    "The Patriarch"

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Trump beats him on this as well. That's not good.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Barr may have actually been better than this guy

Yeah, I'm with specs on this one. Good call, specs.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Mandatory non-smoking.
    Let's be specific here: Johnson supports mandatory non-smoking of *tobacco*.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

“OK, you bring the syringe, I’ll bring my .45, and we’ll see who makes a bigger hole.” ~ Michael Badnarik (A REAL Libertarian Candidate)
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Gary Johnson Alters Position: Now Supports Mandatory Vaccination

Gary Johnson Alters Position: Now Supports Mandatory Vaccination
    http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/jo...#ixzz4IMhBHa32

Libertarian Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson recently reversed his stance on mandatory vaccination. Governor Johnson had previously held a staunchly pro-choice position, allowing each individual to choose for himself and each parent to choose on behalf of their child to vaccinate or not. Recently Johnson reversed his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Gay Johnson
    In my opinion, this is a local issue. If it ends up to be a federal issue, I would come down on the side of science, and I would probably require that vaccine.”
    In phrasing it that way, Gary Johnson appears to have difficulty with two concepts: 1) What is science and 2) what are individual rights.

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/jo...#ixzz4IMhGyC2J

What a freaking clown.

How the Libertarian Party can even stand for this nonsense defies belief. In that one quote he tried to hedge, but actually said that he supports a federal mandate.

That pisses me off. I use an alternate vaccine schedule for my children. Hep B Vaccine at birth (as per schedule)? No... neither my wife nor I have that particular STD. Ilotycin Gel in Newborn's eyes? NOPE! Neither my wife nor I have chlamydia or gonorrhea. 5-6 shots at once every two months (as per schedule)? No thanks. We prefer monthly visits and stagger the shots so as not to overwhelm the fragile immune system.

If Johnson thinks he or ANY statist politician can force me to do ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT I DEEM APPROPRIATE FOR MY CHILDREN, he is gravely mistaken.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    What a freaking clown.

How the Libertarian Party can even stand for this nonsense defies belief. In that one quote he tried to hedge, but actually said that he supports a federal mandate.

That pisses me off. I use an alternate vaccine schedule for my children. Hep B Vaccine at birth (as per schedule)? No... neither my wife nor I have that particular STD. Ilotycin Gel in Newborn's eyes? NOPE! Neither my wife nor I have chlamydia or gonorrhea. 5-6 shots at once every two months (as per schedule)? No thanks. We prefer monthly visits and stagger the shots so as not to overwhelm the fragile immune system.

If Johnson thinks he or ANY statist politician can force me to do ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT I DEEM APPROPRIATE FOR MY CHILDREN, he is gravely mistaken.
    The LP lost me when they nominated Bob Barr in 2008. They lost me again when the nominated Gary Johnson in 2012 and he said that we should intervene in Darfur. Three strikes and you're out.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAnIllegalImmigrant View Post
    In phrasing it that way, Gary Johnson appears to have difficulty with two concepts: 1) What is science and 2) what are individual rights.

And it seems Gary Johnson has difficulty with the actual job description for POTUS. He seems to think it is a President's job to promote science, not protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Honestly...enough is enough already with this Johnson ass clown.

Outside of Vermin Supreme or writing in Ron Paul, Castle is the only one in this race worthy of a "real" vote.

It doesn't matter. Libertarian votes weren't important. Moderate ones were. This is pitch perfect for moderate democrats and republicans, who are decidedly pro-vax.

And as for self-identifying "libertarians," the jury is still out. It appears about half support mandatory vaccinations.

Full disclosure: My family doesn't vaccinate.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Honestly...enough is enough already with this Johnson ass clown.

Outside of Vermin Supreme or writing in Ron Paul, Castle is the only one in this race worthy of a "real" vote.
    Indeed.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

They are not your children. You are only granted responsibility for their financial and liability needs. Once it becomes known that you are non compliant, the powers that be remove the children and place them with a more suitable custodian.

“You know, since I’ve said that … I’ve come to find out that without mandatory vaccines, the vaccines that would in fact be issued would not be effective,” he said. “So … it’s dependent that you have mandatory vaccines so that every child is immune. Otherwise, not all children will be immune even though they receive a vaccine.”
    So wait...

If I get a vaccinated against yellow fever, this logic means that the vaccine is worthless, since everybody else is not vaccinated against it.

This is the "herd immunity" argument all over again.

And a good glimpse into what GJ considers us to be...the mindless herd to be controlled, by science.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    It doesn't matter. Libertarian votes weren't important. Moderate ones were. This is pitch perfect for moderate democrats and republicans, who are decidedly pro-vax.

And as for self-identifying "libertarians," the jury is still out. It appears about half support mandatory vaccinations.

Full disclosure: My family doesn't vaccinate.
    So he's lying?

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    They are not your children. You are only granted responsibility for their financial and liability needs. Once it becomes known that you are non compliant, the powers that be remove the children and place them with a more suitable custodian.
    Bingo...

Your home, your land, the fruits of your labor or your loins...you own none of it.

You are just renting it from government.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So he's lying?
    Could be lying to get votes. You'll have to decide for yourself whether to take his word for it whether he "didn't realize that." If you do believe he's a lying snake then you can draw that conclusion. I haven't heard him lie flagrantly.

Good on the OP for pointing out that Johnson thinks that like abortion and other things this is a tenth amendment issue. Bad on everybody else for ignoring that.

Is there a link to the full interview? For some reason (hmmmm...) this NPR affiliate's post-interview report centered in on something that they knew would incense far-left progressives. I'm sure much more was discussed. Some of it may even have found approval on this forum.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Castle is the only one in this race worthy of a "real" vote.
    Hey wait a minute. What's this?

Should the government be allowed to seize private property, with reasonable compensation, for public or civic use? stats discuss
    Darrell Castle’s answer: Yes, as permitted by the Constitution when the seizure is necessary for public use and when fair market value is paid to the property owner

This seems a little like a violation of @Natural Citizen 's fundamental principle of liberty. And we're not talking about cakes here. We're talking about huge swaths of land.
    Last edited by undergroundrr; 08-25-2016 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    The LP lost me when they nominated Bob Barr in 2008. They lost me again when the nominated Gary Johnson in 2012 and he said that we should intervene in Darfur. Three strikes and you're out.
    Didn't he also join the "Stop Kony" bangwagon and say he'd be open to sending US troops to Uganda?

Didn't he also join the "Stop Kony" bangwagon and say he'd be open to sending US troops to Uganda?
    Yes, but you know, at one time Ron Paul thought it was a good idea to give Bush authority to send US troops to Afghanistan. Both were wrong. I still think both are good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Yes, but you know, at one time Ron Paul thought it was a good idea to give Bush authority to send US troops to Afghanistan. Both were wrong. I still think both are good guys.
    When did Ron support that?

When did Ron support that?
    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/107-2001/h342

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast