Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In Reversal, Gov. Gary Johnson Now Supports Mandatory Vaccination

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Not according to the SCROTUS in Kelo v. New London.

That "allows" ED takings for private gain in both Fed and State takings proceedings.

Which, BTW, that whole area where they ran everybody out of their homes, is still a blighted mess of urban weedscape.

Way to go goonverment.
    I do not consider SCOTUS to be any kind of authority on constitutionality. The Constitution does not grant them the authority to decide what is and is not constitutional, that's just something they randomly started doing and at the time nobody called them out on it. By the time someone figured out what they were really doing it had become the status quo. Mostly the justices are just a bunch of self absorbed childish lunatics trying to push their own brand of political authoritarianism.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah that's Ronald Bailey, (T)Reason's resident mandatory vaccine supporter.

He thinks this is freedom:

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I do not consider SCOTUS to be any kind of authority on constitutionality. The Constitution does not grant them the authority to decide what is and is not constitutional, that's just something they randomly started doing and at the time nobody called them out on it. By the time someone figured out what they were really doing it had become the status quo. Mostly the justices are just a bunch of self absorbed childish lunatics trying to push their own brand of political authoritarianism.
    Oh I hear you brother, loud and clear.

It does not change the fact that we live in a court imposed tyranny, where the clowns in gowns essentially dictate to us, exactly how things are gonna be.

I really wanted to support GJ. I really did. This is the last straw. It is either Castle or I will most likely stay home and not waste my time. Politically it was a smart move for GJ to take this stance. Libertarians are not that big of a voting block.

Also Herd immunity is just an observation study. It is not hard science.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    -Benjamin Franklin

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Can we move news about this control freak out of the Liberty Campaign forums already? Put him in the trash heap with Hillary and Trump.
    For real. Gary Johnson is not a liberty candidate in any way, shape or form. A politician like all of the rest. He has no understanding of libertarian philosophy. I hate that he will be what many people come to know as a libertarian.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

don't vote for this loser for sure, but don't stay home
    there are down ballot items that may be worth going
    real candidates or referendums
    maybe legalize the weed

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yep. That's correct. Lots of folks throw that term around the wrong way. There is a correct application and an incorrect application. Good work.
    As Gunny had mentioned, Eminent Domain is in the Constitution, and Castle properly identified it's correct application. I also have less than zero problem with this answer.

It's rather clear that his position is constitutional in the context he provided.
    So if the proper government to man relationship is a reflection on the proper man to man relationship, does that mean it is proper for me to seize property by eminent domain?

He said his opinion is leave it to the states. That's not the end of the world.

Do we really need one of these threads every single day? He's not going to pass your libertarian purity tests. We have already established that. We have two scumbag criminals running for the major parties on one hand and a decent honest good guy advancing a newly viable party. Why is this such a hard choice? Do some of you just want to continue your circle jerk or actually do something?

Honestly, what $#@!ing difference does it make?

You don't own your home or land anyways, you just pay rent to government to squat there.

The massa can take his $#@! back whenever he feels like it.
    Here, I think you could use this more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nils Dacke View Post
    What seems to be a very real issue here still, and which is why I think much care is needed when going into promote people rather than ideas, is how the support for Johnson turns into too easy of a dismissal of serious liberty issues. When one joins the supporting team of a candidate, it's nothing but human how our strong biases tends to take over and make us see past their very real errors. People might not support the worse parts of Johnson/Welds candidacy, but many most certainly downplays them in a way dangerous to our long time cause.
    HTH

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    He said his opinion is leave it to the states. That's not the end of the world.

Do we really need one of these threads every single day? He's not going to pass your libertarian purity tests. We have already established that. We have two scumbag criminals running for the major parties on one hand and a decent honest good guy advancing a newly viable party. Why is this such a hard choice? Do some of you just want to continue your circle jerk or actually do something?
    Setting yourself on fire with gasoline is "doing something".

Setting yourself on fire with gasoline is "doing something".
    Supporting a pro-NAP, anti-war candidate isn't analogous to setting oneself on fire with gasoline. Why not consider another semester in metaphor school?
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Supporting a pro-NAP, anti-war candidate isn't analogous to setting oneself on fire with gasoline. Why not consider another semester in metaphor school?
    Gary Johnson is not pro-NAP. He wants to use aggression against nuns if they refuse to pay for birth control.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting a pro-NAP
    The man openly contended that he'd send men with guns from the government to force Individuals and groups of Individuals to relinquish the principal support for their right to Life and Liberty itself.

So you're full of horse pucky with that pro-NAP spew. He's anti-NAP in the most fundamental and consequential way given that his contention is one that, because it is directly aggressive toward Individual Liberty's most fundamental supporting right, is aggressive to the right to Life and Liberty fully.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-26-2016 at 07:50 AM.

Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    What he basically said was that he knows that people have the right of choice and he's okay with it....well..until he's not okay with it and arbitrarily claims authority to decide otherwise.

Now that reminds me of what Jefferson was saying the other day...

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution" - Thomas Jefferson (Kentucky Resolutions)

The only way that he could get away with forcing Individuals to consume pharmaceutical products at gunpoint would be to make a claim of national security for the purpose of proceeding to function outside of the consent limitations of general Welfare as it relates to the defense of the United States.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-26-2016 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Thanks! That clears things up. I'd just been reading this article from Reason.

And I support a person's right to choose, so when it comes to vaccinations we should be able to make the decision whether we want to vaccinate our kids or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Thanks! That clears things up. I'd just been reading this article from Reason...

...And I support a person's right to choose, so when it comes to vaccinations we should be able to make the decision whether we want to vaccinate our kids or not.
    Not really. You conveniently left the other part of what he said out....

.....as president of the United States, you might find me mandating that vaccine.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-26-2016 at 08:57 AM.

"Look, in the case of a zombie apocalypse taking over the United States, and there is a vaccine for that, as president of the United States, you might find me mandating that vaccine."

"Look, in the case of a zombie apocalypse taking over the United States, and there is a vaccine for that, as president of the United States, you might find me mandating that vaccine."
    Thank You.

No such thing as zombies, though. Inserting zombies into the terms of controversy is as arbitrary as having morning coffeee.

Heck, me neighbor panics when someone sneezes in his immediate vicinity. In the company of a few people sneezing in his immediate vicinity, he'd likely consider it a "zombie apocalypse."

Opinions vary in terms of what one surmises a "zombie apocalypse" to be. As does the extent that one would pull out the old arbitrary victim status card.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-26-2016 at 09:15 AM.

Here's Gary Johnson's position:

"If any of you heard me say I support a carbon tax...Look, I haven't raised a penny of taxes in my politicial career and neither has Bill [Weld]. We were looking at—I was looking at—what I heard was a carbon fee which from a free-market standpoint would actually address the issue and cost less. I have determined that, you know what, it's a great theory but I don't think it can work, and I've worked my way through that.

"And I support a person's right to choose, so when it comes to vaccinations we should be able to make the decision whether we want to vaccinate our kids or not. I choose to vaccinate my kid and you never say never. Look, in the case of a zombie apocalypse taking over the United States, and there is a vaccine for that, as president of the United States, you might find me mandating that vaccine." - Gary Johnson, Aug. 25, 2016.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ...as president of the United States, you might find me mandating that vaccine." - Gary Johnson, Aug. 25, 2016.
    How would he enforce it? Hm? How, undergroundrr? If I say that I don't want to consume a given pharmaceutical product into my body, how is he going to enforce his mandate?
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-26-2016 at 09:30 AM.

How would he enforce it? Hm? How, undergroundrr?
    By being directly aggressive toward Individual Liberty's most fundamental supporting right, and aggressive to the right to Life and Liberty fully. I'm sure. Maybe he'd bake the vaccine into a fluffy chocolate cake and have it forcefully administered to toddlers that way.

Maybe he'd bake the vaccine into a fluffy chocolate cake and have it forcefully administered...

Well. If history is any indication, we can likely skip your idea that forced consumption of pharmaceurtical products will entail fluffy chocolate cake...

...as president of the United States, you might find me mandating that vaccine." - Gary Johnson, Aug. 25, 2016.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-26-2016 at 09:41 AM.

I'm sure if you replace zombies with Zika, ebola, or any other epidemic Gary Johnson would support mandatory vaccination.

Sorry you don't have the cultural context for "zombie apocalypse," but it's disingenuous not to include it in that quote.

Sorry you don't have the cultural context for "zombie apocalypse," but it's disingenuous not to include it in that quote.
    Not really, because Gary Johnson has already shown himself to love federal mandates. He supports a federal mandate with regards to birth control, he supports a federal mandate forcing states to recognize homosexual unions, he supports a federal mandate barring states from banning abortion. He supports government mandates outlawing smoking on private property.

He loves government mandates. No wonder he wants to give Mitt Romney a position in his fictional White House.

"zombie apocalypse,"...it's disingenuous not to include it in that quote.
    Zombies don't exist. As I correctly stated, they're as arbitrary to the terms of controversy as morning coffee is to breakfast.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-26-2016 at 09:48 AM.

cultural context
    Spoken like a right proper SJW.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-26-2016 at 09:47 AM.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAnIllegalImmigrant View Post
    I'm sure if you replace zombies with Zika, ebola, or any other epidemic Gary Johnson would support mandatory vaccination.
    Exactly correct.

Weasel words ( "zombie apocalypse" in this particular instance) are most often euphemisms for police action or other government force to get around limitations on Presidential powers. An important art of politicians is to find new names for institutions or policy which under old names have become odious to the public. This, of course, is disingenuous.

Apparently, undergroundrr thinks we're stupid or something. Heh. Gosh love him.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-26-2016 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAnIllegalImmigrant View Post
    He loves government mandates. No wonder he wants to give Mitt Romney a position in his fictional White House.
    He has his own take on religious liberty. But for you to lecture about it? You've called for a ban on Burkinis, burqas, niqabs, minarets, and Qurans.

As for "fictional White House," you seem to be correct about that unfortunately.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast