Thread: Armed Activists Illegally Feed Homeless in Dallas

Armed Activists Illegally Feed Homeless in Dallas

tube at source
    http://www.activistpost.com/2015/12/...d-and-fed.html

Well-Armed Activists Openly Defy Texas Law to Feed the Homeless – Hundreds Clothed and Fed

TOPICS:Matt AgoristPoverty
    December 22, 2015
    By Matt Agorist
    When feeding the homeless becomes an act of civil disobedience, Americans have been asleep for far too long.
    Luckily, however, there are still good people who are willing to defy such arbitrary and ill-conceived laws and ordinances.
    The folks over at the aptly named organization Don’t Comply, took to the streets just outside the Austin Street Shelter in Dallas this weekend to perform, what has now become a revolutionary act – feeding the homeless.

“We are not complying with a bad law today,” Matthew Short, PR director of Don’t Comply said. “Evidently the city of Dallas believes that it’s wrong, or bad, or unlawful for us to feed more than a certain number of people at a time. But, during Christmas, we want to show love to our community and give these people a chance to survive the winter, whether it be with blankets or coats, or just giving them a holiday party like today with all kinds of cookies, and goodies, turkey and dressing, and the whole nine yards.”
    Last December, the Dallas city council enacted Ordinance No. 29595, which makes it illegal to serve food to the homeless without jumping through a statist myriad of bureaucratic hoops, including a fee, training classes, and written notices.
    One should not need to file multiple forms and pay a fee to obtain a permit to give food to those in need who are willingly ready to accept it. The folks at Don’t Comply know this.

According to Brett Sanders, hundreds of homeless people showed up to not only enjoy a fantastic array of food, snacks and beverages – but there was also an assortment of winter clothing that was donated as well. “All of the homeless people that I talked to during the event were extremely grateful for the support and there was a sense of humanity that is indescribable. Interacting with other human beings whom most consider to be living life at rock bottom will likely alter your perspective on the world around you,” explained Sanders.
    The event went off without a hitch, even after code enforcers showed up. Lead organizer of the event, Murdoch Pizgatti was confronted by the enforcers who told him to file the proper paperwork upon the event’s conclusion to which, Pizgatti politely replied, “no.”
    “We’ve already had to speak to the police, they’ve already come and delivered code to us,” said Short, explaining what happened when the code enforcers showed up. “But, after shaking hands with them, they realized we’re all armed – and we’re gonna do what we’re gonna do because it’s not an immoral thing that we are doing.”
    Below is the powerful video shot by Brett Sanders showing the powerful effects of such moral civil disobedience.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm pretty sure committing a crime while armed turns that crime into a felony.

Unfortunately I think we have no choice but to throw these people into a penitentiary.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

fulking about time
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post

Unfortunately I think we have no choice but to throw these people into a penitentiary.
    Prison isn't a strong enough response, these people need to be publicly flogged daily. This sets a very dangerous precedent. This kind of flaunting of authority could give people "idea's".
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Prison isn't a strong enough response, these people need to be publicly flogged daily. This sets a very dangerous precedent. This kind of flaunting of authority could give people "idea's".
    If they are carrying weapons, they are most probably right wing extremist terrorists, also.

Maybe gitmo, would be appropriate.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

So when you are driving down a backcountry road in Texas in your 1974 Ford pickup with a shotgun in your window rack, and fail to use your blinker when turning...you are a felon?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    So when you are driving down a backcountry road in Texas in your 1974 Ford pickup with a shotgun in your window rack, and fail to use your blinker when turning...you are a felon?
    I could not use the signal , I had a Tall Boy in one hand and a Cuban cigar in the other .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I could not use the signal , I had a Tall Boy in one hand and a Cuban cigar in the other .
    You were a felon before you even stepped into the vehicle.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sadly, this is a serious matter. This act unfortunately is seen by many Americans as deserving of Summary Execution by Cop.

Depends. If you were you on the way to a gun range, or to go hunting, or other 2nd amendment protected gun use, then I think the penalty would be less severe.

But IANAL
    - Kim Kardashian

You were a felon before you even stepped into the vehicle.
    Nah , felon means you got caught .LOL . A Great Patriot and National Treasure like myself cannot be a felon .

Depends. If you were you on the way to a gun range, or to go hunting, or other 2nd amendment protected gun use, then I think the penalty would be less severe.

But IANAL
    Hunting is no exemption in Maine , they ticket you if the shotgun is loaded in the vehicle . Court summons , you have to take off work to pay the fine .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Hunting is no exemption in Maine , they ticket you if the shotgun is loaded in the vehicle . Court summons , you have to take off work to pay the fine .
    Seems like reasonable, common sense legislation .
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Sadly, this is a serious matter. This act unfortunately is seen by many Americans as deserving of Summary Execution by Cop.
    This is very serious and all people should be standing up against such ridiculous laws.
    There is no spoon.