Thread: 25 Must Have Items for Your Survival Hygiene Kit

25 Must Have Items for Your Survival Hygiene Kit

Lipstick? I would say lip balm, chapped lips are mighty uncomfortable. I would also add lotion and a hat. I guess your list would depend on if you're constantly on the move or camping. Personally, I'd rather dig a hole than deal with keeping a potty bucket clean and I could do without the deodorant - I rarely use it now.

Best Practices: 25 Items to Include in Your Survival Hygiene Kit

Soap (I prefer liquid castile soap)
    Toothpaste
    Toothbrush
    Razor plus some old denim for stropping
    Dental Floss
    Deodorant
    Shampoo
    Conditioner
    Sun Shower also called a Solar Shower (I have this one)
    Baking Soda (can be used as a shampoo substitute or as a toothpaste 50/50 with salt)
    Epsom Salt
    Laundry Soap (I use the DIY version)
    Potty Bucket (5 gallon bucket with seat)
    Kitty Litter or other organic material to use with the potty bucket
    Toilet Paper
    Mobile Washer
    Microfiber cloths to use for washing
    Cotton tea towels to use for drying (these are amazing and not too small for full-body use)
    Hair cutting scissors
    Nail Clippers
    Feminine supplies (if applicable; read more here)
    Diapers (if applicable)
    Comb
    Hand Mirror
    Lipstick (optional)

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/08/...l-hygiene-kit/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Condoms.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Imagine those nasty fire ants biting and having nothing to put on the bite.

Pac-Kit by First Aid Only 19-001 Sting Relief Swab (Box of 10)

At least three of those can be replaced by coconut oil

didja ever notice the word oil is damn hard to type without looking at the kbd?
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Can I just pack my camper and call it even?

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Lipstick? I would say lip balm, chapped lips are mighty uncomfortable. I would also add lotion and a hat. I guess your list would depend on if you're constantly on the move or camping. Personally, I'd rather dig a hole than deal with keeping a potty bucket clean and I could do without the deodorant - I rarely use it now.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2016/08/...l-hygiene-kit/
    I agree , lip balm , vaseline , palm mirror , scissors , nail clippers , soap , salt , vinegar, comb , brush , tooth brush, baking soda, shovel , hat ,sunglasses .....ought to be good enough ....
    Last edited by oyarde; 08-26-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I agree , lip balm , vaseline , palm mirror , scissors , nail clippers , soap , salt , vinegar, comb , brush , tooth brush .....ought to be good enough ....
    I could get by with your list but I would add baking soda. It makes a great toothpaste and, obviously, has a lot of other uses. I would also want some hair doodles to keep my hair tied back but if I were in an on the move situation, I would probably just cut it all off. I also wouldn't need a brush. I rarely use one now.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Condoms.
    Where's you sense of adventure?
    I am the spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fire, water, shelter and food that you can either hunt and gather. The tools you need for these four needs are about all you need.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I could get by with your list but I would add baking soda. It makes a great toothpaste and, obviously, has a lot of other uses. I would also want some hair doodles to keep my hair tied back but if I were in an on the move situation, I would probably just cut it all off. I also wouldn't need a brush. I rarely use one now.
    I revised it ,( I meant to add baking soda ) , but , yeah , I could live with that for awhile without even feeling like I was roughing it .

It depends on what situation they're talking about surviving. Most of that list is utter garbage for an actual SHTF scenario, though by all means add it to the 1000 other things these sites suggest you have with you; it'll slow you down long enough for me to outpace you and find a good spot to hide and hunt.

Lipstick would be good if you had to leave messages of some kind or to doll yourself up to look more helpless. If you have the right shade, it makes a very convincing series of bruises, and people eat that stuff up. Anything to make yourself look pitiable instead of dangerous in the right situation; lulling people into a false sense of security can be its own weapon.

Of course, I won't need to pretend that I'm pitiable if I'm lugging around a bag of kitty litter and a five-gallon potty bucket.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    It depends on what situation they're talking about surviving. Most of that list is utter garbage for an actual SHTF scenario, though by all means add it to the 1000 other things these sites suggest you have with you; it'll slow you down long enough for me to outpace you and find a good spot to hide and hunt.

Lipstick would be good if you had to leave messages of some kind or to doll yourself up to look more helpless. If you have the right shade, it makes a very convincing series of bruises, and people eat that stuff up. Anything to make yourself look pitiable instead of dangerous in the right situation; lulling people into a false sense of security can be its own weapon.

Of course, I won't need to pretend that I'm pitiable if I'm lugging around a bag of kitty litter and a five-gallon potty bucket.
    Yeah , no way I am lugging that bucket , I would assume that is for stationary use only . Still sounds stinky , I am not trying it .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Yeah , no way I am lugging that bucket , I would assume that is for stationary use only . Still sounds stinky , I am not trying it .
    Trenches and ashes are likely to work just fine if you're not going to stay in an area too terribly long.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Trenches and ashes are likely to work just fine if you're not going to stay in an area too terribly long.
    Yeah , I would be going with dirt for sure .

I have to admit, those solar showers are pretty nifty. We've done some primitive camping and I thought about buying one after a particularly miserable encounter with ice cold water.

small bottle of rubbing alcohol, band aids. Infection can kill, and the odds of infection would be high tromping about the countryside with an open cut. Alot of that stuff isn't necessary, like a bar of soap will work on your hair to. In SHTF, doubt conditioner will be a survival item. Also, some of that stuff you would only use if you are at a defined location like the toilet. So, in that case, unless it's an EMP, I'm good. I have a small solar setup, it's got enough juice to run the washing machine, microwave, refrigerator. Not all at once of course. I wouldn't miss much really, I could still run my refrigerator, computer, and light at night.
    Last edited by RonPaulIsGreat; 08-28-2016 at 08:30 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Extra glasses, contact lenses, and contact solution.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

25 26 Must Have Items for Your Survival Kit

26. MelissaWV

Tweezers, hydrogen peroxide