Thread: Rodeo clown needs work

Rodeo clown needs work

From Drudge;

Rodeo clown fired for comments about gender identity at Calhoun Co. fair

http://www.wilx.com/content/news/Rod...390965081.html

One of the jobs of a rodeo clown is to provide comic relief, but a clown at the Calhoun County Fair went too far, in the eyes of organizers, when he made jokes about gender identity.

A viewer sent News 10 video of the incident, which happened during a rodeo event at the fairgrounds on August 18.

"You're either a boy or a girl, y’all understand," said "Rockin' Robbie Hodges, an independent contractor for Lost Nations Rodeo Company. "If you're confused then you need help, okay?"

"Everybody in here who's really sure they're a boy raise your hand," said Hodges. "If you can tinkle on a fire you go to the boys room, if you can't, you go to the girls room, right?"

The crowd seemed to laugh at Hodge's comments, however fair organizers are far from laughing.

"I was very disappointed, because we do not put on a platform for that to happen here," said Megan Harvey, the Executive Director for the Calhoun County Fair.

The viewer who sent News 10 the video said many people left the rodeo following Hodge's comments.

The Calhoun County Fair contracted Lost Nations Rodeo Company for services.

Shilo Walden of Lost Nations Rodeo Company says Hodges was fired after the comments were brought to his attention that night.

Hodges was an independent contractor with the company.

Lost Nations Rodeo issued a statement to News 10 formally apologizing for the comments.

"Lost Nations Rodeo was unaware that those comments would be made and were off script. Hodges is a well-decorated entertainer, and while we appreciate his services, we do not share the same views or opinions. We sincerely apologize again to all of our fans and look forward to entertaining you in the future.”

Harvey says this is the second year the county fair has contracted Lost Nations Rodeo for its services.

"Every year, we go to a convention in January, and there are several different companies in Grand Rapids looking for our business to contract them for fairs. They were there as one of the rodeo companies," said Harvey.

Before contracting any service, fair organizers conduct research and look at reviews for each company.

"We've had really good reviews on them with several other fairs," said Harvey. "We check out where they've been and make sure they have a good following and this has never come up at all."

The Calhoun County Fair Board will decide if Lost Nations Rodeo will be invited back for another year.

"I never want to see anyone lose their job because we all have a family to support and so on, but I hope he takes home that he can't do that and this is a family-friendly event," said Harvey.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rodeo Clown Lives Don't Matter
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Rodeo Clown Lives Don't Matter
    Certainly not in the face of someone who either wants a penis or wants to get rid of one...

Megan Harvey needs to be tied to the ass end of a bronc for a bit to help her get her priorities straight.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Certainly not in the face of someone who either wants a penis or wants to get rid of one...

Megan Harvey needs to be tied to the ass end of a bronc for a bit to help her get her priorities straight.
    A Ford Bronc
    I am the spoon.

The viewer who sent News 10 the video said many people left the rodeo following Hodge's comments.
    somehow I really doubt that.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Left to use/check the restrooms.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Maybe they were lost to begin wtih
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Maybe they were lost to begin wtih
    Or it was just one douchebag that got offended and when he sent it to the news he wanted to make it seem like there were more douchebags like him in the audience than there really was. eg: there is a fun little rodeo in this state, and the reviews of it online are almost unanimously positive, the lone negative review is some douchebag that didn't really gripe about the rodeo itself but was offended by the announcer making culture war jokes and saying a prayer.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Remember that other(?) rodeo clown story from some years ago? There was extensive coverage from the mainstream media after a rodeo clown wore an Obama mask during a skit, because "racism".

Here's the guy. Missouri rodeo circuit banned him for life for wearing an Obama mask!
    The resulting outrage was phenomonal - every station reported on it, argued over it, and some members of the NAACP wanted it investigated! I guess they were hoping for similar outrage here.
    Last edited by Valli6; 08-24-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Remember that other(?) rodeo clown story from some years ago? There was extensive coverage from the mainstream media after a rodeo clown wore an Obama mask during a skit, because "racism".
    Don'tcha know cowpokes are racist by virtue of birth.......

Oh man, I see TWO hate crimes in this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Or it was just one douchebag that got offended and when he sent it to the news he wanted to make it seem like there were more douchebags like him in the audience than there really was. eg: there is a fun little rodeo in this state, and the reviews of it online are almost unanimously positive, the lone negative review is some douchebag that didn't really gripe about the rodeo itself but was offended by the announcer making culture war jokes and saying a prayer.
    Just one douchebag , my guess

That's all it takes in this sick, decaying, mess...one douchebag.

Rockin' Robbie's gender test is a little off. I have known some good dick- loving ladies that could pee on the fire just fine.