Thread: Deaf Lives Matter

Deaf Lives Matter

Vigil held for deaf man killed by trooper

Rachel Brown ,
    August 23, 2016

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Several unanswered questions surround the death of a deaf man shot and killed by state police.

Police said state trooper Jermaine Saunders attempted to pull Daniel Harris over for speeding on I-485.

Trooper Jermaine Saunders.

Authorities said Harris didn't comply and led them on a high-speed chase back to his Seven Oaks home. Steps away from his front door, police said there was an encounter. Harris was shot and killed.

Monday night, flowers lined the pavement.

A little boy lit a candle for his father, Daniel Harris, now gone out of his life forever.

“Oh, he was a handsome man. We had a beautiful smile. It was easy to smile too. Great sense of humor, sociable,” said Daniel’s brother Sam Harris.
    A lot of hugs, a lot tears...vigil for Daniel Harris, deaf man killed in front of his house last week. @wcnc pic.twitter.com/ulOW3lG6au
    — Rachel Brown (@RachelWCNC) August 23, 2016
    Just like him Sam, his parents, and several family members, Daniel Harris was deaf.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/vigil...oper/305538904

Criminal investigation has been opened per latest update.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One less reckless driver off our roads. That may have saved future innocent drivers and passengers.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Thread reminds me of KramerDSP, wonder how KramerDSP is doing.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Its a slippery slope. If we let deaf people get away with ignoring Officer commands without getting shot, pretty soon mentally ill people would start getting away with it too.

Then kids would start getting away with it.

Then everybody would start getting away with it, just ignoring Officer commands and not even getting shot.

It would be anarchy.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Yeah, just like the immediate devastation that Brexit was gonna cause. Oh, wait...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

police said there was an encounter.
    An "encounter"? What is that supposed to mean?

So a white deaf guy was killed by a black cop. Who is supposed to support who in this situation? Does BLM go against the black cop for a white person? Do the right wing "blue lives matter" folks mindlessly line up behind the cop? We have racial minority versus disabled minority action going on here. Who does the ACLU side with? Because...ya know, neither of these people are actually people. Identity matters only to the point of where it fits into an agenda.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

A female police officer almost shot me in March of 2015 for getting out of my car prematurely. She was so embarrassed by the incident that she let me go after nabbing me for a 75 mph speed violation in a 45 mph zone. I wanted to talk to the officer because I had to be somewhere quickly and couldn't wait around for a half hour while she processed the ticket.
    Last edited by AuH20; 08-24-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So a white deaf guy was killed by a black cop. Who is supposed to support who in this situation? Does BLM go against the black cop for a white person? Do the right wing "blue lives matter" folks mindlessly line up behind the cop? We have racial minority versus disabled minority action going on here. Who does the ACLU side with? Because...ya know, neither of these people are actually people. Identity matters only to the point of where it fits into an agenda.
    Thought provoking questions... but this list missed one popular analogy featuring controversial DGP.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    An "encounter"? What is that supposed to mean?
    It means there was an Officer-involved shooting.

There was a shooting, where an Officer was involved, is what that means.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Remember how people get really annoyed when you say "all lives matter"? Remember when some folks mentioned that it's not really a race issue so much as myriad other factors that allow the police to dehumanize a "civilian" and give them the impression that their lives are constantly in danger? Remember when they were told they were missing the point?

Nah. Figment of my imagination.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

No lives matter, not to cops anyway.

In a cop's mind there are only three types of people in this world:

Cops.

Cop's friends and families.

Scumbags.

You and me and everything and everyone we love, are, unless you have a cop in the close family, scumbags.

A cop has the law, the state and the powerful police unions to watch his back as he shoots first and asks questions later, because no scumbag is going to get the drop on him, in the daily "warzone" they have to work in.

Avoid these deranged, criminal lunatics at all costs.

As much as possible:

Do not call them.

Do not interact with them.

Go into every encounter that you have to have, with the clear understanding that the state enforcer on the other end has nothing but the most abject contempt for you and your family, their smarmy fake "sir" addresses notwithstanding. Understand the extreme threat your life is under while the state enforcer is in your space. Do everything possible to deescalate and limit the amount of time you interact with them to an absolute minimum.

If you have cops in the family, shun them. Make it clear that by putting on that badge, that from that point on everything they do and stand far, is unwelcome in your home.