Thread: Miami Restaurant to Gary Johnson: Take your campaign cameras outside

Miami Restaurant to Gary Johnson: Take your campaign cameras outside

Johnson introduced himself to a diner who didn’t recognize him, shook hands and then sat down at a circular table near the door, not in a side room that is typically reserved for politicians holding events. Surrounded by TV cameras and reporters, Johnson began to do a radio interview. That’s when a manager asked the media to leave.

Johnson followed suit — and a political rite-of-passage was relegated to the parking lot.
    “I didn’t get authorization,” a manager who gave his first name as Reinaldo told a Miami Herald reporter when asked if Johnson had permission to schedule a campaign stop inside.
    Johnson took the incident in stride. He walked outside the restaurant and continued to talk with reporters and voters.
    “You know, I’ll just walk outside,” Johnson said when asked why he left the restaurant. “I have no idea and it doesn’t bother me. They said, ‘We want you to sign a disclosure.’ … Fine, we’ll just go outside.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/entertain...e96372867.html

BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably thinks the property owner should be forced to allow candidates to do media interviews.

He did the right thing and was cool about it. I'll give credit where credit is due.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    He did the right thing and was cool about it. I'll give credit where credit is due.
    Wouldn't the right thing to do be to ask the business owner for permission ahead of time?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Wouldn't the right thing to do be to ask the business owner for permission ahead of time?
    Yes, but as someone in the restaurant business, people rarely think like that and they're usually dicks about it when you ask them to leave. He seemed cool about it so I cut him some slack.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Yeah, Johnson or his campaign made a mistake, God forbid they do. He handled it normally.

I would just call ahead and let 'em know I was bringing Yhuuuge business and make the media people buy me beers .

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Yes, but as someone in the restaurant business, people rarely think like that and they're usually dicks about it when you ask them to leave. He seemed cool about it so I cut him some slack.
    Fair enough. My point was more to the fact regarding his dismissal of property rights of business owners.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fair enough. My point was more to the fact regarding his dismissal of property rights of business owners.
    I got it and you're absolutely right.

My point was more to the fact regarding his dismissal of property rights of business owners.
    Dismissing the property rights of business owners is the same thing as dismissing the property rights of Individuals and groups of Individuals.

Which I know that you know. I'm just adding to it here for sake of clarity in scope.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 08-23-2016 at 07:58 PM.

Yeah, where did he think he was, Grand Central Station?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Yeah, where did he think he was, Grand Central Station?
    A Cafe in little Havana , , I wonder how his Spanish is ?

Uhh...

You're digging where there is nothing to be dug.

He came and attempted to do an interview and when the media was asked to leave, he took his interview outside. Nothing anti-property rights about it.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll