Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gary Supports a Smoking Ban in Private Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    During that time, the Republicans were duking it out, and the more Bernie talked, and the more we heard about superdelegates, the more it looked like Hillary would win the nomination. I think some people started looking at the array of Republican candidates to try to figure out who could be Hillary.
    I get it. Well, there are four choices now that affect election outcome.

1. Vote for Hillary. Fascism for at least 4 years.
    2. Vote for trump. Fascism for probably a lot longer than that.
    3. Vote for Johnson. Raise the profile of the LP a smidge.
    4. Vote for McMullin. Sink the LP, help out the neocons.

If the CP were actually trying, I'd say voting for Castle is a fifth option. As it is, a Castle vote is equivalent to writing in Ron Paul, Vermin Supreme or Giant Meteor.
    Partisan politics, misleading or emotional bill titles, and 4D chess theories are manifestations of the same lie—that the text of the Constitution, the text of legislation, and plain facts do not matter; what matters is what you want to believe. From this comes hypocrisy. And where hypocrisy thrives, virtue recedes. Without virtue, liberty dies. - Justin Amash, March 2018

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would not. I don't think Johnson can do any of that. He was not able to advance liberty in New Mexico with such a small population, so it is doubtful he will be able to do it in Washington. He has expressed in an interest in expanding some government and taking away individual rights. It doesn't matter how much of my own money I get to keep when I face the threat of government because I value my Constitutional freedoms.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Are you saying that you wouldn't push the button even if the final effect (CRA extended to gays) were removed?
    My words were clear.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    My words were clear.
    No, not really, that's why I asked for a clarification.

You implied that even the libertarian reforms listed might have unintended bad consequences, and that you'd therefore not support them.

That being quite insane, I couldn't believe that's what you actually meant, hence the request for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post

Hillary is guaranteed 8 years in office if she wins.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAnIllegalImmigrant View Post
    Hillary is guaranteed 8 years in office if she wins.
    I believe that Hillary will probably be permanently hospitalized with some neurological disease (maybe Parkinson's?) within 3 years. So I do not believe she is guaranteed 8 years in office. She will probably be dead in 5 to 6 years.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sobs? Your response is textbook of the variety offered where there is nothing else to offer. I think the questions are valid, yet you appear to be deflecting. Why?
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is this ultra principled candidate you are waiting for a labor protectionist?

And I would set in place strict and non-negotiable controls on immigration. There would be no H1B nonsense. No wandering across the border. No hiring ditch diggers from Turkey because nobody in country is willing to do it for 10 francs/hour. If the market demand is that high, employers would be required to meet the labor demand in the honest way by raising wages and perhaps prices, rather than scraping the barrel of $#@! holes like Turkey. If digging ditches is that important, people will pay to have them dug. Otherwise, the ditch digging businesses will become extinct and the diggers will have to find other ways to occupy themselves. There are no guarantees in this life.
    could be a trump slogan, 'no guarantees!'.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    No, not really, that's why I asked for a clarification.

You implied that even the libertarian reforms listed might have unintended bad consequences, and that you'd therefore not support them.
    That is not what I wrote. I wrote that I would not support anything I did not sufficiently understand. My precise words were:

Without understanding the radiating effects, nope.
    For Christ's sake... you'd think I was writing in Greek. In fact, lets try some Greek:

Χωρίς την κατανόηση των ακτινοβολεί επιπτώσεις, όχι
    That being quite insane, I couldn't believe that's what you actually meant, hence the request for clarification.
    I would say you need to get into a better habit of reading what is written and paying some attention to it. I was not vague in the least.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Your apparently gratuitous use of "fascism" doesn't help you here in the least.

Given that strong nationalism is a key element of fascism, your assertion regarding Clinton passes no muster. Given the key element of racism, I would say that at best you have not made your case with respect to Trump.

As for point 3, do you mean to imply that "rais[ing] the LP profile a smidge" would be the defining characteristic and result of a Johnson presidency? Seems you are setting your sights pretty damned low.

I cannot speak to point the fourth because I have no idea who that is.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post

2. Vote for trump. Fascism for probably a lot longer than that.
    3. Vote for Johnson. Raise the profile of the LP a smidge.
    4. Vote for McMullin. Sink the LP, help out the neocons.

If the CP were actually trying, I'd say voting for Castle is a fifth option. As it is, a Castle vote is equivalent to writing in Ron Paul, Vermin Supreme or Giant Meteor.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234