Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump Would Resume Sales of Militarized Gear to Police

Trump Would Resume Sales of Militarized Gear to Police

Police union members in Ohio today quizzed Donald Trump about protective gear, saying President Obama has banned practice of sales of surplus military equipment to police department.

Trump says he wold resume such sales, saying “Yes, I would. I think it’s ridiculous” the practice was stopped

NOTE: Obama by executive order in May 2015 stopped the sale of some military equipment to law enforcement agencies in the wake of criticism of the paramilitary-like forces used to quell riots in a St. Louis suburb in August 2014
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/tr...gear-to-police

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mike Brown & other fat racist pieces of $#@! are dead, because of 9mm or .40 or whateverammo & generic chokeholds.

The guy selling selling looses didn't experience a militarized choke hold. Maybe the cop travelled to Israel and learnt Krav maga.

The cop should use whatever they want, it's who and what buildings they are going into that are the problem.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 08-23-2016 at 06:22 PM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

If I was not out before, I'm for sure out now.

It's no surprise that Giuliani is on the Trump train.

Our Officers are great. Great people, just fantastic.

They do an amazing job.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

The main problem I have with Trump is that his message is "make America great again" v. make it FREE.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Cops probably shouldn't have tanks. M6 rifles and body armor, meh probably won't matter much either way.

Trump's new campaign slogan #yourlifedoesntmatter

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yay! America! Trump-style!!

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

That right there is FREEDOM, my friend. Wake up and smell it!
    Chris

"Government ... does not exist of necessity, but rather by virtue of a tragic, almost comical combination of klutzy, opportunistic terrorism against sitting ducks whom it pretends to shelter, plus our childish phobia of responsibility, praying to be exempted from the hard reality of life on life's terms." Wolf DeVoon

"...Make America Great Again. I'm interested in making American FREE again. Then the greatness will come automatically."Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

There was a report of a Mexican working as a dishwasher at the local Chinese buffet. Officers have to be cautious and also use all of their WoB money.

Trump Wants Police to Keep Getting Military Equipment From the Pentagon

Donald Trump says he would rescind President Obama's executive order halting the transfer of military equipment to police.

C.J. Ciaramella|Aug. 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Donald Trump says he would restart a controversial federal program that transfers surplus military equipment to local police departments, The Guardian reported Monday night:

During discussions at a fraternal order of police lodge in Akron, Trump was asked by one questioner if he would return "military equipment" to law enforcement, according to a pool reporter who observed the event.

"Yes, I would," said Trump, who added that the current situation facing law enforcement was "ridiculous."

President Obama issued an executive order last May banning the transfer of several categories of military surplus equipment, such as bayonets, grenade launchers, heavy machine guns, and tanks, from the Pentagon to local police departments under the federal government's 1033 program.

The Obama administration came under a hail of criticism from Black Lives Matter and civil rights groups who said the 1033 program contributed heavily to the militarization of police on display during the protests in Ferguson, Missouri.

In a Fraternal Order of Police presidential candidate survey released last month, Trump also pledged to rescind the executive order, calling it an "excellent program that enhances community safety."

Trump has in recent months worked to frame himself as the "law and order" candidate, bashing the Obama administration's commutation efforts for putting "bad dudes" back on the street. "There is no compassion in tolerating lawless conduct," Trump said in a speech last Tuesday. "Crime and violence is an attack on the poor, and will never be accepted in a Trump Administration."

However, the White House is also now re-reviewing the 1033 program after meeting with law enforcement leaders in the wake of the fatal shootings of five police officers in Dallas. Law enforcement groups have been pressing the administration to revive the program, saying local police departments are now unable to afford vital equipment.

Jim Pasco, the executive director of the FOP, said he was "pleased" to hear Trump's comments. "We think the 1033 program is extraordinarily important to public safety and officer safety," Pasco said.

continued...http://reason.com/blog/2016/08/23/tr...-getting-milit
    "The Patriarch"

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Mods can merge. There are already four or five dup threads rolling around, one more isn't going to matter much.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Mods can merge. There are already four or five dup threads rolling around, one more isn't going to matter much.
    Dup threads, or posts?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Dup threads, or posts?
    Threads. I have two I personally started that were duplicated under different titles. No big deal.
    "The Patriarch"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Breaking: You R not gonna believe this!

Trump eager to return military equipment to police departments

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...ce-departments

The violent crisis in Ferguson, Missouri, two years ago rattled the country in a variety of ways, but one of the lasting debates focused on the militarization of local law enforcement. Many Americans weren’t just shocked by the unrest; they were surprised to see police officers carrying weapons of war while confronting civilians.

Soon after, there was considerable interest on Capitol Hill about reforming the Pentagon’s “1033” program that makes military equipment available to police departments. Though most of the support for changes was spearheaded by Democrats – Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.) and Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.) were particularly invested – even some Republican lawmakers agreed it was time to take another look at the policy.

Congressional action never materialized, but as we discussed last year, the Obama administration followed through, banning the transfer of at least some types of military weapons to local police.

As Bloomberg Politics reported yesterday, Donald Trump wants to undo what President Obama has done.
    Police union members in Ohio today quizzed Donald Trump about protective gear, saying President Obama has banned practice of sales of surplus military equipment to police department.

Trump says he would resume such sales, saying “Yes, I would. I think it’s ridiculous” the practice was stopped.
    Keep in mind, under the White House’s reforms, items like grenade launchers are no longer made available to local police departments. NBC News’ reported last May that if local departments “want other, less-imposing military equipment, local law enforcement agencies will have to submit to stringent federal oversight and restrictions.”

Under a Trump administration, those restrictions would disappear, and police access to military equipment and weapons would be restored.

Whether or not the Republican nominee has thought any of this through – as opposed to simply blurting out an answer yesterday – is unclear
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I feel like I've seen this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

My personal observation is that local police now consider themselves the same as military. It feels very awkward. I do not think local law enforcement and crime investigation is the same as national defense.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    My personal observation is that local police now consider themselves the same as military. It feels very awkward. I do not think local law enforcement and crime investigation is the same as national defense.
    Hence the PR efforts

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    You can thank Bill Clinton for that--he militarized the police first.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know about you guys but I feel safer already.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

I believe this. How does any of you expect Trump to get rid of 11 million illegals without the police having any grenade launchers?
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    Mike Brown & other fat racist pieces of $#@! are dead, because of 9mm or .40 or whateverammo & generic chokeholds.

The guy selling selling looses didn't experience a militarized choke hold. Maybe the cop travelled to Israel and learnt Krav maga.

The cop should use whatever they want, it's who and what buildings they are going into that are the problem.
    how is that in any way a legitimate argument that this is ok??? lol do you know what forums you are on???

any excuse to keep thinking trump is your guy I suppose.

militarized police is against everything this country was founded on.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

So beautiful, brings a tear to my eye

Someone rep this I'm out of ammo.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    I believe this. How does any of you expect Trump to get rid of 11 million illegals without the police having any grenade launchers?
    His position on deportation has "evolved" recently, so...

This must be about something else.

One could think of policy reasons behind it, but this Trump we're talking about.

In reality, it's just his way of signalling that he's tough on crime, the police love him, 'Murica, 'Murica, flag, luviterleaveit, eagle, 'Murica, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Too late, because Trump just officially adopted the Jeb Bush/Gang of 8 Position on Amnesty.
    Rand Paul for Peace

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic